Are diaper behavious and needs different if you are IC versus just DL?

DLPeakOut

Lifelong DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think being IC needs practical solutions that work everyday, are managable and efficient. I suspect diapers need to be effective yet invisable and the need to change more frequently is more pronounced. Planning your day and movements and carrying spares is a big part of everyday life.
A DL can often choose to wear, and may like the bulk and high capacity bulge from wearing as long as possible. The thrill of a leak has different appeal and planning to wear is quite different even with regular use..

It depends totally on the type of incontinence and how bad it is. I am IC only and I have been wearing diapers from 1990 on. Thin diApers that need to be changed every 2 to 4 hours is all we ever had for the longest time for people with total urge incontinence that is ridiculous. I use mega max almost everyday no matter. I where loose fitting over. Sized pants and wear a stretchy belt to hold up with a untucked pollo or T shirt most days. I would rather have the extra protection I know I can count on and the luxury of less changes. I have a bag with all my stuff I carry and most the time it is just in the car in case I need to change. Normally unless I have a BM I never really have to change in public very often. To me that is far more priceless than thin. But that said I will never wear it to capacity in public. Fore one it gets to big and two I know if I do not wear it until it is full I do not have to worry about leaks... Not ever!!! That is priceless and why I pay $250 a month on diapers. Now at home I damn sure wear them until full. I sleep on a bed pad and even use a booster. High cap diapers changed my life I will never go back to cheap medical diapers.

I do not ever wear prints only solid colors of heavy duty medical brands, like NorthShore.

People that leak when they sneeze and caught they most likely would only wear thinner ones. I would of mine was mild. But that is not my hand I have to play. Also having bowel Ic you want the tallest leak guards and plastic back. I only wear plastic back that have strong tapes and landing zones. Because no landing strip or cloth with Velcro will always sag and loosen on a heavy extended wear diaper.

Reactions: CptKirk, DLPeakOut, BigAl2 and 2 others
I am incontinent so wear nappies that really protect me against leaks they are bulky and probably noticeable under my clothes but wet pants would be way more noticeable. A thick nappy and plastic pants are my usual underwear.

Reactions: BigAl2, Diaperman95 and Lethdale
Coming from a 24/7 DL without incontinence, I don't wear with the desire to leak and let it be known that I wear diapers. I've taken a lot of advice from people who deal with incontinence in order to navigate my life around wearing diapers. The biggest behavioral difference for me is that I wear diapers longer than someone with IC who isnt also a DL. I also have the privilage of holding my urine if I feel that my diaper wont be able to handle anymore, allowing me to avoid leaks and change when its more accommodating for me.

Reactions: BigAl2
I used to mostly wear for fun. But over the last year I've had to start wearing to control leaks. Definitely a change: I need a diaper bag in the car when I leave the house, with extra diapers, wipes, towels, change of pants/shirt/diaper cover, trash bags, bar soap, deodorant, cornstarch(odorless powder), and other supplies. I also have to be more aware of how full its getting and regularly go change.

Back