Any other ABs who don’t regress/ have a little side?

KaleidoscopeKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I’ve always considered myself to be AB and I’ve been drawn towards baby items for as long as I can remember. Pacifiers, footed pyjamas and onesies, bottles and skippy cups, nursery prints and of course diapers too. However, I don’t consider myself to have a ‘little’ side, I don’t age play or regress, I don’t dream of having a caregiver/ daddy or want to role play as a baby. I love watching kids TV shows, especially the ones from my childhood or reading kids picture books, but I feel like my same adult self when I do. I sleep with a plushie every night, but I still feel like my adult self when I do. I like wearing a diaper but I’ll sit and watch regular adult TV shows while I’m wearing, same for watching TV with a pacifier. I don’t go into the ‘little space’ I see others mention or have an age phase I consider my AB side to be. Engaging with my AB side by wearing a diaper or using a pacifier makes me feel comforted and relaxed and reduces my anxiety but there is no element of regression or age play as part of it. I kind of hate the idea of having a daddy or being treated as a baby! I guess I don’t consider myself to have a little ‘side’, I definitely have aspects of my personality which are childlike and certainly some of my likes and dislikes are childlike, I wear a lot of clothes with printed bunnies or rainbows or cartoon characters on for example and have printed bedding but I don’t have any clothes I wouldn’t wear as my adult self or which are part of age playing.

I’m just wondering if there are any other ABs who are the same and who I guess are drawn towards AB things like pacifiers and onesies and use them as part of their lifestyle but don’t ageplay or regress? At the moment I feel kind of fraudulent to call myself an AB as whenever I start reading threads from other ABs regression, role play and little space seems such a big part of it for everybody else. I don’t think I’m a DL as opposed to an AB as it’s not sexual/ a fetish for me and I wouldn’t say the diapers are my main focus, if I was going to a desert island and it was a choice between bringing diapers or pacifiers I would pick pacifiers every time. I feel almost like the part of me drawn towards pacifiers and diapers etc never grew up whilst the rest of my self did and now that part is just an infantile part of my usual personality rather than a separate state I can reach through regression. Does anybody else feel like this or understand where I’m coming from with regards to being AB but not being into ageplay and it not being a fetish either? I feel like the baby stuff is all just part of my adult lifestyle but I then find it hard to know where exactly I fit into the ABDL definitions and often feel kind of separate from the experiences others talk about with regards to little space, regression, or having a little side who is specifically a toddler/ pre-schooler etc as there really is no alternate little side for me.

Just interested to hear if anybody else feels similar?

Reactions: SebLittle, howiebabe and ThatGuyFromThatThread
I have never truly regressed, although, to be honest, I haven't really tried all that hard. I use bottles, diapers, clothing etc. but not games or toys meant for babies/toddlers. These just do not hold my attention.

Reactions: littledub1955 and Happy2BeInNappies2
I am the same in many ways. I very much like the comfort of a thick diaper, my onesies bring me comfort when I sleep, I have too many stuffies and one of them is my security item. I have often though that its a part of me stuck that like you said "didn't grow up".

In therapy with a very well respected ABDL focused therapist, I realized that sometimes there is something in our past that keeps pushing us back. For me it is very much about returning to an age where I felt secure, loved and before some unfortunate childhood trauma and years of emotional neglect. I am now in a very loving marriage and have no reason to need that but I have found that I still do when I need the comfort. My wife will mommy me when its what I need but I really don't regress or age play it much, its more about her just nurturing me. The closest I get to age play is when she diapers me but I don't engage in baby talk or that sort. I do have pacifiers that occasionally I will use or that help me sleep and when I am super bratty, she will get out the bottle and feed me to recenter my thinking and choices. While I find others ageplay/regression stories interesting, its just not me.

So I am stuck somewhere between not just a DL and now fully AB. I struggled for the longest time to define what that is and have just settled and happy being a little of both as I need it. Hope this helps with your quest trying to relate?

