Article Requests Thread

I could do encrypting personal files and ordering online if they are not taken

yugioh986249 said:
I could do encrypting personal files and ordering online if they are not taken

PMed.

babyjess said:
It doesn't look like anybody else has requested to write it, and so as per our conversation yesterday may I please write the AB/DL clothing guide? :)

PMed.

babyjess said:
It doesn't look like anybody else has requested to write it, and so as per our conversation yesterday may I please write the AB/DL clothing guide? :)

NutFreeFruitcake said:

I would like to work with you on the article for AB/DL clothing. I started a thread with lots of links and such and know there is some on the wiki as well. Maybe we could combine everything we have to make a really nice article since the wiki is getting phased out. I think we could do this the easiest by editing the wiki for this section then when we feel it's done, t hen NutFreeFruitcake could take it and make an article out of it.

If I understand correctly, articles will not be user editable like the wiki?

I will be watching this post for a response so I can see what you think since I am not Established yet so cannot PM. Also another good reason that we edit the wiki and work together that way!

babyjess, NutFreecake, what do you think?

AdultInnocence said:
I would like to work with you on the article for AB/DL clothing. I started a thread with lots of links and such and know there is some on the wiki as well. Maybe we could combine everything we have to make a really nice article since the wiki is getting phased out. I think we could do this the easiest by editing the wiki for this section then when we feel it's done, t hen NutFreeFruitcake could take it and make an article out of it.

At this stage, I'm inclined to disagree. Part of the reason that we're deactivating the Wiki is that it has not, except for a few gems, produced many particularly strong articles. The existing body of articles there regarding AB/DL clothing is not among those gems, and I'm inclined to think that we're better off attacking the topic with a clean slate than by chaining ourselves to what little is there to be this article's core.

Besides which, babyjess has turned in some really stellar articles on other topics. Her pacifier guide is very detailed, and her baby bottle guide, which is done and will be published soon, is similarly strong. I think that she'll do awesome tackling this article from scratch.

It should be noted that an article like this is more about describing AB/DL clothing generally, rather than collecting links to good places to purchase such items.

If I understand correctly, articles will not be user editable like the wiki?

This is correct.

Whereas a Wiki is built on the premise that anyone can contribute at any time, allowing for anyone to be a content creator or editor, the Articles System is based around picking and incentivizing relative experts on topics to write something substantial and complete such that it doesn't need tweaking.

A Wiki model is, in theory, more powerful because it's open and is easily updated, but it really only works if you have a critical mass of people to support it, or else you get mostly so-so content and poor editing at best. We didn't have that critical mass, so we're migrating to a closed, controlled system which is producing much better results.

Ahh okay gotcha guess I kind of misunderstood a little and I apologize for that. It's great the article system is working well and will look forward to seeing more of it as it gets updated. I was looking for something where I could help contribute and that seemed like something I would have been able to help with even if I misunderstood :)

In the future I plan to get a hold of a sewing machine and make my own clothes for myself and others. Maybe some of the stuff in the articles will help with that too! Thanks for your response and explaining rather than a short response.

I'm willing to write the Article about Furries. I would've PMed, but... I can't... How would I do this without the PMing involved?

I have a suggestion for an article: coping with AB/DL desires while living with parents (for those who aren't able to indulge due to lack of privacy, inability to get any AB/DL-related items, etc.).

Megamatt said:
I'm willing to write the Article about Furries. I would've PMed, but... I can't... How would I do this without the PMing involved?

Please open a Requests thread titled "Article Inquiry", and we'll communicate via that.

Nihlus said:
I have a suggestion for an article: coping with AB/DL desires while living with parents (for those who aren't able to indulge due to lack of privacy, inability to get any AB/DL-related items, etc.).

I'm intrigued by this idea. Added.

Is the "AB/DL and religion" article still in need of being written?

Rocky said:
Is the "AB/DL and religion" article still in need of being written?

PMed.

I'd like to attempt "Coping with AB/DL Desires While Still Living with Parents" if possible? Might take a week or so as I have exams atm, but I feel I can get a fair bit of advice down!

eeyore said:
I'd like to attempt "Coping with AB/DL Desires While Still Living with Parents" if possible? Might take a week or so as I have exams atm, but I feel I can get a fair bit of advice down!

PMed.

Since it's now available, may I write the article on the binge/purge cycle?

Nihlus said:
Since it's now available, may I write the article on the binge/purge cycle?

PMed.

Can I write an article about diaper review for Zellers Truly brand diapers? It may be available only in Canada but it can be very useful for Canadian members (and visitors who come to Canada) Couple of members PMed me and asked me for my opinion/review on it in the past.

Emmy said:
Can I write an article about diaper review for Zellers Truly brand diapers? It may be available only in Canada but it can be very useful for Canadian members (and visitors who come to Canada) Couple of members PMed me and asked me for my opinion/review on it in the past.

PMed.

Since I dropped the idea of writing the Zellers Truly brand and I see nobody have take up writing the GoodNites review. I have been wearing that brand for about 12 years. Can I write a review on it?

Back