Are you aware when you have an accident? And are others aware ? (especially partners)

Ashton84 said:
My wife notices. If it’s been awhile since my last change, she’ll ask if I’m ready for a change.
That is what I call support.

Reactions: Diapercutie
I know when it's gonna happen. I get about a 10 second warning. So lately don't even really try to get to the bathroom cause I know I'm not gonna make it. And it's always a full bladder now. Which is the reason I wore a diaper today to my doctor appointment instead of the pullups

Reactions: sport1
I know when I am at the limit of my "clenching" that if I take a stride too long, or weaken my resolve just a sliver, that the gig is up! I probably also have the look of horror on my face.

slimjiminy said:
I know when I am at the limit of my "clenching" that if I take a stride too long, or weaken my resolve just a sliver, that the gig is up! I probably also have the look of horror on my face.
I've never been able to hold it. Often it's a flash-flood (if I'm awake). With wet accidents I get a look with my mouth open or a look of surprised.
Not a look of horror. Unless I've loaded my diaper. If that happens it's usually when I'm sleeping. If it's during the day, yeah, that's HORROR.

Ya the clenching is for the IBS (mess). For wetting, it's not a big deal for me. But yes, that "mess" brings about a look of horror (or disgust).

I am usually aware the second I get a urge and my diaper fills, but then I immediately forget about it. Sometimes I can barely feel it happening and sometimes it's more noticeable. There are plenty of times when I'm not sure how wet I am or if I am even wet or not. When I am sleeping, I am not aware.

I don't think anyone notices I have wet because it just happens in any type of circumstance or activity and, unless my diaper is leaking, I don't pay any attention to it. A messy diaper is another story and when I have one I make my way to a bathroom to change. Most people close to me know about my IC issues, but don't say anything to me. My wife does not pay any attention to it either and, luckily, she has a poor sense of smell.

When I was younger and did not wear diapers as often, accidents in normal underwear did get noticed by others. Waaaay more embarrassing.

Last edited:
I'm very aware. I don't think others can tell as long as I didn't eat anything that makes my pee smelly.

For wetting, sometimes. I have recently been diagnosed with mixed IC so on days I’m dealing with retention I can feel the fullness in my bladder. No one (even those close to me) has said anything to suggest they know when I am actively having a wetting accident. If it’s a bm though, I still feel the urge so I try to run to the toilet. If I don’t make it to the toilet and it turns into an accident I often cry or blush with embarrassment. So I am sure others can tell when I have a bm accident.

Sometimes I am, but not always. Sometimes others notice and ask if everything is ok and if I need support in any way

fancydancey said:
... If it’s a bm though, I still feel the urge so I try to run to the toilet. If I don’t make it to the toilet and it turns into an accident I often cry or blush with embarrassment....
I get angry with disgust if I have a BM accident (at home).

A had a near accident in a major store last spring. I was dying from embarrassment while clenching to hold it back. By some miracle, I made it home ok.

Wife usually can’t tell but occasionally while cuddling she has felt my gut/lower area clench up and constrict as it does when I pee. She’s called me out a couple of times mid pee🙈

Reactions: Babynie
As I primarily deal with bed wetting I’m not usually awake when I have an accident. However, when I’m at the gym I do notice accidents when exercising. I often feel myself leak when I’m exercising, especially when doing abdominal exercises. As for my partner, she hasn’t ever mentioned noticing when I have an “accident” but she will often check my diaper in the morning or after a nap and comment on me being wet or dry.

Yup I'm aware as it's quite painful and my wife would easily pick up on it heck she could tell the difference between me wetting or messing or both. Occasionally my body would pull one over on us and I'd have a non painful release been times I'd be out and about with her and and smell something and realize I was poopy or start feeling my diaper sag and realize it pretty wet with no real idea how it happened.. on those days I noticed it's more of a constant drip ...that will get ya because the diaper gets wetter constantly and you don't really notice until it's wet enough to be heavy or it leaks or it just get uncomfortable ...
My income is all over the place some days are very painful as in painful bladder and the gut cramps of IBS. Othere days not so bad pain wise but my control has been virtually shit for over a year only thing I can basically guarantee is pretty much everything ends out in my diapers regardless of what I want.
But I've been called out by a few close friends and my wife plenty of times because used to try to get to a bathroom and I guess when I feel a larger bladder release I still do the blank stare sometimes but when it is painful it was more obvious. But anywho have a good one all

I can feel it, but no one has told me I stink of piss when my diaper is wet, nor has anyone remarked that I look like I'm peeing. When I've leaked though, it gets noticed.

Ashton84 said:
My wife notices. If it’s been awhile since my last change, she’ll ask if I’m ready for a change.
That's awesome

Mine happen at night, and for the most part that's a no, unless it's that mid area where I stir in the middle of a void. I do good during the days but with the OAB I can feel the rush. Don't think I have a pee face, because I've caught myself with some leaks before and no one has said anything

Reactions: nightfox320
Back