Anyone here living the van life who are abdl and or incontinent?

Littlebabymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
For years I have been researching this lifestyle, but I never heard of any people doing this while also abdl or ic.
What has been the most challenging aspect? How do you dispose of used diapers?
I want to try out being a nomad, but I feel like it would be very challenging.

i had a couple of months holiday in america a few years ago in a campervan and was diapered for most of it. the hardest thing is getting clean. got to find good public showers or get a really big water tank for the van. it made the longer drives really easy though.

Reactions: Littlebabymikey
Hey! I've been living in a converted van for almost 2 years. I've been using diapers since day one. It's so nice! I always have about 1 or 2 weeks worth of diapers in the van at a time. I put one on first thing in the morning while still in bed. This diaper usually lasts a couple hours since I go a lot in the morning. I then typically use one more diaper during the day. After that diaper, I usually stop wearing for the day. Disposing of the diapers is very easy. I have to stop by a trash can everyday usually. I just stop by a gas station and park at a pump. I throw away any trash from the past 24 hours and then leave. Not having to find public restrooms everyday is amazing and some public bathrooms on the road can be pretty shitty. I have a storage unit, so that is where I store extra diapers. I honestly can't think of any cons. I already have to visit a trash can everyday, so throwing away a couple diapers isn't much of a hassle. There's only pros in my opinion. I don't have to use the toilet in my van, so that space has been converted into something else. I don't have to worry about finding a dump site for my black water since I don't have any. Plus those RV toilets can smell pretty bad.

Reactions: jamiejamie and Littlebabymikey
I've got an motorhome, not done any diapered shenanigans in it yet, but the previous ones (an old ambulance :D) I've worn while doing stuff. I don't wear full time, I don't want to spoil an experience with diapers (I love diapers, but they're not suitable for everything) and I can see the keeping clean inside it a nightmare with confined space. If you use public facilities or camspsite I would guess not an issue, but boondocking/wild camping would be awkward unless your on your own. A seperated WC would be a must, I couldn't do with the VW everything in one space thing.

Black water isn't that much of a concern if you have a thetford cassette, that and the aqua kem keeps smells away :)

I did do some cycling in northumbria with goodnites which was enjoyable. I also intend to go kayaking padded, just when it gets warmer because the wind chill in derwent in december I can imagen being savage D:

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and KBoy
Iroh said:
I've got an motorhome, not done any diapered shenanigans in it yet, but the previous ones (an old ambulance :D) I've worn while doing stuff. I don't wear full time, I don't want to spoil an experience with diapers (I love diapers, but they're not suitable for everything) and I can see the keeping clean inside it a nightmare with confined space. If you use public facilities or camspsite I would guess not an issue, but boondocking/wild camping would be awkward unless your on your own. A seperated WC would be a must, I couldn't do with the VW everything in one space thing.

Black water isn't that much of a concern if you have a thetford cassette, that and the aqua kem keeps smells away :)

I did do some cycling in northumbria with goodnites which was enjoyable. I also intend to go kayaking padded, just when it gets warmer because the wind chill in derwent in december I can imagen being savage D:
I like cycling with a nice thick diaper a lot more comfortable
Throwaway2021 said:
Hey! I've been living in a converted van for almost 2 years. I've been using diapers since day one. It's so nice! I always have about 1 or 2 weeks worth of diapers in the van at a time. I put one on first thing in the morning while still in bed. This diaper usually lasts a couple hours since I go a lot in the morning. I then typically use one more diaper during the day. After that diaper, I usually stop wearing for the day. Disposing of the diapers is very easy. I have to stop by a trash can everyday usually. I just stop by a gas station and park at a pump. I throw away any trash from the past 24 hours and then leave. Not having to find public restrooms everyday is amazing and some public bathrooms on the road can be pretty shitty. I have a storage unit, so that is where I store extra diapers. I honestly can't think of any cons. I already have to visit a trash can everyday, so throwing away a couple diapers isn't much of a hassle. There's only pros in my opinion. I don't have to use the toilet in my van, so that space has been converted into something else. I don't have to worry about finding a dump site for my black water since I don't have any. Plus those RV toilets can smell pretty bad.
nice, it feels good to know that if I ever finally decide to go full time, diapers will only enhance the experience. Also do You order your diapers online? Just wondering because I only like Abdl diapers, and I would never want to buy store brands. I know that you can order from northshore and ship it to Walgreens for pickup, but I was wondering how you could get for example abu diapers delivered if you don’t have an address?

