At 61 I truly believe AB/DL helps keep you young

PeeJayTee

Straight AB/DL Switch
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Happy Friday all!!!!

I'm a fairly outgoing person who says hello to everyone I pass and I really do enjoy meeting new people, young and old. Somehow I can not only relate to people my age but also people both older and much younger. It's not that I act immature it's simply because I can relate to them almost as if I am the same age. I love the music they listen to, video games, movies, etc. and they invite me out for drinks after work. When the subject comes up and I tell the younger people I work with as young as 18 and up my age, they cannot believe it which surprises me every time. I was just told the other day by a 30 year old that he thought I was 45. I was like "really?" Don't get me wrong, I am not bragging at all it's just that every time I hear that, I immediately think a lot of it has to do with the mindset aspect of AB/DL because it has been proven that the mind controls the physical body and I'm a huge believer of that. I wonder if you can patent an anti aging program that includes meditation, diet, exercise and AB/DL? lol!

I'd love to learn about others experience on this subject. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, richieboy, Chrissie and 11 others
Think young, be young.

Reactions: sbmccue, PeeJayTee, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I dont have proof of it yet, but I hope so... about to turn 64.

Reactions: Diprs2, sbmccue, PeeJayTee and 2 others
Same here, and I am nearly 30.

Reactions: PeeJayTee and ShyBoo81
In order to stay young--act young--wear diapers. It works for me!

Reactions: Diprs2, Chrissie, PeeJayTee and 1 other person
Same! Being little plus maintaining some good diet, sleep, and exercise helps alot to keep me young physically. Im 29, but hope to still look 18ish well into my late 30s

Reactions: PeeJayTee and KittyninjaW
One of my coworkers brought his five-year-old son to work once and we all had lunch together. Somehow the topic of age came up, and my coworker asked his son, "How old do you think (Cottontail's real name) is?" Son: "Ummmmmmm... a hundred!"

Gee, thanks! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: I think I was in my early 30s at the time.

I've never been mistaken for being younger than I am (I'm 47 now), but I certainly feel younger at heart, and I'm sure ABDL has something to do with that. This is also the only community I'm a part of where I regularly socialize with people much younger than myself, so I'm sure that's a contributing factor.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: geka, longallsboy, KittyninjaW and 4 others
I'm 66 going on 18(months). My wife says I could pass for being in my 30s if I cut my sideburns.

Reactions: Lyric, PeeJayTee and littlemoosey
That is what MammaBunny says every time the anniversary of my "coming out is", this year she says she will have a 6 year and 18 month old!

Reactions: Cottontail and PeeJayTee
littlemoosey said:
That is what MammaBunny says every time the anniversary of my "coming out is", this year she says she will have a 6 year and 18 month old!
There you go!

ORBaby said:
I'm 66 going on 18(months). My wife says I could pass for being in my 30s if I cut my sideburns.

That's awesome.......at least I think because all that matters is whether or not your wife would be totally into it. If so, I'd go for it!!!

Cottontail said:
One of my coworkers brought his five-year-old son to work once and we all had lunch together. Somehow the topic of age came up, and my coworker asked his son, "How old do you think (Cottontail's real name) is?" Son: "Ummmmmmm... a hundred!"

I've never been mistaken for being younger than I am (I'm 47 now), but I certainly feel younger at heart, and I'm sure ABDL has something to do with that. This is also the only community I'm a part of where I regularly socialize with people much younger than myself, so I'm sure that's a contributing factor.
I honestly don't even think of age when talking with people. The only thing that matters is if that person is cool or not.

Reactions: KittyninjaW and Cottontail
ORBaby said:
Ever since my last back surgery I started walking with a cane in the early mornings and evenings and my beard is grey and white people younger and older will hold the door for me but when I shave and wear my green veterans hat I look somewhere around the early to mid thirties (according to my wife) and nobody holds the door. The waitress at our morning diner tried to seat me elsewhere until she realized who I was the first time I shared everything off (we have a favorite seat). I love hanging out with both younger crowd and older crowd even the clients children think I’m funner than the old crusties (their word)

Reactions: PeeJayTee and KittyninjaW
I couldn't tell you exactly how long I've been a two year old toddler that's still in diapers.
But it's been a long long time 👶👶👶

Reactions: littlemoosey, PeeJayTee and KittyninjaW
Cottontail said:

