Athletic activity during the winter...

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
We still have some decent weather before the snow and cold winds hit. We just finished our last softball game so I'll have to wait for next spring. I'll still play golf until we get snow (Okay, I'm crazy). But with winter it's almost here. What do you play in the cold weather? I still play tennis through the year. I joined as a member in a tennis club (inside courts). No more kayaking until next year. I'll still do some cycling as long as the streets aren't frozen with ice. I go to Florida a couple of times in winter so I can still get my fix.

What do you do when winter hits?

Reactions: LaLoneDigi
When I’m actually in a good exercising routine, I either swim or run on the treadmill—so same as I do in the other parts of the year.

I also like to hike but that’s out during the winter.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and denimchicken
Sealander said:
I also like to hike but that’s out during the winter.
I've gone snow camping a few times. And I think I'm going this winter. I've got the gear. I do some skiing but not as I'd like. Cross-skiing would be great too. The sun still shines. Good exercise. Hiking is limited with thicker snow but it still works. Winter doesn't stop me.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Sealander
I am not a super athletic person but I do enjoy a good run.

I'm picking up my brothers treadmill and I plan to use it when it's cold and windy. When it's calm outside I open on running outdoors. When it's calm, running in the winner is pretty nice.

denimchicken said:
I'm picking up my brothers treadmill and I plan to use it when it's cold and windy. When it's calm outside I open on running outdoors. When it's calm, running in the winner is pretty nice.
I've never really liked running, inside or outside (incontinent and diapers complicated running). Beside all my physical workouts (softball, kayak, cycling and golf), tennis is my go-to. Having to wear a diaper can sometimes be difficult. But I've been using a pocket diaper with compression'
shorts and they make them comfortable. Running? It doesn't work.

greatlake5 said:
I've gone snow camping a few times. And I think I'm going this winter. I've got the gear. I do some skiing but not as I'd like. Cross-skiing would be great too. The sun still shines. Good exercise. Hiking is limited with thicker snow but it still works. Winter doesn't stop me.
I got to do some winter camping in Yosemite once. Got hit by more snow than predicted. There were avalanches all night. We were safe. It was amazing! I might go again this year!

Reactions: Sealander
greatlake5 said:
We still have some decent weather before the snow and cold winds hit. We just finished our last softball game so I'll have to wait for next spring. I'll still play golf until we get snow (Okay, I'm crazy). But with winter it's almost here. What do you play in the cold weather? I still play tennis through the year. I joined as a member in a tennis club (inside courts). No more kayaking until next year. I'll still do some cycling as long as the streets aren't frozen with ice. I go to Florida a couple of times in winter so I can still get my fix.

What do you do when winter hits?

Camping, and hiking! I exercise at home year round. Otherwise I enjoy shooting hoops and tossing frisbees and footballs. Nothing very competitive. My friends and family are really laid back and chill. We barely keep track of scores.

Yeah, I have thought about wearing a diaper when I go on a run but the chaffing I experience when wearing a diaper, even when I'm not running makes me apprehensive about trying it.

It's a Shame too, because I find running trends to "loosen things up" and I need to find a restroom quickly sometimes. It would be nice if I could load my diaper, and ether finish the run, or walk the rest of it. That would be quite an experience running and... well you know. All at once.

We're in an apartment now. So I like to go on walks, which helps the diabetes without being too stressful. Last week it was amusing to kick through the fallen leaves as people were out in their yards bagging the leaves (which I no longer have to rake up). Similarly, I look forward to trudging through the snow without being required to clean our sidewalk or driveway.

Reactions: denimchicken
slimjiminy said:
I no longer have to rake up). Similarly, I look forward to trudging through the snow without being required to clean our sidewalk or driveway.
I have a lawn service so I don't have to rake leaves. For snow, I don't mind (since I have a snowblower). Any chance to be out side gives me some fresh air. Even if it's cold. But I admit that I can't wait for Florida vacations. Usually I go there twice a year. One in late January and another during spring break. Every time is when I'm just had enough of the cold.This December, my parents want me to come there for Christmas and bring my girlfriend. I love winter but going to Florida is always fun.

Same as summer golf, motorcycles and boating... we love Florida

Back