Any advice for trying pacifiers

HugeBulge

He/Him
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Life long DL here.
Never thought I'd be thinking any of this, but have developed a curiosity for pacifiers. I'd like to try.
Seeing pictures of people using pacifiers, I feel a certain self-soothing effect.

I thought by default that a pacifier is too simple of a thing to discuss, but I wouldn't know 🤷‍♂️. Any tips? What should I look for? Is there such a thing as a beginner/advanced? What should a beginner seek out or avoid?

Edit: another question. Global shipping is effectively dead nowadays. Stuff takes several months to arrive. Wadya think of biggest size child pacifier?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cottontail, Kittyinpink and medfet878
I never put much thought into my first pacifier, I just purchased an inexpensive one on eBay and a mam 18-36 month one from Walmart and modified it to fit the adult one. When starting out don’t go and buy an expensive one right away just in case it’s not your thing

Reactions: medfet878 and HugeBulge
Diaperedforsuresince17 said:
I never put much thought into my first pacifier, I just purchased an inexpensive one on eBay and a mam 18-36 month one from Walmart and modified it to fit the adult one. When starting out don’t go and buy an expensive one right away just in case it’s not your thing
Thanks. About what I thought.

I added a question to the OP. Almost impossible to get anything via int'l shipping. Have you tried stock child pacifiers? I'm thinking the outside part, the flange, would be too small and uncomfortable? Right?

Reactions: medfet878
Baby pacis doesn't work properly - thin, short...

Reactions: Kittyinpink, HugeBulge, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
HugeBulge said:
Thanks. About what I thought.

I added a question to the OP. Almost impossible to get anything via int'l shipping. Have you tried stock child pacifiers? I'm thinking the outside part, the flange, would be too small and uncomfortable? Right?
Not really see attached photos .

The red pacifier is a modified mam baby pacifier that I purchased online for cheap. It's modified with an adult pacifier teet, it came premodified.

The black pacifier is a actual adult sized pacifier, you can see the size difference between the two shields.

The other pacifiers are unmodified baby pacifiers with the original baby sized teet.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1610347427.jpg
    Snapchat-1610347427.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220901_162317.jpg
    IMG_20220901_162317.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220425_030829_467.jpg
    IMG_20220425_030829_467.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 9e65e163-a449-4ac6-8b41-f33b43783b1d.jpg
    9e65e163-a449-4ac6-8b41-f33b43783b1d.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220731_174947.jpg
    IMG_20220731_174947.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220819_140041.jpg
    IMG_20220819_140041.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 9
In my experience even the biggest child pacifiers don't work and are uncomfortable, I guess this girl's mouth is too big 😂. I would look for ones made for the abdl community, several companies make them. They are also typically not extremely expensive.

Reactions: Kittyinpink, Seasonedcitizen and medfet878
BlondeBaby27 said:
In my experience even the biggest child pacifiers don't work and are uncomfortable, I guess this girl's mouth is too big 😂. I would look for ones made for the abdl community, several companies make them. They are also typically not extremely expensive.
I actually found one of my adult pacifiers on a website that sells stuff for those who are on the autistic spectrum.

Since pacifiers can be used for stimming and stress relief.

That's what I use my pacifiers for. They surely help me greatly with stress management and basic destressing.

Since I might be on the autism spectrum my self but I'm trying to get a formal diagnosis. Pacifiers are a good thing to have and use.

I started out with an authentic Nuk 5 and a Nuk 5 modified with a MAM guard. I explored after that until I found the perfect combination for me (see my post on the perfect latex pacifier). But the one thing you need to keep in mind is: don’t blow your cash. Set up a budget. Don’t spend more than $60 at a time for a pacifier or a pacifier set. Once you have the right type for you, stick with it!

Reactions: Kittyinpink
I recently bought one, by Rearz, off of Amazon. I like it quite a bit. I would say the sensation is similar to chewing on a pen in a very general way but the paci is still very much its own tactile experience. I looked around a bit and should have bought direct because now I see it's on sale :oops:.

Paci.jpgPaci+Hand.jpg

Reactions: littledreamers333
Get an adult paci with a size 6 teat. If you find an adult paci you like but the teat is larger than size 6 then get the paci and a size 6 replacement teat just in case the larger size is too big

Dragon64 said:
Get an adult paci with a size 6 teat. If you find an adult paci you like but the teat is larger than size 6 then get the paci and a size 6 replacement teat just in case the larger size is too big
Hold on. Teats are removable? Modular pacis? That's great! Everything should be modular. Are all abdl pacis modular? Does this mean that the interface is standardized, and you can pair pacis and teats to your liking?

CrazySmoker said:
Baby pacis doesn't work properly - thin, short...
Thanks for the info. Hadn't realized that.

