Anyone hate Fedex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So my wife and I ordered a case of sensi super quadro diapeys last friday from xp medical! First thing i noticed earlier in the week is the driver stopped in 3 different locations in Wyoming. Which I know is stupid because I drove across the country by myself two times and did it in 3 days! Anyway on friday when its scheduled to be delivered I get a weather exception and estimated delivery is unavailable! We were really excited and had whole special diaper day planned out! Plus 24 hours have gone by and still no update on where the package is ughhh! So I call them up and the lady says she doesn't know where the package is but its on its way. Then repeats the same information I knew from the tracking number on their website. I hate Fedex I don't how many times they have delayed my package for stupid reasons one being a light patch a fog! Does anyone else here hate Fedex?

Reactions: Ron89
It really depends on where you live for who you get and how good they are. When I lived in the heart of nowhere UPS had a local depot but FedEx had to drive down all the way from Pierre. Needless to say I liked UPS better than FedEx. I'm sure there are plenty of people who each don't like DHL or RoyalPost or USPS or... you get the idea.

Everyone hates all the delivery companies. They are all as bad, one, as the others

I have had particularly bad luck with FedEx in the past. More than once, I've had deliveries from XP Medical delivered to me by courteous neighbors I've never met from several streets over, who found an unexpected package on their doorstep… :mad:

Reactions: MrGnome
can't control the weather~~~ there is flaws sure but can't really blame them on this
also what do you get if ups and fed-ex merged?

fed-ups

All delivery companies have aspects that leave much to be desired. My biggest pet peeve with all of them is their lack of contact with the customer. I can't tell you how many times I've messaged them telling them that I won't be home or to call me when they are in my apartment lobby so I can pick the package up only to be met with, our agents don't use phones or beepers so you can't contact them. Often times with delivery companies it's be there the minute the delivery is attempted or we will haul it off to our main branch which 3 hours away from your place and in another city no less :mad:

In Canada, Purolator is probably the king of terrible delivery companies. They constantly push back delivery dates, often they don't deliver until later in the evening, if they can't fit your order in a mailbox they'll just leave with it, you can't reschedule orders through them and they don't re-attempt delivery if they miss you, which is something I've seen FedEx and DHL do on occasion.

FedEx has it's problems too, especially in my city. There's no FedEx building in my city, their headquarters is in the next city over which is quite a ways to travel. Sure there are FedEx drop-off lockers in my city, but they are at the weirdest, most out of the way locations. Ever since ABU Canada switched to FedEx, I have to time and plan out what day the delivery will be on so I can receive the package outright and not be inconvenienced by an out of the way trip to one of their drop-off lockers or worse yet, them lugging my diaps to another city.

UPS is the only delivery company I have had positive experiences with. They always deliver on time, usually in the early afternoon, you can reschedule deliveries through them, there is a UPS store at the end of my street so if they miss me it's only a five minute walk to collect my items and on a few occasions, I even had them deliver the package right to my door :)

Reactions: MrGnome
Sapphyre said:
I have had particularly bad luck with FedEx in the past. More than once, I've had deliveries from XP Medical delivered to me by courteous neighbors I've never met from several streets over, who found an unexpected package on their doorstep… :mad:
Omg I would freak out, if I had to pick up from a neighbor! My social anxiety bad as it is lol! I hope you complained and got your money back! I heard a guy on the fedex complaint forums that some moron left a package on his driveway. So when the guy backed out he ran over the package! Fedex is full of bunch of retards!

CutePrincess said:
can't control the weather~~~ there is flaws sure but can't really blame them on this
also what do you get if ups and fed-ex merged?

fed-ups
Haha yeah that's a good name "Fed-ups"! Well if it was actually the weather I would agree but Fedex is known for not delivering packages cause it rained or tiny bit of fog. I even checked the route cause I drove across the country two times so I know how long it takes. And the bozo stopped 3 times in one state Wyoming. And my biggest problem is they don't know where it is. The lady claims after 2 days he hasn't got to a hub to update the location. Two days really? It was supposed to delivered friday and as of today still no update on scheduled delivery! It's just sitting in limbo! I even told the fedex lady they need to be tracking their drivers with GPS. So they know exactly where they are. And to top all off the lady asked me what was in the box? Like really? I just told it was personal. I'm amazed these fedex reps cant call the driver directly? I used UPS many times and they don't do this. Well I wont say never! I just hate all the stress we have to go through to get some frickin diapers! If I'm rich im making my own diaper factory, so I never have deal with this haha!

i Despise FedEx but likely for much Different reasons. Damn Fed-Ex drivers think they are special and can take their 30 Min break on the fuel island.

MrGnome said:
Well if it was actually the weather I would agree but Fedex is known for not delivering packages cause it rained or tiny bit of fog. I even checked the route cause I drove across the country two times so I know how long it takes. And the bozo stopped 3 times in one state Wyoming. And my biggest problem is they don't know where it is. The lady claims after 2 days he hasn't got to a hub to update the location. Two days really? It was supposed to delivered friday and as of today still no update on scheduled delivery! It's just sitting in limbo! I even told the fedex lady they need to be tracking their drivers with GPS. So they know exactly where they are.

as a Former LineHaul Truck Driver i can actually explain this even down to the 3 stops in Wyoming. #1 in winter Wyoming shuts down roads and forces trucks to shutdown when conditions get Bad. Combining long flat Grasslands with ice, snow, and cross winds up to 80mph+ and you have a recipe for disaster, there are even times during summer where Wyoming puts weight restrictions on trucks just for wind speed alone, ive had several instances where i was trapped in Wyoming for a few days to a week because WYDOT had High Profile Vehicle restrictions. Fed-Ex trailers are normally loaded quite light most don't exceed 10,000 LBS NET cargo on a trailer configuration designed to carry a MAX NET around 40,000lbs. When trucks Run that Light even crosswinds as low as 60MPH can in fact roll a truck onto its side. it is not pretty or fun and can end up Fatal, your Package is not worth that drivers Life. if its that important to you you should have sprung for 2-day Air Shipping.

also most trucks are tracked Via the Quallcomm system in the Cab which triagulates Location based on Pinging Cell towers, there are several 100+ mile streches in the Greatplains States, Including Wyoming, that have no cell coverage.

Last edited:
Simply, yes.... I had a rather embarrassing experience because of how they handled my “little” package of Safari diapers.

I best explained it in a post some time ago.

Dear God, Did this really just happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back