Autism Sensory Toys or Chewelry that also make you feel Little, to address both of my needs?

Plushie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
There's probably a lot of autism toys out there but I want something that is dual-purpose - meeting both my autistic and ABDL needs. Ideas? I often chew on my pacifier rather than suck on it, but I'd like to expand my horizons. I don't mind if it's subtle as long as it hits both marks. I'm curious what other people use.

I used to use silicone teether rings, but I'd inevitably chew them to pieces. I'd also be interested in something which does both but is a bit more resilient.

Reactions: Plushie
Same here! Would be very interested to know if anyone has any suggestions. I obviously can't use a paci out in public, and chewing on my hand is both not particularly healthy and also doesn't really stim the little side of me.

Go to the Carter's website, they have a lot of things you might like.

Plushie said:
There's probably a lot of autism toys out there but I want something that is dual-purpose - meeting both my autistic and ABDL needs. Ideas? I often chew on my pacifier rather than suck on it, but I'd like to expand my horizons. I don't mind if it's subtle as long as it hits both marks. I'm curious what other people use.
I just buy baby teethers and baby rattles.
I am rebuilding my collection of them after them being thrown-away when clearing out my house of bed bugs 4 months ago.
1222212054.jpg

Reactions: LittleAndrea and Plushie
caitianx said:
I just buy baby teethers and baby rattles.
I am rebuilding my collection of them after them being thrown-away when clearing out my house of bed bugs 4 months ago.
View attachment 68790
So what's my best bet for stimmy-ness? I don't like rattles because they give me sensory problems rather than help. Should I try teethers?

Plushie said:
So what's my best bet for stimmy-ness? I don't like rattles because they give me sensory problems rather than help. Should I try teethers?
Teethers

I have Fisher-Price stackers, a rattle and baby keys. All my toys go in my mouth at some point when I'm playing, but I don't think I'm autistic

Katie2fingers said:
I have Fisher-Price stackers, a rattle and baby keys. All my toys go in my mouth at some point when I'm playing, but I don't think I'm autistic
I was diagnosed recently, so I've been on a quest to find things that help me lately. In this case I want to find stuff that meets all of my needs. It can't hurt to get something stimmy that's really cute too! :p

I love sensooli products for chewing (and other sensory needs). They have some really good chewellery and accessories. My favourite is the cactus- a bumpy silicon tube that you can put pencils, headphone wires and hoodie strings to stop you chewing through them. They have some other really good sensory items for sale for all types of sensory seekers. A lot of the things they sell are childish and would meet your ABDL needs and some thing are more discreet or grown up. They are my go to store for sensory processing toys.

https://sensooli.com/shop/

DragonPrinceling said:
I love sensooli products for chewing (and other sensory needs). They have some really good chewellery and accessories. My favourite is the cactus- a bumpy silicon tube that you can put pencils, headphone wires and hoodie strings to stop you chewing through them. They have some other really good sensory items for sale for all types of sensory seekers. A lot of the things they sell are childish and would meet your ABDL needs and some thing are more discreet or grown up. They are my go to store for sensory processing toys.

https://sensooli.com/shop/
I really like this site, because there's a lot of variety... Unfortunately I'm in Canada. But it did remind me to go look at Chewigem again. It seems most of these items on those sites are pretty discreet, which is great, but sometimes I want something more juvenile/babyish at home... Hmmm....

So you like the cactus best? Do you put them on them ahead of time and have a bunch of them, or do you just transfer it from item to item? I actually like the idea of it, but I'd want it more in a necklace. Do you wear any of your chews out? Or bring them with you? Lately I've been having trouble chewing on my nails and pens again because I have no other chew outlet. How did you choose your chews? Have you always had them? I honestly don't know what to buy because I feel like I've been deprived for so long. All I know is I want something cute. 😅

Last edited:
Plushie said:
I was diagnosed recently, so I've been on a quest to find things that help me lately. In this case I want to find stuff that meets all of my needs. It can't hurt to get something stimmy that's really cute too! :p
Walmart has toy turtles in the baby section. Actually they're supposed to hang on a baby carrier, but I play with mine. Very soft, very scenery, parts of it will go in my mouth, I have fun with it. Her name is Lizzy.

