Any one else hate the way anti-diarrhea pills are packaged.

BigAl2

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I hate the blister packaging. I have a hard time getting a pill out. I looked up why they are packaged that way lately. It's out govt protecting us.

I usually use the tip of a knife to cut out the pill through the back. Too much to mess with the foil and then trying to push it through the paper.

Reactions: BigAl2
Yeah i been cutting them out too.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
OMG, it's a nightmare. used to get generic in a bottle of 100 but haven't seen them in years.
The packaging, Imodium or generic, are both silly. I cut it on 3 sides with a scissors. No other way for me to get it out (Costco generic). I often will cut out 5-6 at a time and put them in a pill box.

Another one that's a nightmare is how they pack migraine meds Generic or name-brand Imitrix. Not nearly as bad as the tiny
And, when I'm trying to get migraine meds out to treat a made migraine - that's NOT the time to test my patience. 🤬🤬🤬One of these days I'm going to cut something important off using my folding knife in a pinch in my vehicle....

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and BigAl2
BigAl1 said:
I hate the blister packaging. I have a hard time getting a pill out. I looked up why they are packaged that way lately. It's out govt protecting us.
Just like child proof bottles. If you have a hard time have a kid open them for you. Lol... I take zolfran for my gastroparesis. It is in a bubble pack but you can not punch them through as it crushes them. You have to tear the blister pack out and them lift the corner of the backing and peel it away. But they only pill it back less than a 1/16" and I have no nails and very diminished dexterity. Nothing like throwing up your guts trying to open this little packet at the same time. I carry a sharp knife for a reason. Lol

Reactions: TrashPanda01, BigAl2 and PaddedPonyboy
Gotta use them teeth! Gnar gnar

The reason... Seems silly to me. That's why the 100-table bottle isn't available anymore. I always thought it had to be "dry" or something in those blister packages.

Why did Imodium change packaging?

The changes to Imodium A-D, Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief and Be Health Loperamide HCl Capsules are intended to address the problem of loperamide abuse and misuse by limiting each carton to no more than 48 mg of loperamide and requiring unit-dose blister packaging.Sep 20, 2019

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/fda...counter-loperamide-help-curb-abuse-and-misuse

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and BigAl2
I get the 200 tablet bottle on Amazon. Just received a new one a couple of days ago.
Dependonme

Omg yes. Why must you need someone to cut open the package to get a pill you desperately need. Like we're already struggling with frustration lets just add to it. That's why i rather use pepto bismol in liquid form.

as someone with migraines i agree blister packaging sucks, it’s really great for something that i need to take when in a lot of pain and nauseous to be in difficult to open packaging… NOT! even when not having a headache it is always a pain to open them especially the version where you don’t push in but you have to peel off the paper, it never works and i have to get scissors.

I had a bought of the runs this AM. I precut the pills out of the blister packs yesterday. And put them in a med bottle. Glad i did.

Whomever dreamed up such awful packaging should be stricken with a month-long case of the squirts.

Reactions: BabyAshtonMarie81 and BigAl2
Back