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, Diapertoddler and Cottontail
Similar to @BabyDenise I don't have time for toddler games or toys.

Most of my life outside the house is spent in an adult male mode, inside the home male and fem/sissy ABDL mind sets, are about 50 50 depending on what I am doing, (at the moment, I have a nice dress on that my wife gave me), but I do not have 'little' play times, as I understand the terminology.

I suppose that the closest I come to some form of regression, are those rare times when I relax from adult TV and enjoy a kids' show like 'Bluey' or 'Shaun the Sheep'.
For me those occasions are something like when you are in contact with your inner child, as you play with real little children.

Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
Similar to @BabyDenise I don't have time for toddler games or toys.

Most of my life outside the house is spent in an adult male mode, inside the home male and fem/sissy ABDL mind sets, are about 50 50 depending on what I am doing, (at the moment, I have a nice dress on that my wife gave me), but I do not have 'little' play times, as I understand the terminology.

I suppose that the closest I come to some form of regression, are those rare times when I relax from adult TV and enjoy a kids' show like 'Bluey' or 'Shaun the Sheep'.
For me those occasions are something like when you are in contact with your inner child, as you play with real little children.
On the Shaun the Sheep note, have you ever watched Timmy Time? Its the baby sheep from Shaun. He's annoying as hell, but its cute at times and very "little side" immersing. I was stuck watching it with my kiddo when he was really little and long before I realized I had a little side, so maybe nostalgia plays in there, but check it out!

PNW509Little said:
On the Shaun the Sheep note, have you ever watched Timmy Time? Its the baby sheep from Shaun. He's annoying as hell, but its cute at times and very "little side" immersing. I was stuck watching it with my kiddo when he was really little and long before I realized I had a little side, so maybe nostalgia plays in there, but check it out!
No, I have not heard of the 'Timmy Time' show. But thanks for the suggestion @PNW509Little I will to keep an eye out for it, if I get any tinny time to spare.
However, I do remember what they say: "Nostalgia is not what it used to be."

I am with you on this one, I love wearing my nappies, using my paci, drinking from a bottle, and I always sleep with my teddy, and I do like to dress as a 3-4 year old, but I still feel like an adult, I still do adult things, I'll be fully dressed with a nappy and a cute dress, and still play games online with my buddies, who have no idea. I can only play with toys or watch kids shows if I am with my nieces and nephews, and I will have the time of my life, that is the closest I get to "Little Space", it is more of a switch to "Kid Mode" while with actual kids

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955 and SebLittle
I feel similar to you in many ways. For me AB is a new side of me, so I'm still at the beginning of this discovery path. I'm considering to buy an onesie and maybe a footed pj now for the first time, so I'll see how that goes. But I don't really feel like baby talking or regressing in a strict sense. I feel a child inside but I don't really need to show it on the outside, if you know what I mean. Still, pacifier and baby bottle help me a lot to relax and let go a part of control that an adult wouldn't give up.
On the other hand, I'm finding mummying someone a very beautiful experience, which is also something brand new for me. I love the feeling of protection I can give the other person, and I love to get that back when we switch roles. That has been one of the very few times I was really able to let go and lose control, and it was an amazing experience.

• Love
Reactions: littlesteps, littledub1955 and PNW509Little
I also like a lot of childish things, even when unable to regress and not always involving roleplay. I don't sexualize littlespace and wouldn't date anyone doing so. I do find the thought of diapering someone or having her diaper me arousing, though, so the D.L. label can also fit. I'm not attracted to the object, such as if I just saw a diaper but I can like the thought of someone wearing it.

You’re definitely not alone.

I’ve been reflecting on my AB/DL side lately. I’m mostly DL (80/20). Always have been, and always will be.