I love pacifiers.
I started using baby ones , but they really are to small , unless you have a very small frame yourself, the best baby pacifier was the largest size MAM .
But that was nothing , compared to my first adult pacifier from NRU ..
HEAVEN! And cheap enough, I bought a whole bunch of my favourite design, and will do again .
They do wear down , as time goes by .
Don't pay lots for one , there are lots of overpriced sources on the internet. Just buy the standard pacifier from the abdl company.
😊 Enjoy !

• Love
Reactions: jozik, lilithra and HugeBulge
BlondeBaby27 said:
Shipping. Int'l shipping is completely f***ed nowadays. Vendor can ship it out same day, but it then gets marooned at various points along the way for several weeks, and even several months at a time. It's just not realistic to order internationally. Once a package arrives in Israel I have it in my hand very quickly, but arriving in Israel takes too long to draw a line between wanting and ordering something, to experiencing it. It'll arrive in the irrelevant distant future. Tough now ☹️

Kittyinpink said:
I love pacifiers.
I started using baby ones , but they really are to small , unless you have a very small frame yourself, the best baby pacifier was the largest size MAM .
But that was nothing , compared to my first adult pacifier from NRU ..
HEAVEN! And cheap enough, I bought a whole bunch of my favourite design, and will do again .
They do wear down , as time goes by .
Don't pay lots for one , there are lots of overpriced sources on the internet. Just buy the standard pacifier from the abdl company.
😊 Enjoy !
Ah, now you're getting me excited!! 😭😭

Thanks for the info and pointer. Feeling very good about this 🥲

Reactions: lilithra
HugeBulge said:
Life long DL here.
Never thought I'd be thinking any of this, but have developed a curiosity for pacifiers. I'd like to try.
Seeing pictures of people using pacifiers, I feel a certain self-soothing effect.

I thought by default that a pacifier is too simple of a thing to discuss, but I wouldn't know 🤷‍♂️. Any tips? What should I look for? Is there such a thing as a beginner/advanced? What should a beginner seek out or avoid?

Edit: another question. Global shipping is effectively dead nowadays. Stuff takes several months to arrive. Wadya think of biggest size child pacifier?
https://rearz.ca/adult-size-6-pacifier/

These are my favorite! At $4 each they're really cheap if you just wanna try them out. I live in Canada so it doesn't take long to get anything from Rearz. Personally I find size 6 the perfect adult size. I always wondered how they stay in your mouth without sucking on them until I tried one for the first time. These ones are perfectly shaped for my mouth. My tongue rests on the teat and while my jaw is in a rested position, my teeth keep the pacifier from falling out. They really help me just drift off and fall asleep, and they don't fall out during the night!

Also these basic ones can be completely disassembled for cleaning. I buy two of them and mix and match the parts to make nice color combinations! I tried the Rearz Fixx ones out of curiosity. Those are a size 10 but I find them way too big. I almost get a gag reflex just by putting one in my mouth.

• Love
Reactions: Kittyinpink and HugeBulge
LilPaddedBunny said:
https://rearz.ca/adult-size-6-pacifier/

These are my favorite! At $4 each they're really cheap if you just wanna try them out. I live in Canada so it doesn't take long to get anything from Rearz. Personally I find size 6 the perfect adult size. I always wondered how they stay in your mouth without sucking on them until I tried one for the first time. These ones are perfectly shaped for my mouth. My tongue rests on the teat and while my jaw is in a rested position, my teeth keep the pacifier from falling out. They really help me just drift off and fall asleep, and they don't fall out during the night!

Also these basic ones can be completely disassembled for cleaning. I buy two of them and mix and match the parts to make nice color combinations! I tried the Rearz Fixx ones out of curiosity. Those are a size 10 but I find them way too big. I almost get a gag reflex just by putting one in my mouth.
Thanks for the info bro.

Falling asleep with a paci! Fuck I'm so excited!!!

HugeBulge said:
Thanks for the info bro.

Falling asleep with a paci! Fuck I'm so excited!!!
Since fully embracing my AB/DL side I usually sleep in a onesie with a matching pacifier. I sleep on my side in the fetal position with my arm around my stuffed bunny and instantly drift away! It's sooo relaxing! At this point I find it hard to sleep without my paci and bunny :).

LilPaddedBunny said:
Since fully embracing my AB/DL side I usually sleep in a onesie with a matching pacifier. I sleep on my side in the fetal position with my arm around my stuffed bunny and instantly drift away! It's sooo relaxing! At this point I find it hard to sleep without my paci and bunny :).
I love that you love yourself :cool:🥰

Reactions: LilPaddedBunny
HugeBulge said:
I love that you love yourself :cool:🥰
Thank you! It took me a long time to get there. I was back and forth for years but a few years ago I started to accept my love for diapers. Since then I have discovered my little side and got into AB things as well. Now I am happy and content!

• Love
Reactions: lilithra and HugeBulge
Back