Baby powder options other then Johnson's

tenderbottoms47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So after years of using the original Johnson's baby powder which I rather adored and finally running out, I decided to try their non talc powder and I absolutely hate it. It stinks to high heaven and I hate the texture on my skin. This stuff just pours out of the container making a big mess. Has anyone found baby powder that's close to the original J&J's baby powder scent and texture?

• Wow
Reactions: siysiy and Edgewater
As a result of the successful lawsuits near all suppliers for North America and soon Europe have or will be fully switching over to non-talc and near all have also followed with changing their scent as well.

There maybe some non-powder products that still have the original scent.

• Sad
Reactions: PaddedRita and abdlchristian12
It really concerns me that they haven't already put out a non talc classic baby fresh scent version. The scent is really what we all we are after. Such a huge blunder to just drop out of the market and not want to immediately replace it with an alternative and preserve the fragrance ASAP, being that particular fragrance is their most brand defining icon.

I'm not a fan of the blue label aloe scent either. It's really thick and musty like a stinky floral smell that clings to your nostrils and doesn't smell at all like baby to me.

I've just been getting store and off brands that have a plain "baby fresh" cornstarch version that isn't "alloe/vitamin E". In almost all cases the classic "baby fresh" fragrance will have red or pink labels and the alloe/vitamin E fragrance will blue or lavender labels.

They are not quite the same as original JJ but close enough to push baby scent triggers.

Leave it to a handful of relentless obnoxious activists who need a purpose to their life who won't stop until something is taken away from everybody else too. Like sucks you got uterine cancer or whatever but I don't have a uterus so why can't I have it? Why do you have to crusade to take it away from everyone else without our consent? Just collect your millions and put a "dont use on vagina" warning label on it like we do with everything else and leave the rest of us alone. 🤬

My ability to have informed consent and ultimate final say in my personal choices is NON NEGOTIABLE for my continued peaceable cooperation with "society".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and tenderbottoms47
I was sad when they took the original pink powder off of the market. I hate lavender so I didn't try the purple Johnson's powder, but I picked up the blue one instead. At first I wasn't sure I liked it and didn't initially like the texture of it, but the scent was nice. I held onto my last half full bottle of the original stuff just in case, but I actually got used to the blue powder. Now I don't mind it and really enjoy the smell! It's not the same scent I grew up with however. I still don't know why they couldn't just make a powder with cornstarch instead of talc, in the same pink bottle with the same scent. They could have just stuck a "now talc-free!" sticker on the bottle or something. Is there something in the old scent that's bad as well?

If you're looking for that original scent, you can get Johnson's "baby moisture lotion" in a pink bottle, and it smells really similar to the old powder. I use that whenever I get out of the shower. I find it has a stronger scent that lasts longer than the powder scent. They also had a "baby moisture wash" in the same scent, but they took that off of the market as well for some reason. Now I use Johnson's "head-to-toe" body wash, as it has a light scent that doesn't overpower the lotion scent. The Johnson's baby oil also has a nice smell. After I shower I put on some lotion, powder, and a diaper, and I smell as fresh as a baby!

Reactions: Edgewater
i also miss the OG heavily scented Huggies baby wipes. That and OG JJ powder together hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that some sweet smells

Reactions: abdlchristian12 and Edgewater
tenderbottoms47 said:
So after years of using the original Johnson's baby powder which I rather adored and finally running out, I decided to try their non talc powder and I absolutely hate it. It stinks to high heaven and I hate the texture on my skin. This stuff just pours out of the container making a big mess. Has anyone found baby powder that's close to the original J&J's baby powder scent and texture?
No sorry Johnson powder is the best

Veljie said:
i also miss the OG heavily scented Huggies baby wipes. That and OG JJ powder together hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that some sweet smells
Does Huggies still make any scented baby wipes? The only scented ones I could find are the Pampers "baby fresh" wipes. They're not bad but I was hoping for a more babyish scent.

LilPaddedBunny said:
Does Huggies still make any scented baby wipes? The only scented ones I could find are the Pampers "baby fresh" wipes. They're not bad but I was hoping for a more babyish scent.
I just bought the Huggies scented wipes tonight. Scent is not like the “baby fresh “ scent. More fruity.

One or the big abdl companies need to make scented wipes for us. They would make a killing.

Check eBay
LittleAndAlone said:
It really concerns me that they haven't already put out a non talc classic baby fresh scent version. The scent is really what we all we are after. Such a huge blunder to just drop out of the market and not want to immediately replace it with an alternative and preserve the fragrance ASAP, being that particular fragrance is their most brand defining icon.

I'm not a fan of the blue label aloe scent either. It's really thick and musty like a stinky floral smell that clings to your nostrils and doesn't smell at all like baby to me.