My older nephew (now 10 years old) thought I was a 2 year old for many years. I found it sort of odd in a way. And the thing is, he would remember, too. Like every year we had a birthday for someone else, we'd ask him how old we were or his other relatives were. He kept saying I was 2 for years! LOL. Even my parents would laugh and say "he remembers too!". 🤣🤣😱😱🤦‍♂️

In one aspect, 2 is not that far off from what most people guess, even adults, at least in a emotional / social age aspect. Most people would put my emotional / social age at around 4 1/2 years old. Including many former college instructors (including a now retired male child development professor who taught child development for 45 years), friends, relatives, parents, other Autistic people, etc. I don't wear diapers, but I have a lot of other childish or childlike traits to me, to be sure. I have Classic Kanner Autism (likely level 2 Autism) and while I can communicate well and talk well, I'm light years behind in a lot of other aspects. It is noticeable even to people I know with higher functioning ASD who are, say, more emotionally and socially older, like a 12 year old emotionally and socially (which can be of any chronological age, although chronologically most people I know with ASD are in their 30s and 40s, in contrast to neurotypical people, where I actually have had more friends who were young children like preschoolers over time than people my age. But that's not uncommon for Autistic people - a lot of friends who are significantly older than them (elderly) or much younger (toddlers, preschoolers). According to some child development textbooks, apparently there are milestones that normal 3 1/2 year olds have gone through that I haven't. I look much younger than I really am. I can't say I look like a 4 year old, but I certainly easily look 22 and I'm actually in my mid late 40s at this point. So I look like I'm about half my age, or even more. If I shave myself fully and wear a longall and T strap shoes, you could easily think I was a very tall 12 year old. If I never grew up physically and never went through hormone changes (puberty) in my teen years, I would look practically like a young child. If I had been a proportional pituitary dwarf, I would most definitely look like a child. Some dwarfs don't look like children, but some absolutely do - especially if they have growth hormone failure (which is more uncommon these days as it can be treated). I have an extremely babyish looking face. My dad had somewhat of a baby face, in his 30s and to some extent in his early 40s, but definitely not to the extent I do. If you compare my face at age 4 to now in my mid late 40s, I virtually haven't changed at all. I just got more elongated (my legs and arms got longer). My nonautistic brother is 4 years younger than me, and tells me that I look very similar to when I was 4, in my face. Maybe it's that I have a bowl haircut now, but I don't think so....because even when I had short hair, I was eating lunch in a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant one day in 2018 or 2017 with my old community college math instructor, and I was showing him a photo of myself at age 3 1/2 on my cellphone. Two mechanics from an auto dealership walked into the restaurant and were seated at our long table. One of them took a look at the photo of myself at 3 years old and said "Wow, you haven't changed much"!! I have totally no doubt that if I was a proportional pituitary dwarf, anyone would think I was an actual preschooler. Which would probably be better for me because I act like a 4 year old anyway and I think people would be a lot more understanding as to why I act the way I do. Unfortunately and sadly, in people's minds, that is a common way of thinking. 😢🤦‍♂️ A 1 year old who looks like a 3 year old will be expected by the public to act like a 3 year old even if he or she is a 1 year old baby, which is unreasonable. Or a 9 year old that looks like a 4 year old might get treated more like a preschooler since they look like one.

I substitute taught high school for a short time when I was 25 years old, and I looked all of 15 years old then. I found not only the students thought I was a high school kid, but the teachers, staff, and everyone else kept mistaking me for being a 15 year old. How can you have any authority or any sort of control or hold yourself like an adult if you look younger than the students are???! I was a complete and total failure as a substitute teacher, although even for adults who are not Autistic and look mature, it's difficult. It took exactly a year to drive my now 72 year old community college math instructor away from teaching high school. In the mid 1970s, he taught high school math for a year and that was enough, bad enough to drive him away from high school teaching. LOL. 😂 And high school kids weren't even as bad then, in 1975, as they are now. I should have never substitute taught high school. Even 5th grade might be too hard. 5th graders can be mean. I got bullied in 5th grade so much my parents took me out of public school and sent me to a Catholic school in 6th grade. I still got bullied in Catholic K-8 school, but not quite as bad. Next time I substitute teach (if I ever do substitute teaching again), I'm doing kindergarten or even preschool. I can't deal with high school kids, and honestly, I don't even like college age kids so much. 20 to 30 years olds can be so mean. Some of the worst bullying I encountered was in state university in a residence apartment dorm complex. They were terrible, for being 20-24 years old! I was 22-24 then.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cottontail, Lyric and KittyninjaW
longallsboy said:
My older nephew (now 10 years old) thought I was a 2 year old for many years. I found it sort of odd in a way. And the thing is, he would remember, too. Like every year we had a birthday for someone else, we'd ask him how old we were or his other relatives were. He kept saying I was 2 for years! LOL. Even my parents would laugh and say "he remembers too!". 🤣🤣😱😱🤦‍♂️

