Artificial Intelligence understanding of diapers.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, LittleAndAlone and 1 other person
Reactions: Edgewater, AJFan2020, Diprs2 and 2 others
There's no intelligence in AI. It's just trying to match spectral commonalities to things it has been shown and stored/ trained in neural net memory in the past. All statistics. It has no idea what it's seeing or doing. Just trying to plot matching data curves and messing with coefficients to make it original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, AJFan2020 and Diprs2
LittleAndAlone said:
There's no intelligence in AI. It's just trying to match spectral commonalities to things it has been shown and stored in neural net memory in the past. All statistics. It has no idea what it's seeing or doing.
You're not wrong
but it's definitely funny to watch the results at times

SparkyDog said:
You're not wrong
but it's definitely funny to watch the results at times
It just sees the ruffles everywhere as high frequency edge data and decides that's a significant recurring feature of "diaper" and weighs it high through repeated neural path reinforcement. So when you ask for a diaper you end up with diapers with 5 leg openings and 3 waistbands. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
LittleAndAlone said:
It just sees the ruffles everywhere as high frequency edge data and decides that's a significant recurring feature of "diaper" and weighs it high through repeated neural path reinforcement. So when you ask for a diaper you end up with diapers with 5 leg openings and 3 waistbands. 🤣
I think it relies heavily on stock images for its learning

SparkyDog said:
I think it relies heavily on stock images for its learning
You can also over train. Show too many brands or styles or too many aspects or show it pull-ups and disposable diapers and cloth diapers, etc on the same database and accuracy overshoots the bell curve and tanks. Aka diverging vs converging. Need multiple ANNs running in parallel each with their own specialized data subsets for best accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
LittleAndAlone said:
diverging vs converging
Yep, the machine learning model is not converging. It’s a problem with AI. Garbage in -> Garbage out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, AJFan2020 and LittleAndAlone
Cottontail said:
That last one is genius. I don't know how the diaper companies haven't figured that out yet: If you fill in the leg holes, you can't have leaks there! Duh! (*rushes off to patent this before somebody else does*)
Makes me want to amputate my legs just to try it out! 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, Cottontail and LittleAndAlone
Eclectic said:
Yep, the machine learning model is not converging. It’s a problem with AI. Garbage in -> Garbage out.
It's good for small narrow focused matching of a specific thing but not broad general use. It's great at profiling infrared or radar silhouettes for target identification when trained with controlled and curated reference data with no noise.

Last edited:
Remember that AI is only a computer code that can operate within its limits. Computer code cannot think or realy evaluate most human endeavors. It really shouldn't be given such value and importance.

Reactions: Edgewater and AJFan2020
LilPaddedBunny said:
Shockingly bad is an understatement lol. My friend shared this with me a while ago. Glancing at it from a distance doesn't look too bad but the longer you look at it, the more messed up it gets. I like how the kids are popping out of the hood, the guy on the right is leaning out from the wrong direction, and the kid with the sign is decapitated. Better not be late for the "SCHIOOL BUS". :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 134643
A good effort to thanik veteeras.

Reactions: LilPaddedBunny
Riddy said:
A good effort to thanik veteeras.
At least it did a good job with the Schiool Bus.

Very impressive. Just remember not to pee or poop in any of these.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and Diprs2
SparkyDog said:
This is the closest thing it's come to anything resembling a diaper
looks um uncomfortable?
View attachment 134614
Damn! I think your AI has either been drinking too much or it's tripping on something! LOL!

Reactions: Edgewater and SparkyDog
babydl said:
Remember that AI is only a computer code that can operate within its limits. Computer code cannot think or realy evaluate most human endeavors. It really shouldn't be given such value and importance.
This is why I am not worried about AI replacing anyone’s job anytime soon (or at all).

Reactions: Edgewater, DLScottsman and Diprs2
AJFan2020 said:
This is why I am not worried about AI replacing anyone’s job anytime soon (or at all).
That's the thing though. It already is, with disastrous (and to an extent, hilarious) results. Companies are putting junk like this out there without thoroughly vetting it... Then they get roasted for it, and start backtracking, but many times not until they've already made adjustments to their workforce.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
AI in its current state is just creating something by combining existing media, using prompts to narrow the results. Calling it AI is a bit misleading. It's gonna be a while before we get AI that can think on its own and come up with truly unique ideas by itself. Once it becomes self aware you get Skynet and you'd better have programmed a kill switch lol.

Reactions: AJFan2020
LilPaddedBunny said:
Once it becomes self aware you get Skynet and you'd better have programmed a kill switch lol.
“I’ll be back”

Reactions: AJFan2020 and LilPaddedBunny
Back