Anyone else had TURP or Bladder Resection Surgery?

Clyst123

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Two days without control, then was back to work, Tena Mens during the day and Moli Pullups at night.

Was nice being able to wear 24/7, currently fighting a UTI, I wonder if my girlfriend will believe I have to wear 24/7 until resolved?

Reactions: Diprs2
I’ve had the TURP, after the procedure I can’t begin to describe the pain. They send you home with a catheter, and you fill it with blood filled urine for the next 24 hours. Then that gets pulled. Even though the catheter is no longer there every time you piss it burns like hell. This goes on for a few weeks. After that I had burning at the tip of my penis for over a year every time I would urinate. It hurt so much it would make me clench making it hard to urinate. Eventually that went away.

I was having flow problems… eventually my flow increased somewhat… but considering how painful the aftermath of the procedure was, I am not sure I would do it over again. I guess it depends on how much you are having trouble. I didn’t want to take flomax or the other meds long term, so I opted for the procedure… what else can they try?

Sorry to hear about your experience, had TURP a year ago and Bladder resectiona month ago, not pleasant but one can push through

I had TURP back in June. Prior I was stuck with a catheter for 3 months while I was waiting for surgery because I couldn't pee.

TURP itself was pretty easy, I was given a spinal so I wouldn't feel anything during the procedure. They kept me for 24 hours in the hospital, then released. A nurse came by after a week to remove the catheter. There was a little bit of burning after the cath came out, and I had no control afterwards.

TeddyUrsadorable said:
I had TURP back in June. Prior I was stuck with a catheter for 3 months while I was waiting for surgery because I couldn't pee.

TURP itself was pretty easy, I was given a spinal so I wouldn't feel anything during the procedure. They kept me for 24 hours in the hospital, then released. A nurse came by after a week to remove the catheter. There was a little bit of burning after the cath came out, and I had no control afterwards.
No control, I did not realize that was a possible side effect. I am sorry that happened to you.

Maybe these descriptions are just short on details. When my dad had the procedure, he had an irrigation catheter installed which provided a constant flushing of the wound. He was not let out of the hospital until the irrigation was running clear. The catheter was removed and then he came home.

ArchtopK said:
Maybe these descriptions are just short on details. When my dad had the procedure, he had an irrigation catheter installed which provided a constant flushing of the wound. He was not let out of the hospital until the irrigation was running clear. The catheter was removed and then he came home.

Yeah.. the catheter I was sent home with was a irrigation cath as well. They flushed about 8 liters thorough until the bleeding was down to light pink. My surgery was at 10am, and I was out of the hospital the next morning.

littlemoosey said:
No control, I did not realize that was a possible side effect. I am sorry that happened to you.

There's a small chance of it happening.

Well... although a small chance when it happens to YOU, that has to suck.

It is like telling someone that "this has never happened before". It does not make the person that it happened to feel any better about it, worse possibly!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Clyst123
RTUP about 4 mont, wair diaper 24/7, have spasm every 5 min, bladder hyperactive!! Oufffff

51 years old, can it be incontinence for life????

When I pee only 100ml

Back