AUS Vintage Disposable Nappies 70s - 00s

wowser81 said:
I was going through an old tablet which is heading to be recycled and came across these.
If I remember correctly they came up on Gumtree (Australias Craigslist) for those from USA)
They didn't last long listing wise so I can only assume someone snapped them up for a collection.
Kimbies V.I.P's small
I remember seeing those as well, almost bought them but when I came back they were gone.

Did anyone also collect promotional items from companies such as this?
I have one coming this week which I will share when it arrives this is the later print below
snpb.jpg

This is the style of diapers I wore from age 7 to 21.
I miss the old wingfold diapers.
51408ad54e73b2180e61e4125f9179ec.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and WillFord384
Came across these online recently does anyone know of cosifit ads from around mid to late 80's

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 76
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 75
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, BlueDude, KCA and 1 other person
I always saw Cosifits as the budget version of Cosies, as they were made by the same company.

bjm5yl6kqh561.jpg

Reactions: wowser81
wowser81 said:
Came across these online recently does anyone know of cosifit ads from around mid to late 80's
They say cloth backed on there. I feel like they'd be late 90s or early 2000s but the packaging looks older. Weird. Did they have cloth back that far back?!

Well I do remember archiving this from a forum a while ago that mentioned some type of cosifit nappies (2003) in the yellow packaging but they were the plastic backed ones apparently. So odd that these yellow packaging are cloth backed.

Edit: Just realised that those in mentioned in the forum were cosies not cosifit but oh well nice to know anyway.

Attachments

• Cosifit nappies 2003.png
    Cosifit nappies 2003.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
LittleMissPink said:
They say cloth backed on there. I feel like they'd be late 90s or early 2000s but the packaging looks older. Weird. Did they have cloth back that far back?!
As the box has Unicharm on it, these would be at least 2008 as that is when Unicharm took over Australian Pacific Paper Products, which was the original maker of Cosifits, Cosies and BabyLove nappies. Of course the Cosifits brand is still around today as part of the BabyLove nappy packaging.

Reactions: lilBlueyKiddo321, LittleMissPink and wowser81
Woolworths Home Brand nappies from when they were still plastic backed, but with breathable sides for what it's worth. I like the simplicity of the Home Brand packaging back then, nothing fancy, just a statement that they are nappies.

woolworths-home-brand-nappies-photo-and-review.jpg woolworths 2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: LittleMissBubba, SmolPupprrito, lilBlueyKiddo321 and 4 others
KCA said:
Woolworths Home Brand nappies from when they were still plastic backed, but with breathable sides for what it's worth. I like the simplicity of the Home Brand packaging back then, nothing fancy, just a statement that they are nappies.

View attachment 84741 View attachment 84742
So nostalgic. Would you know what year these would have been around by chance?

LittleMissPink said:
So nostalgic. Would you know what year these would have been around by chance?
Not sure exactly, but the plain Home Brand packaging was around in the 1990s and 2000s.

Reactions: LittleMissPink
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Found this. Has a cloth vs disposable segment at around 23 minutes that shows various packets from 1993.

Reactions: wowser81, KCA, LittleMissPink and 1 other person
psychoticrainbow said:
Found this. Has a cloth vs disposable segment at around 23 minutes that shows various packets from 1993.

I love the line that could easily be taken out of context: "Within 5 years, 8 out of 10 Australian kids will be wearing disposable nappies"

psychoticrainbow said:
Thanks for the link, for someone who wasn't around then it really shows how different it all ways back then.

I've added it and have other commercials that I've collected over the years in this google drive link if anyone wants to find them all in one place (at least the ones I've found and added).

• Love
Reactions: lilBlueyKiddo321, psychoticrainbow, wowser81 and 1 other person
Can't remember if I've posted these here before, apologies if I have.

0.jpg 0a.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 56273, wowser81 and LittleMissPink
patrick1776 said:
I love the line that could easily be taken out of context: "Within 5 years, 8 out of 10 Australian kids will be wearing disposable nappies"
Wow. How thick are those nappies at 25:25?

Last edited:
wowser81 said:
Next up we have some 90s Snugglers
So cute! I remember these fondly. Do these have scent? I remember the nappy aisle at the grocery store used to smell so nice when I was a kid in the 90’s

LittleMissPink said:
Thanks for the link, for someone who wasn't around then it really shows how different it all ways back then.

I've added it and have other commercials that I've collected over the years in this google drive link if anyone wants to find them all in one place (at least the ones I've found and added).
Found an earlier Snugglers commercial that wasn't on there, its at 2:44.

• Love
Reactions: wowser81, LittleMissPink and KCA
PCS said:
Wow. How thick are those nappies at 25:25?
indeed quite impressive. The closest retro feeling of that thickness and softness and scent at the same time you'd probably get today in adult diapers are the Incontrol Essential Briefs.

psychoticrainbow said:
Found an earlier Snugglers commercial that wasn't on there, its at 2:44.

Thanks! It's been added now :)

Back