Are diapers an addiction for abdls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't consider diapers for me as an addiction, but wetting myself and wetting the bed might be.

I think there is a line between addiction and enjoying something.

If it gets to the point that you cannot control it than it becomes an addiction, but just because it makes you're happy and you do it all the time doesn't make it an addiction.

If you have control over it, it isn't an addiction, if you wear 24/7 and can take it off whenever and not wear them for a couple days, than its not an addiction.

People say I'm addicted to the internet and computers, but in reality, I can hop off it, and go out and do things, I just prefer it because it makes me happy, and its more entertaining than lets say playing soccer.

I hate when people slap the word addicted onto things I enjoy, I sometimes game 8-14 hours straight when I have nothing to do and I'm bored, however I can go out, function like a normal adult, and it doesn't effect me any more than that, infact I can go months without touching a computer, but it gets boring as I'm not the social type.

That being said, anything can be addictive, however just enjoying something and doing it often doesn't make you addicted, lets use gambling or drugs as an example, when it gets to the point that you have to do drugs just to function, or have to gamble every couple hours, and not come home for days, if it becomes obsessive and effects you than it is a addiction.

For example, I constantly have to check to see if my door is locked, you can say I'm addicted to checking to see if my door is locked, that effects me, I always have to make sure the door is locked, or I always have to know where the bathroom is, that is obsessive behavior, when it comes to diapers, it could be, you always have to have diapers around, or you need to be around shops to buy diapers, or you plan your day around diapers and avoid specific things because you need diapers etc (unless you're incontinent).

Now, with some people, it is just as an addiction as gambling, just like drugs and everything else, anything can be addictive if you have an addictive personality, I'm addicted to coffee and I literally cannot function without it.

I could not go without coffee for one day, that is when it becomes an addiction.

But the thing is, even if you're addicted to diapers, nothing wrong with that, its not that harmful, unless of course, you're sitting in the same diaper for 7 weeks, and not leaving your room, ahaha, than you could have a entire civilization grow in your diaper. jokes aside.

However that being said, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't class anything as addictive unless it effects you in some way, like I mentioned before, one example would be spending all your money on diapers etc.

I haven't had much sleep in the last three days, so if anything seems out of place that is why
I Know this topic is quite complicated to talk about and I'm no expert, but its very complicated.

I hope I make some sense.

hi eveyone.

Addictions / habits.

Setup decided the little Possible because it makes my life simpler To be me and not pretend to be somthing I'm not.
I've been picking up These addictions/ habits. Pacifier sucking and diaper wearing and diaper wearing are two of them.

I wouldn't want to go to bed without my diaper. But during the day I tried to potty train myself if i am at home. Becouse of the amount of pocket money I go through on diapers. But I am getting some washables Which said arrive soon.

I'm sure if I tried really really hard I could brack these habits, but at the moment I have no desire to. I Just love being a little boy. An approaching this big world as I really am. Not as it wants me to be.
So I suck a pacifier, I wear nappies, I play games that would be considered for children. And watch cartoons.
it macks me happy. So there!

Sorry I seem to have gone off on a bit of tantrum. I gess that's is just part of being a little boy.

Hee hee.

Sisi

DrunkBunny said:

I agree 100%.
For me though I do believe I am addicted in some way because I do have difficulties stopping from doing it. Though I have gotten loads better with it in recent years.

But ya, I play games a lot, watch anime a lot, and am on the computer a lot. Some people would say I am addicted to these things, but I believe that is the wrong word to use in those cases because it's not like I can't stop, it's more along the lines of ... why would I stop something I enjoy? But if I had to, I most certainly would be capable of doing so.

jeremyi said:
It's a paraphilia. A psychological attraction. It has the potential to develop into an addiction. Remember what people consider to be an addiction or taking too far is subjective. In my personal opinion, if diapers are impeding you at all from living a healthy, balanced life with friends, family, healthy recreation, exercise and getting all your work done, you my friend are addicted and need to tone things down a notch :biggrin:

This is how I see it.

I'm reticent to call it an addiction for me. I guess diapers FOR SOME might be categorized as an addiction. But most definitions requires "the problem" to:
1. Conflict with jobs, relationships, finances, the law, etc.; and therefore choosing the addictive item over and above self-wellbeing.
2. Bring about severe symptoms of withdrawal in the event of stopping the behavior/substance.
3. Be relied upon to mask other emotions, to avoid facing life, to escape reality, to cover up and cope.
4. Can't stop increasing "dosing" even though how it to might impact life negatively.
5. Preoccupation/obsession, secrecy and solitude. Loss of interest in other areas of life.
6. Denial that the behavior has become a problem at all.