I lived in my camper for 7 month stints while working away from home. I have a 35 ft tow behind with 3 slides and 2 bedrooms.
Wearing diapers was quite easy except for clean ups from messing. You can't shower a mess in a camper shower because the shower water drains into a gray water tank.
My bathroom is really small so there's not a lot of floor space.
What worked for me? When I cleaned up from a messy diaper I would remove the dirty diaper then place it open in the dry toilet bowl, wipe myself clean putting the dirty wipes in the open diaper, then fold and roll up diaper, double bag it and toss it in the garbage can. I lived in a campground so the garbage went to a community dumpster. Took a few trial and errors to get a process down but once I got it figured out it just became routine.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBoy, TexasDiaperLover and Littlebabymikey
I have ALWAYS wanted to do the nomad thing. I have envisioned getting a Jeep and getting a 16 foot Scamp fiberglass trailer. I would get it with the bunk beds in the front and then make a crib railing in place of the top bunk and instant crib for this little one.

Storage could be an issue but if you can (and i can) put a case of diapers in a plastic storage tote and store them under the bed, table, or in your tow vehicle you could go for a bit, even if you have to order while on the road.

You just need to pack out whatever you pack in. Dumpsters and trash cans are always available…. Fast food places, gas stations, city parks, car washes, laundromats, etc.

I must say it never dawned on me that you can’t hose off a poopy butt in the shower because of the grey tank, but then again is that much worse than fluids from foods (think blood off meat) or dish water with food particles

diapernh said:
I would get it with the bunk beds in the front and then make a crib railing in place of the top bunk and instant crib for this little one.
And if anyone asks it's to keep you luggage from flying around going down the road.

tommytemper said:
And if anyone asks it's to keep you luggage from flying around going down the road.
FOR THE WIN!!!!

Not a van, but a sailboat

I lived aboard sailboats for over 13 years, it was a wonderful life full of freedom and adventure, but also many challenges 😌

All around Vancouver Island, sometimes at anchor, other times at marinas.

I got rid of diapers in dumpsters of the marinas I visited.

I still have a beautiful 33' pilothouse sailboat called Impulse, I spend time living on her still, but now have a cozy off grid cabin on a remote island to spend winters in. Be it van or boat, winters are the most challenging, moisture, keeping warm, long hours of darkness are all daily struggles.

Reactions: elaleman, KBoy and Littlebabymikey
Nowididit said:
You can't shower a mess in a camper shower because the shower water drains into a gray water tank.
That, is probally the main thing, unless you have an external water point on the RV but then your privacy goes out the window.
fleckothefennec said:
I still have a beautiful 33' pilothouse sailboat called Impulse,
Thats a really nice name for your boat, is it original or did you rename it? My vehicle names weren't as lifting: Harvey the Harmony, Lance the Ex Ambulance, Tw*T with the Leaky Roof and my most recent Get Schwifty the Swift camper :D

Reactions: fleckothefennec
Iroh said:
That, is probally the main thing, unless you have an external water point on the RV but then your privacy goes out the window.

Thats a really nice name for your boat, is it original or did you rename it? My vehicle names weren't as lifting: Harvey the Harmony, Lance the Ex Ambulance, Tw*T with the Leaky Roof and my most recent Get Schwifty the Swift camper :D
Thanks, that was it's original name 😀

My town truck is called "thunder cat"
My motorcycle is "speed racer"
My little powerboat, which is more or less my car is called "tawny vixen"
Still thinking of a name for my new island truck🤔

I get the schwifty reference, I love Rick and Morty 🤣

Reactions: Iroh and Littlebabymikey
Littlebabymikey said:
I like cycling with a nice thick diaper a lot more comfortable

nice, it feels good to know that if I ever finally decide to go full time, diapers will only enhance the experience. Also do You order your diapers online? Just wondering because I only like Abdl diapers, and I would never want to buy store brands. I know that you can order from northshore and ship it to Walgreens for pickup, but I was wondering how you could get for example abu diapers delivered if you don’t have an address?
I just ship them to Fedex office locations. I have a storage unit in Denver where I store everything.

fleckothefennec said:
Not a van, but a sailboat

I lived aboard sailboats for over 13 years, it was a wonderful life full of freedom and adventure, but also many challenges 😌

All around Vancouver Island, sometimes at anchor, other times at marinas.

I got rid of diapers in dumpsters of the marinas I visited.

I still have a beautiful 33' pilothouse sailboat called Impulse, I spend time living on her still, but now have a cozy off grid cabin on a remote island to spend winters in. Be it van or boat, winters are the most challenging, moisture, keeping warm, long hours of darkness are all daily struggles.
That sounds wonderful to me! I started living the van life, but am confined to the city for 2 more years.

From 2014 until 2020 we travel 6 - 7 month a year in our airstream. at home I prefer cloth but on the road it isdisposables. I get by with pullups during the day and diapers at night. I used plastic grocery bags to dispose of used garments. I did find in the summer when it was hot to just were hiking shorts with inner brief and didn't worry. In the evening after a shower I'd diaper up. If we were dispersec camping It was nice to sit out side. We were camped at Lake Mead campground and very hot and very few campers. I was sittigin in lawn chairin black vanity fair panties when a german camper came up and wanted to talk airstreams.LOL. I offered a tour and gave it to him whileI was wearing black brief pants which proably looked like a speedo. No diapers at the time.

Back