Bedwetter

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What kind of protection did you wear for bedwetting? Pull-ups, GoodNites…? How old were you when you stopped? Did you ever wet it intentionally?

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I have all sorts of protections, but in my country, Tena Maxi is the cheap and good one to go to, and therefore the most often i wear is that.
so to stop the inconvenience of waking up at night i often wear the best i have to bed, like ABDL diapers or Megamax etc, and only change after breakfast or afternoon before heading out the house. By that time they are almost at capacity.
I grew out of diapers prolly at around 6-7, then back in diapers when im 17 and till now 32.
I have a kind of OAB + Urge incontinence and a semi damaged bladder due to accident and have little control over the bladder sphincter muscle.
So there are times (Very Rare) when i have feelings of a rather full bladder and intentionally let it go to feel how its like having control over wanting when to pee. other times, its totally unintentional.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Drynites.
I used to wear them until the age of 9 i believe.
Intentionally not really.
Subconsciously Intentional, yes.
Waking up has never been a skill of mine.
Knowing that i had to pee but still being sleepy, i just peed.
Only to later realise what happened.

In my days of bedwetting it was terry nappies and rubber pants. That was a long time ago! These days I use various AB nappies always with plastic pants every night.

4 years old.

Peaudouce Childsize nappies.

I don’t remember wetting intentionally but I do have a very vivid (and fond) memory of waking up in the middle of having a wee whilst it was just flowing out of me uncontrollably as I woke up groggily.

For years I wasn’t sure whether this was a memory of wetting the bed or a nappy as I had no memory of what happened afterwards.

For a long time I thought I’d finished wearing nappies to bed at 3, until I saw a photo of myself in pyjamas from the holiday we went on during which I had my 4th birthday and there was an unmistakable nappy bulge and white plastic poking over the top of my pyjamas, meaning I must have been 4 when I stopped wearing.

Looking back, given I know I was also 4 when the DL thing hit, I wonder if there was much of a gap at all between my stopping wearing for need and my wanting to wear.

That’s the problem with fragmented early memories- they can play tricks!

Last edited:
I'm a life-long bed wetter and old enough that we did not have disposables when I was growing up. When I outgrew baby cloth diapers/plastic pants, I had to tough it out until after high school/out on my own when I found adult-size protection. I still wear cloth/plastic pants to bed every night when I'm at home (disposables when away). I prefer pull-on style diapers/training pants and use a couple of layers to get enough absorbancy for my needs. To make them comfortable I use my normal size first (L) and then the next size larger (XL) over the first one, then my plastic pants. That works great for me. I wet at night, but if I happen to wake up needing to pee I just do it in my diaper and go on back to sleep.

Reactions: Lyric, INCONTGUY and PadPhilosopher
Based on my childhood photos and memories, normal nappies for the first couple of years after potty training until around 8. Then a year or two in huggies pull ups, followed by drynites until I was dry when I was 13. I never wet intentionally but was never rushed to take them off, as ky parents always wanted to check instead of me getting changed myself

K911 said:
I have all sorts of protections, but in my country, Tena Maxi is the cheap and good one to go to, and therefore the most often i wear is that.
so to stop the inconvenience of waking up at night i often wear the best i have to bed, like ABDL diapers or Megamax etc, and only change after breakfast or afternoon before heading out the house. By that time they are almost at capacity.
I grew out of diapers prolly at around 6-7, then back in diapers when im 17 and till now 32.
I have a kind of OAB + Urge incontinence and a semi damaged bladder due to accident and have little control over the bladder sphincter muscle.
So there are times (Very Rare) when i have feelings of a rather full bladder and intentionally let it go to feel how its like having control over wanting when to pee. other times, its totally unintentional.
Actually have you considered cloth diapers? Although it’s almost unheard of people in sg at bigger age using cloth.

Pull-Ups/Easy-Ups for a long time until they no longer worked, then mostly Underjams or sometimes rarely it was Goodnites if they were on-sale or we were on vacation and that's what the store had sorta thing was mostly Underjams though. As I got older/bigger I did have a couple years of the old 6-tape Attends briefs until I no longer needed them. Outgrew bedwetting slowly eased off and quit completely just before my 15th birthday. Was such a relief to finally quit.

Intentionally wetting - Ehh... sorta-yeah? Sometimes in the mornings I would wet again if they weren't about to leak or if I woke up already wet and had to go again was never much I usually went sometime in the early morning I guess, rarely right after falling asleep; I was like whatever I guess I didn't want to get up or thought I was still asleep sometimes and then was like oh wait :ROFLMAO:, usually weekends were extended pajamas/protection stayed on for longer than normal, I would just fly out of bed to the sofa and eat cereal and watch cartoons with my brother, I didn't care at all if I was wearing a pull-up or not, wet/dry didn't matter to me I couldn't tell or care less either way as long as I wasn't uncomfortable or had leaked, but after a couple hours or when a annoying show would come on I didn't like I'd change into normal clothes or if it had been awhile my parents would shoo us both to go get dressed and clean up but was never really a problem, Mom never brought up the extra-wet ones or anything like that, she just rolled with it I guess? Apparently I never really saw an issue with it at that age, my brother didn't care if I was wet or not and couldn't tell if I went or not that was the point of wearing protection anyway was less laundry and no embarrassment; hell I know I would run to the bathroom on commercials to go in the toilet and not even drop my pants so would just leave the same wet pull-up on and run back to the sofa without a care. Gotta keep in mind I didn't have any sort of interest in that sort of thing then and I wanted to quit wetting, just didn't care about it as much at home or anything when I was that age, certainly wasn't all sunshine and daisies! Wetting the bed sucked! Was hard to hide from friends and a hassle for my parents to deal with and buy pull-ups and stuff!

