Anyone here play any instruments/have played? If so how hard was it to learn?

Sounds like we have guitar, bass, drums, violin, and keys! Let’s go 🎸

Reactions: JustAVisitor and BBBen
I can play the butt trumpet pretty good. But that is about how my music goes.... It stinks. Lol

feetintrouble said:
I play church organ: I'm mostly self-taught, although I have attended a course on playing organ, which gave me the privilege of briefly playing one of England's finest cathedral organs. I learned piano as a child, and moved on to organ later. It's a very powerful instrument, like playing a whole orchestra, and it's easy to make it sound very loud and grand by pressing the right buttons, but playing it well is much more difficult, especially with the feet as well, which you don't learn with the piano.

I'd love to try playing other instruments, such as brass.
Good to see another church organist here ! I've been playing the organ for better than 55 years now. I had lessons for a few years when I was a kid, but a lot of what I do has been self study by listening to other ( much better ! ) organists though the years. And yes, the organ is referred to as The King of Instruments for very good reasons.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and BBBen
That is very cool you guys play the organ. I love the sounds of a big pipe organ. But I do not have a musical note in my body. I tried the Alto sax and drums in middle school but I just have no rhythm. I believe dogboy is a very accomplished Musician.

I've played piano for 11 years. I recently picked up the accordion (1.5 years) and the harp (1 year). I found that with my background in piano, the accordion was extremely easy for me to learn and I was playing similar stuff to on piano within a few weeks. The harp was much more difficult however, and I'm still not too good at it but improving. I've also dabbled in drums for the past five-ish years but am in no way great at them, I just know how to keep a good beat and add somewhat flashy fills every now and again.

Back