I recently got to thinking… My favorite ABDL diaper is the ABU cloth-backed Cushie. Why? Well, because it’s the one that is most similar to a modern baby diaper. I wondered why that matters to me. After all, I — like you — do not really ever regress. Nor have I ever enjoyed trying. However, I enjoy AB diapers, and I like to wear onesies. (I like pacifiers and bottles in theory, but in practice I’ve never delighted in them as much as I thought I would.) And I have a couple of stuffed animals.

Here’s what I realized: I like baby *things.* I don’t like being a baby. Does that fit the AB label?… Who cares?! Do I know where I “fit” in the AB world?… Nope! And I’m 100% okay with that.

Years ago, I saw someone on here post a reply to a thread in which someone expressed a fear of being considered strange. I forget the exact wording, but the gist was, “You’re talking to a bunch of adults who like to put on diapers and pee in them for fun. We’re definitely not going to judge you for being weird.”

I don't actually regress either, at least in the mode that some do.

I have had the pleasure of having my wife feed me from a bottle and things like that, but I also do not fully regress to the mindset of a toddler.

However, I do love spending time in diapers, footed sleepers, overalls, or any other clothing which could be considered suitable for a baby/toddler. I also have a sissy side that likes pink clothing, dresses, girlish rompers/sunsuits, etc. Sometimes I want to wear boys' clothing, rompers, onesies, blue overalls, etc. Just depends on my mood.

I also enjoy a bit of humiliation or light bondage. I like being put into my Little Keeper Sleeper, wearing diaper and plastic pants and having to use them for their intended purpose. I like being in mittens to more simulate the abilities of a baby/toddler.

However, all of this is accomplished with my full adult mode.

I guess the bottom line is that there are so many variations of this whole thing. Just enjoy doing it the way you like.

Reactions: littledub1955 and disabledinconben
I am like 90% DL but have recently attempted to explore more of the AB side of things. I have been spending more time with a pacifier, interacting more with plushies, and took up coloring. It lasts a bit until my natural proclivities kick in and I then need to find the magic wand…

Just keep in mind that things can change over time and at the end of the day everyone’s experiences are vastly different.

Reactions: littledub1955
ABDL diapers ✅ ABDL pacifier ✅ Onsie ✅ Drawn to baby toys, furniture, clothing, and other items ✅ Kid shows, movies, toys and snacks ✅ Regression? Never! I also enjoy adult pleasures and freedoms! I don’t feel claiming to be ABDL means you have to “regress.” Simply being interested in and/or enjoying baby things covers that! Enjoy you! Call yourself whatever you want!

• Love
I crave that state of experiencing and being, rather than thinking and doing. For me that is little space but it's not got an age tied to it or anything. Children may be good at being in the moment and looking at the world with wonder but for me it is not so much a regression to childhood as trying to do what a child does without effort.

Just going potty in my pinned on cloth diapers with cute pictures of bunnies, duckies, and the like is enough for me. Once in a while sitting in my messy diapers and rubber pants after just going pooh and sucking my thumb is about as much regressing as I like.

Reactions: Straycatz
I don’t regress. Just like to feel like I’m about 6-8 years old and kept in cloth diapers, plastic pants and sissy girls clothes as humiliation.

Reactions: Straycatz
I’m not sure I genuinely regress; I think I tend to “remember” what being a child was like instead (I remember my childhood vividly, and most of it I wanted to be grown up). Like others, I like the freedoms of adulthood too much. I’m more into age play and pretending to be a child, rather than actually regressing. Sometimes I long for the innocence and curiosity of being a child, rather than an adult who has seen it all.

