Bed wetting oddities

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m an adult bedwetter due to I think nerve damage from coeliacs , but never was a child or teenage one
But my bed wetting doesn’t follow any rhyme or reason pattern 🙄
Last Saturday night I soaked the bed as my nappy leaked (I was drunk ) This week I hardly peed all night but had only drank a little less
Tiredness will get me nearly every time even if I’ve had a pee just before bed .
So like most bed wetters I nappy up as I don’t want to be changing bed sheets @1am

Reactions: Edgewater, OriginalWetone, ChrisChris and 1 other person
I am an adult bedwetter due to diabetic related nerve problems and my bedwetting though constant is not the same every night. Some nights I completely soak my nappy and the bed gets wet where as other nights my nappy is just damp when I wake and sometime the nappy is quite wet but not leaking.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Edgewater, ChrisChris and 1 other person
same. Its weird and i don't understand it. its a hit or miss

Reactions: Tommy10 and Edgewater
It honestly isn't even consistent if I wet the bed. Right now I average 3 or 4 wet nights. Sometimes I wake up either having just peed or while peeing. Other nights I sleep right through.

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and Edgewater
Aaa, the wonderful and surprising world of being IC!

Clearly drinking in excess only adds to the likelihood of waking to a wet bed! Stop that and life becomes dryer!

For someone that is IC, variation in nightly volume is common and has any number causes. What causes yours' can be understood by Journalling your diet, liquid intake, sleeping habits, medications taken, etc, etc, etc..

Exceeding the capacity of your diaper is so simply I see no reason to cover it!

Reactions: Diprs2 and princessarya
I keep track of mine and it is completely irratic, Tried a food tracker, drink tracker, etc. Still nothing.

Can't say I bother keeping score any more after 11 years of nightly bedwetting with the only variation being the amount I wet and the very very rare dry night. It is case of what will be will be.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
Been a bed wetter my whole life on top of day time IC
Some mornings I wake up with a soaked diaper, some times it's just damp other days I can wake up dry. Unfortunately soon as I stand up out of bed woosh
soaked.
As has been said you'd have to monitor all your intake & diet
but I don't recommend cutting off fluids in the evening as this can lead to dehydration which makes things harder on your kidneys.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and NappiedTruckDriver
Wetshisbed said:
I am an adult bedwetter due to diabetic related nerve problems and my bedwetting though constant is not the same every night. Some nights I completely soak my nappy and the bed gets wet where as other nights my nappy is just damp when I wake and sometime the nappy is quite wet but not leaking.
what is a sunday lay in with your parents..is that the day they made love bfore getting up?

Reactions: Diprs2
My previous doctor had the right attitude when discussing my increasing night time wetting before sending me off to see the urologist. "Well really and truthfully bedwetting is only a laundry problem". He has long since retired but obviously didn't see bedwetting as life threatening.

• Love
Reactions: Josephine, Diprs2, flybaby and 1 other person
princessarya said:
It honestly isn't even consistent if I wet the bed. Right now I average 3 or 4 wet nights. Sometimes I wake up either having just peed or while peeing. Other nights I sleep right through.
i've woke up while peeing myself.Hot!

Reactions: princessarya
Same here. I can go 10 or 12 nights, and a bit more rarely 3 or 4 weeks without a wet bed. Then, for no reason it'll be 5 times in a week. As much as disposables would be perfect for this problem, justifying the cost given my frequency inconsistencies, just does add up. Cloth and plastic pants have made managing my completely roll-of-the-dice bedwetting way more practical.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back