I've just been getting store and off brands that have a plain "baby fresh" cornstarch version that isn't "alloe/vitamin E". In almost all cases the classic "baby fresh" fragrance will have red or pink labels and the alloe/vitamin E fragrance will blue or lavender labels.

They are not quite the same as original JJ but close enough to push baby scent triggers.

Leave it to a handful of relentless obnoxious activists who need a purpose to their life who won't stop until something is taken away from everybody else too. Like sucks you got uterine cancer or whatever but I don't have a uterus so why can't I have it? Why do you have to crusade to take it away from everyone else without our consent? Just collect your millions and put a "dont use on vagina" warning label on it like we do with everything else and leave the rest of us alone. 🤬

My ability to have informed consent and ultimate final say in my personal choices is NON NEGOTIABLE for my continued peaceable cooperation with "society".

Maybe they’re trying to intentionally get away from the ABDL market/scene?

LittleAndAlone said:

that's a really, really weird attitude to have, on so many levels.

1) if your daughter or sister or mother got uterus cancer and died, would you sit around and wait for it to happen to someone else, or would you do something about it?

2) people seek justice from corporations not just for monetary gain, but to give back to society. like the people who sued the producers of thalidomide, right?

3) if it's causing uterus cancer, it's reasonable and logical to assume it would cause health problems for people with penises, too, they just haven't been discovered yet

4) having access to one specific product has nothing to do with your freedoms. make it yourself if you're that mad. (i also love inference there at the end that if you can't buy one specific type of fucking talcum powder you'll loose your marbles and go assault someone. it's so funng omg)

please get over yourself and be more respectful to people who cancer has made suffer

Reactions: SuperAbsorbentPolymer, diaperbutt09, GoodnitesLover8 and 2 others
ruach said:
that's a really, really weird attitude to have, on so many levels.

1) if your daughter or sister or mother got uterus cancer and died, would you sit around and wait for it to happen to someone else, or would you do something about it?

2) people seek justice from corporations not just for monetary gain, but to give back to society. like the people who sued the producers of thalidomide, right?

3) if it's causing uterus cancer, it's reasonable and logical to assume it would cause health problems for people with penises, too, they just haven't been discovered yet

4) having access to one specific product has nothing to do with your freedoms. make it yourself if you're that mad. (i also love inference there at the end that if you can't buy one specific type of fucking talcum powder you'll loose your marbles and go assault someone. it's so funng omg)

please get over yourself and be more respectful to people who cancer has made suffer
Then they can take their compensation and promote awareness of the risks. No more. No right to impose on others free will. People engage in all sorts of unnecessary activities that are a danger to their health and safety. Nobody else owns their lives but them. When are we going to ban alcohol? Oh wait we tried that lol. NFL? Oh no but people enjoy those particular health hazards don't they?

Who said anything about assaulting someone? My first line of defense would be feigning compliance and going private, but Im going to keep doing and enjoying what I want regardless. There's only a danger of violence if someone seeks out and comes to me to threaten and initiate violence to force compliance. Leave people be.

Last edited:
abdlchristian12 said:
I just bought the Huggies scented wipes tonight. Scent is not like the “baby fresh “ scent. More fruity.
l think I would probably like those, but all the Huggies wipes I saw at the store were unscented. I'll have to take a closer look next time. :)

If you look around, there are a few options as an alternative to J&J. I was using Northshore's baby powder until they discontinued it. I use Caldesene cornstarch powder now, I like the smell of both the blue and pink medicated powder...and best of all they feel amazing on the skin.

If you're feeling adventurous, there is a youtuber who makes bedwetting and incontinence support content by the name of Diaper Dynamo. Fairly recently he researched, experimented, and developed his own baby powder. I haven't had the chance to try it myself yet, but I want to! If any of you give it a try, let me know how it is!

Last edited:
Idk if anyone can find this brand. I get this at a local DIY store in my home town. It's soft and smells more baby like than the aloe and vitamin E cornstarch products currently on the market. I believe I paid $2.99 for it too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624-044251_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624-044251_Gallery.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: MetalDan86 and Edgewater
I'm fortunate to still get J&J powder but its not the original powder ! I can only get the Aloe with Vitamin E J&J . Would like to fine a replacement powder with Corn Starch I really miss using the J&J Corn Starch powder !!

Caldesene in the pink bottle!

I am using a cornstarch powder sold by Winco Foods. It feels and smells like the original to me.

I'm looking forward to a Surgeon General's warning on bottles of baby powder...

• Haha
Reactions: PaddedRita and Edgewater
In Europe we have a very nice baby fragrance and also the powder called Zwitsal..
I'm sure if some people had a chance to try it, they will remember it for a long time...
1687713824503.png

Back