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I’ve always considered myself to be AB and I’ve been drawn towards baby items for as long as I can remember. Pacifiers, footed pyjamas and onesies, bottles and skippy cups, nursery prints and of course diapers too. However, I don’t consider myself to have a ‘little’ side, I don’t age play or regress, I don’t dream of having a caregiver/ daddy or want to role play as a baby. I love watching kids TV shows, especially the ones from my childhood or reading kids picture books, but I feel like my same adult self when I do. I sleep with a plushie every night, but I still feel like my adult self when I do. I like wearing a diaper but I’ll sit and watch regular adult TV shows while I’m wearing, same for watching TV with a pacifier. I don’t go into the ‘little space’ I see others mention or have an age phase I consider my AB side to be. Engaging with my AB side by wearing a diaper or using a pacifier makes me feel comforted and relaxed and reduces my anxiety but there is no element of regression or age play as part of it. I kind of hate the idea of having a daddy or being treated as a baby! I guess I don’t consider myself to have a little ‘side’, I definitely have aspects of my personality which are childlike and certainly some of my likes and dislikes are childlike, I wear a lot of clothes with printed bunnies or rainbows or cartoon characters on for example and have printed bedding but I don’t have any clothes I wouldn’t wear as my adult self or which are part of age playing.

I’m just wondering if there are any other ABs who are the same and who I guess are drawn towards AB things like pacifiers and onesies and use them as part of their lifestyle but don’t ageplay or regress? At the moment I feel kind of fraudulent to call myself an AB as whenever I start reading threads from other ABs regression, role play and little space seems such a big part of it for everybody else. I don’t think I’m a DL as opposed to an AB as it’s not sexual/ a fetish for me and I wouldn’t say the diapers are my main focus, if I was going to a desert island and it was a choice between bringing diapers or pacifiers I would pick pacifiers every time. I feel almost like the part of me drawn towards pacifiers and diapers etc never grew up whilst the rest of my self did and now that part is just an infantile part of my usual personality rather than a separate state I can reach through regression. Does anybody else feel like this or understand where I’m coming from with regards to being AB but not being into ageplay and it not being a fetish either? I feel like the baby stuff is all just part of my adult lifestyle but I then find it hard to know where exactly I fit into the ABDL definitions and often feel kind of separate from the experiences others talk about with regards to little space, regression, or having a little side who is specifically a toddler/ pre-schooler etc as there really is no alternate little side for me.

Just interested to hear if anybody else feels similar?
I think that you and I are similar in some ways because with the exception of choosing my pacifier over my diaper because I can always suck my thumb. I don't play with children's toys or talk like a baby either but I feel that my love of diapers and baby powder and plastic pants and baby bottles and pacifiers are still symptoms of regression because they all play a part in soothing me. It's whenever I'm falling asleep with a pacifier in my mouth and the smell of baby powder in the air that I really do FEEL like a baby. I have a pacifier ( or sometimes my thumb) in my mouth almost constantly throughout the day except when I'm out of my room. So even though I don't act or talk like a baby, I DO feel like a baby. So since I feel like a baby who's actually an adult I can proudly call myself an adult baby who loves his diapers and other things baby.

I most definitely have a little side, although I don't regress like some do. Adult me is right there the whole time, but little me can step just far enough away that many of my adult cares are diminished. Life seems much less serious. I'm able to focus on myself and how I feel.

Little me doesn't always come out like that just because I'm in a diaper or sucking on a pacifier, though. I often do those things while working (I work from home), and in that context my little side is more of a talisman, helping ward off anxiety. My littlest moments are when I can just crash on the couch or in bed, watch a kids' show or movie, enjoy a bottle of something warm, and not bother getting up when I need to go potty.

Last edited:
  • Love
For me, I think, first, I'm not really technically an adult baby because I don't even wear diapers.