I wet the bed from about 9 to 12 years old.

Disposables were not readily available at that time, so my parents brought me some snap-on plastic pants with a snap-in cloth liner.

The only special thing on my bed was a plastic sheet under my fitted sheet.

I never really had an issue as a child, but wound up with bed wetting months after life as I knew it came to a drastic end. For me this issue has only worsened to where it is today, with me in diapers full time. I think I had MAYBE 7-10 dry nights last year and 2 so far this year though that's because I was in so much pain I never managed to fall asleep. When I am awake *SOMETIMES* I feel a sudden urge, most of the time I only know I peed or I'm peeing when I feel my crotch get wet and warm. I've tried everything short of surgery to try to manage this and catheters and me are oil and water, so it would appear I'm stuck with this. I also tried a clamp but again, no thank you.

When this was "new", I was mortified but today I generally pay little attention to this. Everyone in my family is well aware of my health issues as are all of my close friends, meaning better than 3 dozen people know of my problems. Much to my surprise, this is a total "non issue" as I've never really had anyone make a bigger deal out of this than it is and besides, compared to everything else I have been living with for the past couple decades, this is the ONE issue I have that causes me NO PAIN!

I wish I didn't have this problem, but life is what you make of it. I am determined to die with a smile on my face by trying to enjoy as much of this life as I am able to!

CptKirk.

jackyyyyt said:
Actually have you considered cloth diapers? Although it’s almost unheard of people in sg at bigger age using cloth.
nah i considered cloth before, even bought the threaded armor cloth diapers, its just a hassel to wash them imo.
And despite it being really comfortable, i tend to leak too often in cloth :p. So im still into just untaping and throw , taping and go :D

When I became permanent incontinent as a teenager it was Boots off the shelf taped briefs and plastic pants. As the years have passed technology has been greatly improved and lots of great high capacity diapers now plus the addition of great prints makes it easier to manage incontinence.

Reactions: surprise35 and PadPhilosopher
I wear tape on adult diapers , we have goodnites available here but those were expensive. Settled for tape on medical style diapers instead , i stopped around 16 or 17 years old but i still wore to bed just in case for about a year after because i was kinda used to wearing diapers growing up and it was a good form of protection plus it provides comfort and security. Yeah i did wet intentionally for practical reasons like at a theme park and when the restrooms were unavailable when i was traveling during my teen years .

Reactions: Millbay and PadPhilosopher
I was never a big bed wetter, just a late potty trainer. The weird part is, I would wet the bed every now and then when I was a kid. Never enough to warrant wearing protection though. (Like once every few months). As a kid, that would have been a wish come true to wear diapers again. Buttt… it is what it is. If I was a bedwetter though, I think I would have hated it. I think the choice is a lot better than the need.

Reactions: TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
Been a bedwetter forever, so nevr on purpose but most night wake up wet.

As it was when i was a kid i'm young enough to have the early pampers (early 70's) but it was a bit hard when i was older, as general availability of teen products were not really a thing yet. But i ended up using adult ones from the pharmacy, but sometimes at the cabin when a teen it was an issue, forgot them (mom actually) or ran out, and locally there was nothing and nearest pharmacy was like 1hr away...so papmers and some heavy duty tape was the option. I do remember the tape on my skin overnight was horriable and in the am it was very painpul to take off, not sure what type of tape it was, not duct tape though. But it was very sticky and i couldnt break the tape at all, took scissors and mom to cut them off in the morning, and got bayond a rash where it was on the skin, was not very fun to say the least!!!

Thesedays allways use megamax.

What kind of protection did you wear for bedwetting?
Not every night, but when diapered it was multiple flats and a plastic pant.

Pull-ups, GoodNites…?
Nope, disposables were not yet available.

How old were you when you stopped?
Around age 9

Did you ever wet it intentionally?
Yes

(As a child waking wet with no memory was magically exciting and it still is.)

What kind of protection did you wear for bedwetting? Pull-ups, GoodNites…?
I wore Huggies Diapers until I was 7, Pull-ups until I was 9, and then Goodnites the rest of the way
How old were you when you stopped?
Did you ever wet it intentionally?
Yes. Not all the time, but there were certainly times where I was watching my TV in the morning on the weekend and would pee in my Goodnites. I also remember my mom telling me not to wake her up on the weekend for a change if I was wearing my diaper and that when she woke up, she’d change me right away

I was a chronic bedwetter throughout my childhood and teens. I stopped when was nearly 18. The only diapers available at the time were cloth diapers mom folded and pinned together and plastic pants. I wore them until I stopped my bedwetting. I also wore diapers during the day on car trips, to the movies, church, Disneyland and other places where I might have an accident because of not getting to a restroom in time. The only diapers I ever wore were cloth diapers and as I got older mom used two or three, even four diapers folded together. By the time I was out of college and on my own I was a DL, and wore diapers sporadically when I could mostly on weekends and only wore cloth diapers and plastic pants. In my 50's I started wetting my bed again, not every night but enough that I started wearing diapers and plastic pants to bed every night. I wear cloth prefold diapers now and plastic pants.

Diapers (usually Huggies) until 6, Pull-Ups until 9, GoodNites until 11, and then Depend male pads until I stopped bedwetting past 12.

I never intentionally and while awake used anything I could take off myself (so in other words, I did while in actual diapers) but for one time when I was 11 and curious, near the onset of puberty. Considering it was just a pad, I regretted it as it leaked and I had the shame of knowing I'd done that to myself awake, not even accidentally.

Back