There are many other non-alterable preferences in my life that don't rise to the level of addiction. I fee like it's tempting to call this an addiction because of its relative oddity. A mistake in my opinion.

For me, diapers do help me cope - and are a tool among other coping mechanisms. If diapers are not available, I have many other options at my disposal --- and I don't always go to diapers first to help me cope. That's probably the only one of these defining factors I identify with.

Anyways, my .02.

As a fun thing, insert "sugar" into that matrix and you'd find a winner for most of us as a true addiction.

If diapers are an addiction then Abu is my methadone!

Catheters are my parafanelia ( show me a cop who is gonna pick up a Coloplast speedi cath and test for residue,eeewww)

As they say everything in moderation is good for you,taking anything to an extreme makes it bad, I know for me generally 5 or six diapers a day is normal so if I start using 10 or 12 that probably would mean I am mainlining beverages .

Drunk bunny" if it gets to the point you can't control it "

Is that not how we got here?

I don't think wearing diapers is an addiction like smoking, drinking, or gambling where there are consequences to doing it, but it is an addiction in the sense that it is something that feels nice, so you you do it as often as you can to get that feeling. For me, I like thick cloth ones because they are warm and more comfortable than regular underwear and the absorbent part is the entire diaper, not just a strip up the middle. When you pee in one,you can feel it wicking all through the fabric, up your bum, the sides and front until the entire diaper is wet.

As a teenager, I liked to wear plastic pants because they got nice and warm and slippery. As an adult, I thought I'd try a diaper just to see what it was like and it felt so nice that I got hooked and bought several good cloth diapers and many pairs of plastic pants to wear over them. I only wear them when I am home alone (I live alone, so that's a lot of time in them).

One day, I thought I'd try peeing in one to see what it was like. I expected it to be something I wouldn't like and never try it again. However, like wearing diapers, for some reason I really enjoyed the experience and have been doing it four or five times a week. I like to sit in a wet diaper too, and these cloth diapers are great for it - I took four big pees in one one day and it still wasn't full. I've worn a wet one for as long as six hours - I usually change when it starts to irritate the skin.

I must say those commercials of two eggs in a frying pan "this is your brain on drugs would be pretty humorous with a couple of diapers laying their " new slogan " to keep your nappies happy toast them before use"

Just started. Can't wait to pee myself in my diaper for the firs time...Will it become a wet addiction??

If anything, I feel that my love for diapers only gets in the way of my life by constantly stealing my attention and focus from (typically) more important things such as my relationships & my career, and also financially. There have been times and situations where I think I may have gone too far. Too much of really anything can be… well, too much. Also, diapers & other fetish fodder are expensive.

:Cloud9:

I think they are. I know they are for me. I crave them and I get the urges and they get stronger and stronger when I don't wear them.

This is going to seem a bit hypocritical considering that I have a 5'x5' storage locker filled floor to ceiling with diapers plus cases and cases in my garage but I don't think it's an addiction. And my argument is the very fact that I have a 5'x5' storage locker full of diapers. Addicts don't typically collect the thing that they're addicted to. A coke addict doesn't stockpile kilos of cocaine and then use it slowly, that's why addicts are commonly referred to as "users". They're constantly using the product, the more they have, the more they use. Because of that, I would have to say that it's not an addiction for me.

Bokeh said:
I have a 5'x5' storage locker filled floor to ceiling with diapers plus cases and cases in my garage but I don't think it's an addiction.

Yeah, you're not addicted, you're just well-prepared! (just like me!)

Well, using diapers is not necessarily harmless. If one is in a relationship with somebody who does not care to participate then the diapers can steal attention from that person. This can cause a lot of problems. In fact, it can be a viscous circle. Say the other person dislikes diapers and would prefer that you didn't wear them. You try to reduce your usage so as not to make your partner unhappy. This makes you want them even more and will ultimately lead to resentment and anger. And then, if that were not bad enough, this situation can push everything underground so that you start sneaking around at night, or while your partner is out, in order to get your diaper fix! And you know you are an alcoholic when you start hiding bottles! Yes, it is a fine line and all about balance but finding that balance can be very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back