But, say you have Classic Autism (and comorbid ADHD) like I do, which is a bit more severe than what is or what used to be called Asperger Syndrome. I am emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 year old (and maybe in some ways, mentally too). How can you regress when you have always acted like that your entire life literally? If you act like a 4 year old 99.9% of the time, is acting like a 4 year old regressing when you have always acted like that? For me, I am likely an adult only in name. I have almost no adult rights and I still live with my actual biological parents. There are a lot of adult things I cannot do, like even driving a car, because my concentration span is so bad. I am in my mid 40s chronologically and my parents still run my life. They don't have a guardianship over me, but I am subjected to the same house rules as when I was a child. But I've also lost my child rights (like I can't ride on children's rides at amusement parks, although there are a few exceptions in some amusement parks that allow adults to ride children's rides. In that same way though, the exact same ride made by the same manufacturer in another DIFFERENT park can be a no no due to the height restriction of that ride in that particular park). Losing children's rights would also include being able to ride on kiddie cars or something like Power Wheels. There are many many days where I really think that if I had been a proportionate pituitary dwarf that was 3 feet 4 inches and 40 pounds and looked like a 4 year old, for instance, instead of being nearly 6 feet tall, that part of my problems would be resolved. Finding long-alls, and even T strap shoes in my size is almost next to near impossible, unless I have it custom made by an sctual children's clothing company. But without a pattern it can be hard. I certainly wouldn't be bullied, especially by some jerks up in Oregon (who ironically are liberals....so understanding of differences and diversity.....sarcasm). And I guess there is something disconcerting about watching a nearly 6 foot tall person who acts like a 4-5 year old. But if I really was that size and looked like a 4 year old, people would understand (most dwarfs, definitely achondroplastic dwarfs do not look like children, but there are proportionate pituitary dwarfs that never even go through changes in their teens and never have a growth spurt and never grow, and physically stay children, that do look like young children). And I think society in general would understand why I act like a 4 year old if I looked like one. I suppose this can be also be extrapolated because some children face the same issues. For instance, a 1 year old that is very big, that is the size of a 3 year old, would be frowned by society if he acted like a baby, even though he is developmentally a baby and chronologically a baby. Or vice versa for a 5 year old who looks like or is the height of a 2 year old, or a 3 year old who looks like a 1 year old. This to me, sounds very unfair. Do I think my parents wouldn't yell at me if I looked like a 3 year old? Definitely, because I never got yelled at, at that age (although I have seen children as young as 16 months old yelled at by their parents). I don't even think I ever even had a tantrum when I was 3 or 4 years old. The first time I remember being that angry was at age 8 or so, around 3rd grade. I see that a lot of child development people say that toddlers have a lot of tantrums....but, not all young children do. In fact, I think I have more tantrums now than when I was a 3 year old because of how I have been treated through the years. And about being child sized, who wouldn't want to get cuddled or played with or given piggyback rides too??

I know several parents of young children that feel really sorry for me and I even know preschoolers that feel sorry for me. Even a 4 or 5 year old can, by observing my emotional / social skills and how I act, can conclude there is definitely something wrong with me (lacking understanding of and inability to decipher nonverbal facial cues that even a nonautistic 5 year old would understand) and that I do indeed act like a 4 year old because I can't help myself. I've had several parents I've known, because I used to co-host Preschooler Storytime at the library with my librarian friend, even say to me that my life would be actually a lot easier if I was actually stuck as a 4 year old physically. I'm sure if there was a way to scientifically send me back to childhood via some medical / genetic breakthrough, I'm completely positive all my friends (adults and children) would stand behind me and support me 💯% on that. Actually no, they would be backing me up 250%. Maybe even some of my bullies would back me up. I also have had people who bullied me in school who feel bad about what they did, and said so.

So, in a roundabout way, what I'm really trying to say is how can you really regress if you always act that way?? I don't think for one day of my so called adult life that I have ever acted like an adult. I certainly cannot hold down a job, and I've never gone on a vacation alone by myself. Actively setting aside your maturity is one thing. But being like a child every living minute, I don't think that's regression at all. I went to university but I felt totally lost there like I took the wrong fork in the path and ended up in a college classroom instead of the nursery school. And you know, there have been smart children who have gone to university. And just because even a smart 7 year old might be able to college level work doesn't mean he or she is on a college level emotionally and socially.... definitely not.

- longallsboy

Back