Assurance diapers.

BuddyBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
The Assurance brand is marketed by Walmart. A pack of 16 sells for about $10.00 or about ,60 cents a diaper. I am on the second pack of their overnight "3 max defense"and have found them quite satisfactory. To be sure, they are not North Shore or Abena by nor do they carry those hefty prices. If you are finding the cost of disposables burdensome, you might want to give these a try.

I started getting these from another private label called McKeeson. They are manufactured by a company called Drylock Technologies. Who ones a company called Presto Absorbents. If you’re not familiar with private label… Proctor & Gamble/Pampers are to Parents Choice what Drylock/Presto are to Assurance and McKeeson.

Three things are impressive to me about these products. 1. They aren’t paper thin like Depends with tabs, have fluff and pulp to make them absorbent enough for a couple of decent wettings.
2. The hook and loop are really amazing!
3. If people realize the best kept secret in continence wear is leak quards, they will put Aways discreet and Depend out of business.
As the product manufactured by by Drylock puts off the shelf absorbent underwear to shame!
If P&G were to buy Drylock/Presto we would have a Diaper Wars II (or the adult version of the Diaper Wars was between KC and P&G in the early 90’s)
Which I predict will happen because of the “silver tsunami” (aging baby boomers) that is getting ready to take place.

Sorry to get long winded, but I’ve been thinking about this for a while and needed to get it out there.

Reactions: DiaperedG and Kellycares
I have tried both the regular ones and the overnight ones. They do hold enough for me and anyway I welcome leaks sometimes.

oldpppants said:
I have tried both the regular ones and the overnight ones. They do hold enough for me and anyway I welcome leaks sometimes.
“All diapers leak eventually”

wpn said:
I started getting these from another private label called McKeeson. They are manufactured by a company called Drylock Technologies. Who ones a company called Presto Absorbents. If you’re not familiar with private label… Proctor & Gamble/Pampers are to Parents Choice what Drylock/Presto are to Assurance and McKeeson.

Three things are impressive to me about these products. 1. They aren’t paper thin like Depends with tabs, have fluff and pulp to make them absorbent enough for a couple of decent wettings.
2. The hook and loop are really amazing!
3. If people realize the best kept secret in continence wear is leak quards, they will put Aways discreet and Depend out of business.
As the product manufactured by by Drylock puts off the shelf absorbent underwear to shame!
If P&G were to buy Drylock/Presto we would have a Diaper Wars II (or the adult version of the Diaper Wars was between KC and P&G in the early 90’s)
Which I predict will happen because of the “silver tsunami” (aging baby boomers) that is getting ready to take place.

Sorry to get long winded, but I’ve been thinking about this for a while and needed to get it out there.
Thank you, DPN, that was comprehensive. Nice to know I'm not alone. It sounds worth giving the hook and loop a try. I gave up on diapers with tabs because they don't hold up. I only wet about every third night so the tabs get a work-out when I take the diaper off to go potty.

Are they the stretch fit?

BigAl1 said:
Are they the stretch fit?
yes, there is about 3-3.5 inches of stretch material on each side of the m/r mckeeson stretch extended wear

Reactions: BigAl2
yes, the stretch diapers from Walmart I actually have decent. When I first started getting them a few years ago through my over-the-counter credit with my insurance, I thought they sucked, but once I learned how to use the hook and loop tape a little better I found them to be OK for just hanging around the apartment. Recently, I was able to get my paws on some depend plastic backed diapers and started using those a little bit and the tabs really suck. But at least now I have options for the free diapers that I get on a monthly basis. Since they are free for me, I am not too picky about which ones I use and since I’m in Diapers 24/7 they’re really only used to offset the expensive cost of things like safari and tiny tails diapers that they use on a more regular basis .

BuddyBoy said:
The Assurance brand is marketed by Walmart. A pack of 16 sells for about $10.00 or about ,60 cents a diaper. I am on the second pack of their overnight "3 max defense"and have found them quite satisfactory. To be sure, they are not North Shore or Abena by nor do they carry those hefty prices. If you are finding the cost of disposables burdensome, you might want to give these a try.
Are those the ones with the 2 long Velcro strips that fasten in the front? They aren't that terrible for a cheap diaper as long as you change frequently.

Attachments

• assurance diaper.jpg
    assurance diaper.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: egor and BigAl2
The Assurance overnight pull ups are decent too. The ones that come in a orange bag unisex. I have not tried the gender specific ones.

adam said:
Are those the ones with the 2 long Velcro strips that fasten in the front? They aren't that terrible for a cheap diaper as long as you change frequently.
I have only tried the briefs but will give the velcro closures a try because of positive comments mad earlier.

adam said:
Sorry but I think that diaper looks horrible...

I have tried the tabbed ones and they worked OK. Just OK. I also have tried them with the two long velcro strip. Those were terrible. Maybe I just did not get them fastened correct, but after a very wet bed and clothing they are going in the trash.

Straycatz said:
I have tried the tabbed ones and they worked OK. Just OK. I also have tried them with the two long velcro strip. Those were terrible. Maybe I just did not get them fastened correct, but after a very wet bed and clothing they are going in the trash.
Oh I wouldn't wear one to bed! They are barely passable for daytime use but you have to change often. I think I remember that the one in my pic was actually too large. It was the only pic I had.

I got the pullups and the diapers to I like both of them been wearing then for years now only had one diaper leak the tape came lose in bed it was my bad did not put the tape on right I would remend to everyone a vrey good diaper and pull ups for the money

Diaper2023 said:
I got the pullups and the diapers to I like both of them been wearing then for years now only had one diaper leak the tape came lose in bed it was my bad did not put the tape on right I would remend to everyone a vrey good diaper and pull ups for the money
Thank you 2023. I will give the the hook and pile diapers a try.

Back