Anyone else notice Pink MegaMax XL's are different than other MegaMax XL's?

mdogg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So I have been reading that several people have had feature differences noted between the white Megamax and the other colors.

I ordered some samples in size XL to try the pink as the white XL ones were the usual go-to ones. I don't use often as i need only occasionally. I received a couple of pink ones and a blue one and a white one. The pink was MUCH thicker, softer, fit better and worked the best at night especially. The blue was a very close second, but...something was a little different feeling. The white one was...well.. not so on par. The landing strips were all present, the wide tapes and waistbands were present. The comfy wide leg gathers and those amazing leak guards were front and center in the pink ones and the blue ones, but very weak and half the size on the white one. Waistband was equally disappointing on the white. The boosters fit nicely in the pink/blue ones, but tried to leak when wet from crotch bulging on the white one since the guards were like half as high. Even the plastic felt cheaper on the white. Keep in mind, all of these had the features of a Megamax so it wasn't a mislabel...

Performance wise the pink and blue held up well at night even with tossing and turning. Even when pre-wetted before bed, there was no discomfort from moisture or leaks at all with the pink ones- felt dry the entire time. They survived a good evening, overnight and morning before needing a change, with capacity to spare in back. Almost neck and neck for performance and comfort between the two colors. The fit was slightly tighter on the blue one but that seemed to work itself out.

The white one wasn't going to make the night it would seem. Cut was/felt different, padding thickness was different and while they all had waistbands, it just was too risky for an overnight run. Which is a bummer because the white ones I have had in the past were just like the pink ones and ran consistently.

So has anyone noticed the differences here? @NorthShoreAdam, could this be a difference between the batches for the XL size and since the pink was fairly new to the lineup, could this be an anomaly? Please don't do a thing to the pink in terms of sizing, tapes waistbands and ESPECIOALLY those leg gathers and leak guards...wow those were perfect for a bigger individual.

Again I ordered these all in XL and I am a larger customer, but wondering if this is just the XL issue or all size issue and of things to expect? The pink I thought would be too much color wise but it is a nice subtle color and at night for an occasional OAB/wetting issue, who cares right? except the garbage man maybe...lol!

I do know that there are some differences at times. I know there was a discussion about the adhesive being too strong and tearing the landing pad a while back, and Adam specifically indicated that it had been corrected for specific colors. Black and tie dye, I think. As to how far this extends, I'm not sure.

I tend to stick with the blue myself, so haven't really compared different colors, but did notice the improvement in adhesive strength between the last pack and my current one.

I also wear XL Megamax. I had an issue with the black ones delaminating on the inside. On 75% of them they would tear on the inside at the leak guard. It was always the right side.

I haven’t had this issue with any other megamax.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Back