Guys, seriously heed this and go buy yourself a Boon one.

Boon Silicone Teether, Prance Unicorn , 1.93x1.5x4.92 Inch (Pack of 1)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07985Z8YN/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_FMMNFG3P1ZX2XKKW8HGC
Boon Silicone Teether, Growl Dragon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798GY48V/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_75EZFAJW4T8NNN1WXBE6?psc=1

They’re adorable and have different types of resistance. The legs are so good to chew on and the head. The rubbery chewiness is unmatched in the many things I’ve tried specifically marketed to autism spectrum or otherwise. Plus they’re just like cute lil toys for your lil side. And the whole, “I’m trying not to bite my nails because of covid and general hygiene” thing is enough for me 🤷🏼‍♀️. I keep mine on a paci leash sometimes too so like when I’m driving and let it drop it’s fine. No one has ever noticed or mentioned it but if they do I’m doubling down on it as the only thing that keeps me from compulsively biting my nails while driving.

Attachments

• 0A0986B3-B583-41E5-9F81-3391EE34F479.jpeg
    0A0986B3-B583-41E5-9F81-3391EE34F479.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
  • EAD88FFE-EC3A-4BD3-981A-8EDCDCB27A3B.jpeg
    EAD88FFE-EC3A-4BD3-981A-8EDCDCB27A3B.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Target, Walmart, Amazon all have em. I bet other places too. But sometimes you might have to go elsewhere to get your favorite
Allthatandthechips said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07985Z8YN/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_FMMNFG3P1ZX2XKKW8HGC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0798GY48V/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_a_75EZFAJW4T8NNN1WXBE6?psc=1

They’re adorable and have different types of resistance. The legs are so good to chew on and the head. The rubbery chewiness is unmatched in the many things I’ve tried specifically marketed to autism spectrum or otherwise. Plus they’re just like cute lil toys for your lil side. And the whole, “I’m trying not to bite my nails because of covid and general hygiene” thing is enough for me 🤷🏼‍♀️. I keep mine on a paci leash sometimes too so like when I’m driving and let it drop it’s fine. No one has ever noticed or mentioned it but if they do I’m doubling down on it as the only thing that keeps me from compulsively biting my nails while driving.
you might have to look twice to find your favorite color but target, Amazon, and Walmart all have em too so easy to come by.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I just got this from Lilkink.
07.jpg

Allthatandthechips said:

Really like the look of these! Very cute! :)

LittleAndrea said:
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I just got this from Lilkink.
View attachment 69102
Are those beads and the star all chewable? If so, then yes that's right in line. Doesn't hurt that it's almost the trans pride colours (pink, blue and white) so that would have more meaning to me.

Plushie said:
So you like the cactus best? Do you put them on them ahead of time and have a bunch of them, or do you just transfer it from item to item? I actually like the idea of it, but I'd want it more in a necklace. Do you wear any of your chews out? Or bring them with you? Lately I've been having trouble chewing on my nails and pens again because I have no other chew outlet. How did you choose your chews? Have you always had them? I honestly don't know what to buy because I feel like I've been deprived for so long. All I know is I want something cute. 😅

I have the cactus tubes on a couple of my favourite hoodies and on my headphone wires, and I have a couple which I move around. I also have the board pendent which is pink and blue that I would would use on a white necklace to be like a trans flag but I broke the clasp on the string a couple of months ago which I keep forgetting to replace. I also have a chewy bracelet which is green on one side and red on the other to indicate to other people how I'm feeling. I don't really use the bracelet as a chew but it has been really good for when I'm having panic attacks as sometimes I need to held and talked through them and other times I need to be left alone.

I wear my chews out because if I don't I will usually either chew my nails down to the quick, wreck my clothes and stationary or start sucking my thumb. I've had chew for three and a half years.

My little side loves all things dinosaurs so I'd love to get a chewy dinosaur pendent but I've not yet seen one I like enough.

Back