Anyone else here get paci withdrawals?

Pacilord123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Since I started sleeping with my paci more often I've started getting mega bad urges to suck my paci when I dont have it, anyone else experienced this before?

I'm at a house party right now and I just wished I had my paci with me, sounds strange but I kinda like that I miss it and really want it

Reactions: skunk053 and NooNoo
Yes! I recently had to replace some pacifiers from amazon because I did a bad job of modifying them . And did everything o could to save them and failed . Now I have three new pacis perfectly fine and beautiful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • Love
Reactions: littledreamers333, Sleepybrandon, magnolia and 2 others
Pacilord123 said:
Since I started sleeping with my paci more often I've started getting mega bad urges to suck my paci when I dont have it, anyone else experienced this before?

I'm at a house party right now and I just wished I had my paci with me, sounds strange but I kinda like that I miss it and really want it

Yep. I know those feels. I sleep with mine every night now and can’t sleep without it. In the day time I keep a binky in my pocket to hold/ feel and the rest I keep in a small cosmetic bag that stays in my rucksack. I’m going nowhere without my binkis.

Reactions: Pacilord123
Babygirl2493 said:
Yes! I recently had to replace some pacifiers from amazon because I did a bad job of modifying them . And did everything o could to save them and failed . Now I have three new pacis perfectly fine and beautiful
What did you you do to try to modify them that messed them up?

I have a paci but I prefer my thumb. I definitely get withdrawals if I'm out somewhere or have dirty hands and can't suck my thumb.

Reactions: NooNoo and Pacilord123
DippyDawg said:
What did you you do to try to modify them that messed them up?
I broke the handles trying to remove them for the first time I was to rough . Then I tried super glue and after that there was no altering them so eventually I attempted to decorate them but failed and had to throw them away . In pieces . But , my new ones are perfect and I can't wait to buy more colors !

Reactions: DippyDawg and NooNoo
Yes, I get pacifier withdrawals all the time. When I am at work and things get fast paced, I want to be able to pluck my pacifier in my mouth, there are also times when I am at home and want my pacifier, but I can't use it because my parents walk into my room at random times needing help with something.

Reactions: Pacilord123 and NooNoo
Id wish i could mine at work too

FootiePJ said:
Yes, I get pacifier withdrawals all the time. When I am at work and things get fast paced, I want to be able to pluck my pacifier in my mouth, there are also times when I am at home and want my pacifier, but I can't use it because my parents walk into my room at random times needing help with something.
You too! This happens to me all the time as well. You’re not alone.

Last edited:
I haven’t had withdraws. I use mine at nite to stop from grinding my teeth. I don’t need them during the day but do need them at nite. I am afraid that when I go to the hospital that there might be a problem. I wear diapers and diaper covers along with onesies which they accept but the pacifier I am not to sure of.

Yeah, I get withdraws time to time. Sometimes keep one in pocket. Even if I can't use it at the time because of work, its comforting to know i have it.

LilByte said:
Yeah, I get withdraws time to time. Sometimes keep one in pocket. Even if I can't use it at the time because of work, its comforting to know i have it.
I do this too.

I don't have withdraw, but when I start thinking About my paci or bottle, I start to suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: NooNoo, DippyDawg, Jim100 and 1 other person
Entirely to be expected. I myself have two AWESOME glow in the dark adult pacifiers and I find myself getting extremely fussy at night when they fall out of my mouth and I can't quite reach for them or have to let go of my stuffy to go find it. I also had moments where I was out in public (especially during doctor appointments) where I find it difficult to get the pacifier off my mind

I actually have been told by my sister that I'm sucking in public. I was completely unaware of it. And at times I've gone long enough without it to chew my lips to shreds.

Pacifier withdrawal here too. Not as bad as when I finally had to give up thumbsucking, at age 17 due to the damage that had caused... Of course, many years later I substituted thumb for paci. And even then the withdrawal is nowhere near as bad, and pacifier in the morning or at night alleviates the urge.

I don’t even try to sleep without mine, it’s completely pointless. Even if I’m not in the mood I’ll clip it to me; lest I stir sans and unable to sleep until I go get it :(

i don't crave it unless I'm reminded of it, so thanks a lot 😁

Reactions: Pacilord123, NooNoo and BabyDavidMessiah
If I actually took mine out, then yes. But it rarely leaves my mouth, so I don't have that issue :LOL:

Reactions: DippyDawg
Not really because I always have a pacifier on hand but I can go 8 hours with out using it but no more

Back