Anyone get a UPS Mailbox for deliveries?

podmuse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So my roommates don’t know about my love of diapers and actual incontinence issues. I’ve been ordering and picking up at ups and fed ex locations because they are nosy and will ask what it is. I’m a terrible liar so I’d rather avoid the topic. Also my packages have been stolen before where I live 😒. I looked into a P.O. Box but I saw it wasn’t reliable for anything other than Usps packages. The UPS mailbox accepts packages from anyone. Has anyone used this service before?

I have a Canada Post Flex ship address that I use for all my diaper and most Amazon shipments its a free service and my wife does not have to deal with a large shipment of diapers.

How often are you getting shipments of diapers? If it's only monthly or less frequently, I'd suggest talking about your needs with the people at your local UPS Store. You may not need to rent a box. I've used a couple of UPS Store locations for receiving diapers. Both were happy to receive packages for me anytime, regardless of whether the package was UPS, USPS, or FedEx--for a $5 fee. This sort of thing is very much up to the franchisee, however, so make sure to ask ahead of time. If you're receiving packages fairly often, renting a box will probably be cheaper.

Reactions: WillFord384 and podmuse
I have a box I rent through PostNet International Franchise Corporation. I have everything sent there and the address is listed as a suite at the address so everybody ships there, very safe

I have used a UPS mailbox for several years and will continue for the foreseeable future.

I like it because they accept packages/letters from any carrier, the packages are stored inside out of the weather and secured. They will also sign for a package or letter if the sender needs a signature.

@Cottontail is right though. If you don't get packages often, it may not be in your interest to get a mailbox at UPS as they are a little expensive if you get very little mail.

Reactions: WillFord384 and podmuse
There are a lot of Mailbox stores. Many franchises in the US. You can rent a box there and get deliveries from FedEx UPS and USPS. You can also pick up at locker locations if you order from Amazon.

Thank you all for the advice. The reason I ask is because I usually send my packages to fed ex or ups for free pickup but the last time I did that they messed up the delivery. I got an email the package was at my set location however it was left outside in front of my apartment building… all I can say is luckily I just happened to be home alone which is rare! But this experience last month has really given me some anxiety is all. I still might consider getting a box because all my other packages non diaper related can go there too!

I have not used that service before. Although, I really enjoy visiting the UPS Store locations near my residence, I may more likely use an Amazon locker if possible to help ease logistics. Amazon is taking over... Pretty soon every item we purchase will say "Works With Amazon" and the abbreviation will be WWA. 👻

You can sign up for UPS (and FedEx) to have them hold packages for free at the nearest pickup location (UPS Store, or Walgreens for FedEx). Amazon can deliver to lockers.

I had a UPS store box a couple years ago, and they did exactly what they claimed to do, nothing better, nothing worse.

It was about 25 dollars per month. Is it worth paying 300 dollars per year to avoid a conversation about your IC issues? Also the effort of going to the UPS store and trying to smuggle the stuff into the house each time.

Fundamentally, the are factors only you can answer with your specific situation

Last edited:
Back