In one aspect, 2 is not that far off from what most people guess, even adults, at least in a emotional / social age aspect. Most people would put my emotional / social age at around 4 1/2 years old. Including many former college instructors (including a now retired male child development professor who taught child development for 45 years), friends, relatives, parents, other Autistic people, etc. I don't wear diapers, but I have a lot of other childish or childlike traits to me, to be sure. I have Classic Kanner Autism (likely level 2 Autism) and while I can communicate well and talk well, I'm light years behind in a lot of other aspects. It is noticeable even to people I know with higher functioning ASD who are, say, more emotionally and socially older, like a 12 year old emotionally and socially (which can be of any chronological age, although chronologically most people I know with ASD are in their 30s and 40s, in contrast to neurotypical people, where I actually have had more friends who were young children like preschoolers over time than people my age. But that's not uncommon for Autistic people - a lot of friends who are significantly older than them (elderly) or much younger (toddlers, preschoolers). According to some child development textbooks, apparently there are milestones that normal 3 1/2 year olds have gone through that I haven't. I look much younger than I really am. I can't say I look like a 4 year old, but I certainly easily look 22 and I'm actually in my mid late 40s at this point. So I look like I'm about half my age, or even more. If I shave myself fully and wear a longall and T strap shoes, you could easily think I was a very tall 12 year old. If I never grew up physically and never went through hormone changes (puberty) in my teen years, I would look practically like a young child. If I had been a proportional pituitary dwarf, I would most definitely look like a child. Some dwarfs don't look like children, but some absolutely do - especially if they have growth hormone failure (which is more uncommon these days as it can be treated). I have an extremely babyish looking face. My dad had somewhat of a baby face, in his 30s and to some extent in his early 40s, but definitely not to the extent I do. If you compare my face at age 4 to now in my mid late 40s, I virtually haven't changed at all. I just got more elongated (my legs and arms got longer). My nonautistic brother is 4 years younger than me, and tells me that I look very similar to when I was 4, in my face. Maybe it's that I have a bowl haircut now, but I don't think so....because even when I had short hair, I was eating lunch in a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant one day in 2018 or 2017 with my old community college math instructor, and I was showing him a photo of myself at age 3 1/2 on my cellphone. Two mechanics from an auto dealership walked into the restaurant and were seated at our long table. One of them took a look at the photo of myself at 3 years old and said "Wow, you haven't changed much"!! I have totally no doubt that if I was a proportional pituitary dwarf, anyone would think I was an actual preschooler. Which would probably be better for me because I act like a 4 year old anyway and I think people would be a lot more understanding as to why I act the way I do. Unfortunately and sadly, in people's minds, that is a common way of thinking. 😢🤦‍♂️ A 1 year old who looks like a 3 year old will be expected by the public to act like a 3 year old even if he or she is a 1 year old baby, which is unreasonable. Or a 9 year old that looks like a 4 year old might get treated more like a preschooler since they look like one.

I substitute taught high school for a short time when I was 25 years old, and I looked all of 15 years old then. I found not only the students thought I was a high school kid, but the teachers, staff, and everyone else kept mistaking me for being a 15 year old. How can you have any authority or any sort of control or hold yourself like an adult if you look younger than the students are???! I was a complete and total failure as a substitute teacher, although even for adults who are not Autistic and look mature, it's difficult. It took exactly a year to drive my now 72 year old community college math instructor away from teaching high school. In the mid 1970s, he taught high school math for a year and that was enough, bad enough to drive him away from high school teaching. LOL. 😂 And high school kids weren't even as bad then, in 1975, as they are now. I should have never substitute taught high school. Even 5th grade might be too hard. 5th graders can be mean. I got bullied in 5th grade so much my parents took me out of public school and sent me to a Catholic school in 6th grade. I still got bullied in Catholic K-8 school, but not quite as bad. Next time I substitute teach (if I ever do substitute teaching again), I'm doing kindergarten or even preschool. I can't deal with high school kids, and honestly, I don't even like college age kids so much. 20 to 30 years olds can be so mean. Some of the worst bullying I encountered was in state university in a residence apartment dorm complex. They were terrible, for being 20-24 years old! I was 22-24 then.

