Appreciation

Lethdale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I just wanted to day how grateful I am for this site.
It really helps with coming to terms with the impending inevitable and the mixed emotions in one's head.
Thank you to everyone kind enough to offer advice. It really helps being able to voice thoughts outloud. 🙏

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, southeastlittle and 7 others
Yes it is a great place to come and chat.

Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, BigAl2 and 1 other person
Lethdale said:
It really helps with coming to terms with the impending inevitable and the mixed emotions in one's head.
Thank you to everyone kind enough to offer advice. It really helps being able to voice thoughts outloud. 🙏
It provides proof that there’s actually life after being incontinent, which, especially at first, is a very reassuring thing. What surprised me was how I started out primarily accessing the incontinence section and then, after a few years I found myself rummaging through several other sections of the forum while I surreptitiously became a diaper liker and then diaper lover.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, Chodis and 3 others
Zeke said:
It provides proof that there’s actually life after being incontinent, which, especially at first, is a very reassuring thing. What surprised me was how I started out primarily accessing the incontinence section and then, after a few years I found myself rummaging through several other sections of the forum while I surreptitiously became a diaper liker and then diaper lover.
Definitely life after becoming incontinent. And for me becoming DL was the way to go.

Reactions: Diprs2, BigAl2 and Zeke
I am grateful for this site too. Otherwise I would feel much more alone.

A fair number of my older family members have become incontinent and hated the idea of wearing diapers, to the point where their physical and mental health has suffered greatly. Some of that diaper shame was passed on to me and it took me a long time as a young person to accept wearing regularly. Let’s work together to get past it. There should be no shame in wearing diapers!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, fredy552, Chodis and 1 other person
Eclectic said:
I am grateful for this site too. Otherwise I would feel much more alone.

A fair number of my older family members have become incontinent and hated the idea of wearing diapers, to the point where their physical and mental health has suffered greatly. Some of that diaper shame was passed on to me and it took me a long time as a young person to accept wearing regularly. Let’s work together to get past it. There should be no shame in wearing diapers!
I agree. Many are very concerned about others finding out that they’re incontinent, but I figure own it if they discover that you’re wearing diapers. Tell them “Yes I do due to a medical condition and I’m thankful that they’re available.”, “Any questions?” in a polite tone. If you’re ashamed to be wearing this isn’t going to work well for you, or at all, so make sure you believe what you’re saying beforehand. The one experience I had where a friend saw one of my prefolds on a drying rack and I noticed that he noticed I told him that I’d been dual incontinent for the past five years (at that time) and been wearing diapers 24/7 ever since. He didn’t care much and said that he hadn’t noticed that I had been wearing anything different and the day went on as if nothing had occurred. We usually make a bigger deal of wearing diapers than those we encounter.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedPonyboy
I've always been IC. So I've never really had to adjust from non-IC to IC. To be honest I've never become an ABDL though I do have an interest. Most of this are simply being curious. As for "appreciation," the IC sub-forum is the best. They are active and I like there questions and information. I also look at the other sub-forums. Mostly for entertainment but they also ad information. Some of them are funny, weird and sometimes just "out there."
Having to wear a diaper isn't fatal. I've been a "DOKer" (diaper okay'er) for quite a while. Since I've always been diaper dependent and never had any other option, at some point you accept your diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BigAl2
Lethdale said:
"Day"? 🤦‍♂️🤓

Lethdale said:
like your fitted rubber pants. I love being warm and wet.
Lethdale said:

Reactions: Diprs2 and BigAl2
I like it here too. The members are a nice folks. And the love and support is awesome.(y)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Lethdale
i'm really glad to hear the community has been beneficial for you! it's already made me feel way better about myself to talk to other incontinent people, i was ashamed of that part of myself for years, i just didn't want to accept it and and just ignored whenever i would have accidents and find ways to blame myself, or just shrug it off. i was totally in denial and i think part of it was the societal shame. we are dealing with legitimate medical conditions and there's nothing to be ashamed of, disabled people deserve to be able to feel at peace with our bodies functioning the way they do, none of us asked for this, we simply just have to live our lives the way we are.

Zeke said:
I agree. Many are very concerned about others finding out that they’re incontinent, but I figure own it if they discover that you’re wearing diapers. Tell them “Yes I do due to a medical condition and I’m thankful that they’re available.”, “Any questions?” in a polite tone. If you’re ashamed to be wearing this isn’t going to work well for you, or at all, so make sure you believe what you’re saying beforehand. The one experience I had where a friend saw one of my prefolds on a drying rack and I noticed that he noticed I told him that I’d been dual incontinent for the past five years (at that time) and been wearing diapers 24/7 ever since. He didn’t care much and said that he hadn’t noticed that I had been wearing anything different and the day went on as if nothing had occurred. We usually make a bigger deal of wearing diapers than those we encounter.
im actually really glad you said that, that was really inspiring and made me feel a lot better about my own situation... that's really powerful, if anyone ever asks if i'm wearing, i'll simply say just that! that i'm dealing with a medical condition and that i'm thankful it's an option! that's such a great way to look at it and you're right! even though I've been dealing with being embarrassed for needing them, i am grateful they're here! thanks for your input, i think that was a really well thought out response!

Reactions: BigAl2, Diprs2 and Zeke
Lethdale said:
i like your rubber pants over pull up diaper. Made me wet the pad in my panty.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Diprs2
Back