- longallsboy
Thank you for the response! Stay young my friend!!

I've always been thought of as at least 10-20 years younger than my age by everyone. I think its more an attitude thing than one's appearance. Wearing diapers like I have for most off my life makes me feel younger and therefor I act and appear younger than my age.

DiaperedRider said:
I honestly don't even think of age when talking with people. The only thing that matters is if that person is cool or not.
I try to think that way. It's pretty normal for people to prefer socializing with others of similar age, so when one of our younger members expresses reluctance to engage with older members, I get it, even if it also makes me a little sad. I never hesitate to share my age when age is being discussed, but I no longer display it on my profile. I'd rather people know me by the stuff I do on purpose, not by some out-of-control number. :)

longallsboy said:
Ha ha. I don't think I've shared this on ADISC before, but I had an aunt who was a bit like Aunt Clara from A Christmas Story, the one who thinks Ralphie's a four-year-old girl and sends him the bunny suit. Mine was actually a great aunt, my grandma's sister. Unfortunately she never sent me a bunny suit, but she did send me baby toys several Christmases in a row when I was in elementary school. I found it embarrassing, and Mom would roll her eyes and say, "I really don't know what she's thinking." I can't remember what happened to those toys, and Great Aunt Frances passed away not long after that. In hindsight it's pretty clear that she'd been having memory problems for a while.

Obviously I'd have preferred to be given baby toys because I looked like a baby, but... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PeeJayTee, geka and longallsboy
Growing old is compulsory, growing up isn’t 😜

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, ORBaby and PeeJayTee
Cottontail said:
Ha ha. I don't think I've shared this on ADISC before, but I had an aunt who was a bit like Aunt Clara from A Christmas Story, the one who thinks Ralphie's a four-year-old girl and sends him the bunny suit. Mine was actually a great aunt, my grandma's sister. Unfortunately she never sent me a bunny suit, but she did send me baby toys several Christmases in a row when I was in elementary school. I found it embarrassing, and Mom would roll her eyes and say, "I really don't know what she's thinking." I can't remember what happened to those toys, and Great Aunt Frances passed away not long after that. In hindsight it's pretty clear that she'd been having memory problems for a while.

Obviously I'd have preferred to be given baby toys because I looked like a baby, but... 🤷‍♀️

Well....I got some pacifiers (I bought them myself for Christmas one year, I think it was December 1995). My mom went to the drugstore with me to get them. At the time I was almost 20 chronologically, and I was using the bigger (Ulti) MAM pacifiers. They had even a MAXI (Ulti) MAM pacifier for awhile between 1998 and 2007 or so. Those had huge baglets, they were meant for 3 years olds +. They discontinued that in America, but I think you could find that in other places like in Finland in Europe. Or Austria. I remember in the later 1990s, I used to see 4 year old children with pacifiers even at airports. Now I hardly even see babies who are 12 months old using them. Seems like it was almost a fad amongst young children. LOL. 😁🤷‍♂️😉

I remember my younger brother (my only brother) who was 14 at the time, and his comment to me.

I said to him ....

ME : "I want to get some new pacifiers for Christmas".

MY BROTHER : "You want to LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE FOR CHRISTMAS????!!!" (Sort of laughing)

ME : "No, silly!!" (Laughing very hard)

Then I repeated myself and he understood.

🤣🤣🤣

My dad, a few years ago, upon hearing the song "Maneater", by Hall And Oates (1982) on the radio station while in the car, thought the lyric was "Wo-oh, Ichiban... watch out boy, she'll chew you up" instead of "Wo-oh, here she comes, watch out boy, she'll chew you up". 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. I have no idea what Ichiban is, I think it's some Japanese word. My parents are Asian American, but certainly not Japanese. LOL.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Magicalgirl101, PeeJayTee and Cottontail
Back