Antibiotics for a kidney infection. Nitrofurantoin 4 times a day for 14 days.

EcoIncon said:
There is some very interesting science coming out on D-Mannose and it's ability to flush E. Coli from the urinary tract. The UK NHS and US NIH are both recognizing it in scientific papers as well as it's general acceptance as a "supplement". Uquora and Azo both have isolates of this sugar. In one study I read from NIH, it was deemed as effective as some front line antibiotics for treatment of UTI.e
Study, and its Flaws
I've read the study, and in my humble opinion, it is just a different form of antibiotic process. It still doesn't address the key problem with the biological / chemical treatment of bacteria /virus'. In simple terms, bacteria/virus', being a living organism, follows the same process of error in duplication that all life has - and this error is what creates the variants = no offspring is a clone of its parent. This process creates offspring that are different than the parent. Any medical treatment is not 100% effective, so it tends to accelerate Darwin Theory - the 1% odd that survive are partially resistant to the medical treatment, and their offspring are more resistant. i.e. survival of the fittest. With enough generations, the offspring become totally resistant to the medical intervention.

Antibiotics... and their future
In the western world, medical science over prescribe antibiotics to address infections that the normal immune system can handle - like the common cold virus due to patients demanding instant fixes. Most people, with a few days of rest (off work), will recover from the common cold / flu / most virus without medical intervention. However, due to greed and capitalism, they prefer/blindly choose sucicide* instead of a few days off work.

Worldwide Behaviour
We can see that from a worldwide perspective when one analyses SarsCov2 virus, and the race for a cure / vacinne, with some idiots talking without even kindergarden knowledge of the variance of species. Even today, medial procedure is still being wrote for the treatment of the Covid19 disease, three years later, and although business would prefer us to believe that the virus is being handled / gone and media are no longer reporting on it - due to its loss of sensationalism, people are still dying from the effect and/or still trying to survive with variants called long covid and others.

What most people in the world are starting to realise is that medical science is just as ignorant as the rest of us, but due to their arrogance, won't admit it and continues to decieve us like they have done for centuries.

Conclusions
Due to the two items above, medical science is in a race it can never win - trying to develop stronger antibiotics to eliminate stronger and more resistant bacterial and virual infections. Even if we could 'beam one up' - to quote Star Trek, the pure individuality of each of our cells in our body - yes, each cell is a copy of another, but not a clone / matching copy - the uniqueness of each cell makes it near impossible to, even using the fastest computer in the world, to build a database of the variance of human cells so one could recognise an invading virus/bacterium. We may get to that level of data processing in about 100+ years, but we have to survive till then.

Immune System
Our imune system is as smart, or even smarter than the above concept as it is able to recognise our own cells and diffentiate between us and an invader. It tries to eliminate the invader by ramping up the immune response. We feel it as headache, tiredness, sweating, increased temprature and soreness in limbs. For some people, this means that they can't perform in a job - so they choose to take a magic pill to switch off their bodies defence mechanism, and a second pill to kill the infection. This means that their immune system does not learn to recognise the invader, so when the next stronger antibiotic resistant one comes, the immune system is still in a stupor and unable to handle it. i.e. the greedy capitalistic workaholic has engineered their own sucide for a few extra dollars. Coffins do not have cash machines, and a shroud does not have pockets. Also, your credit card is invalid in whatever heaven/hell you believe you are going to.

Self Engineered Suicide
Unless some thing changes, and I mean drastically, the diseases will win. Therefore, we are the prey and need to biologically adapt as fast if not faster than the infections. From a purely numbers perspective, it means only 10-30% (or less) of us will survive per generation - the same proportion of bacteria / virus' that survive from an antibiotic, and the more dependant on antibiotics we are, the less able we will be to survive when infected.

babykeiff said:
Study, and its Flaws
I've read the study, and in my humble opinion, it is just a different form of antibiotic process. It still doesn't address the key problem with the biological / chemical treatment of bacteria /virus'. In simple terms, bacteria/virus', being a living organism, follows the same process of error in duplication that all life has - and this error is what creates the variants = no offspring is a clone of its parent. This process creates offspring that are different than the parent. Any medical treatment is not 100% effective, so it tends to accelerate Darwin Theory - the 1% odd that survive are partially resistant to the medical treatment, and their offspring are more resistant. i.e. survival of the fittest. With enough generations, the offspring become totally resistant to the medical intervention.

Antibiotics... and their future
In the western world, medical science over prescribe antibiotics to address infections that the normal immune system can handle - like the common cold virus due to patients demanding instant fixes. Most people, with a few days of rest (off work), will recover from the common cold / flu / most virus without medical intervention. However, due to greed and capitalism, they prefer/blindly choose sucicide* instead of a few days off work.

Worldwide Behaviour
We can see that from a worldwide perspective when one analyses SarsCov2 virus, and the race for a cure / vacinne, with some idiots talking without even kindergarden knowledge of the variance of species. Even today, medial procedure is still being wrote for the treatment of the Covid19 disease, three years later, and although business would prefer us to believe that the virus is being handled / gone and media are no longer reporting on it - due to its loss of sensationalism, people are still dying from the effect and/or still trying to survive with variants called long covid and others.

What most people in the world are starting to realise is that medical science is just as ignorant as the rest of us, but due to their arrogance, won't admit it and continues to decieve us like they have done for centuries.

Conclusions
Due to the two items above, medical science is in a race it can never win - trying to develop stronger antibiotics to eliminate stronger and more resistant bacterial and virual infections. Even if we could 'beam one up' - to quote Star Trek, the pure individuality of each of our cells in our body - yes, each cell is a copy of another, but not a clone / matching copy - the uniqueness of each cell makes it near impossible to, even using the fastest computer in the world, to build a database of the variance of human cells so one could recognise an invading virus/bacterium. We may get to that level of data processing in about 100+ years, but we have to survive till then.

Immune System
Our imune system is as smart, or even smarter than the above concept as it is able to recognise our own cells and diffentiate between us and an invader. It tries to eliminate the invader by ramping up the immune response. We feel it as headache, tiredness, sweating, increased temprature and soreness in limbs. For some people, this means that they can't perform in a job - so they choose to take a magic pill to switch off their bodies defence mechanism, and a second pill to kill the infection. This means that their immune system does not learn to recognise the invader, so when the next stronger antibiotic resistant one comes, the immune system is still in a stupor and unable to handle it. i.e. the greedy capitalistic workaholic has engineered their own sucide for a few extra dollars. Coffins do not have cash machines, and a shroud does not have pockets. Also, your credit card is invalid in whatever heaven/hell you believe you are going to.

Self Engineered Suicide
Unless some thing changes, and I mean drastically, the diseases will win. Therefore, we are the prey and need to biologically adapt as fast if not faster than the infections. From a purely numbers perspective, it means only 10-30% (or less) of us will survive per generation - the same proportion of bacteria / virus' that survive from an antibiotic, and the more dependant on antibiotics we are, the less able we will be to survive when infected.
Yes and no. It's important however to distinguish the difference between bacteria and viruses. The biggest difference between both of them is that viruses require a living host to survive, while bacteria can live independently in any environment. However both exist everywhere on earth, and can be very harmful to human health.

It is true that not all bacteria is harmful to human health, and bacteria play a very important role in the eco system. We are exposed to bacteria all the time, and for the most part our immune systems do a pretty good job at dealing with them. However that said, sometimes we do require medical intervention, when our bodies struggle to fight back without a little help.

It is true to say that the over prescribing of antibiotics is problematic, but less so since it became apparent of the need to preserve them for serious infections only. Certainly in the UK, Dr's are much more cautious in recent years, and no longer prescribe antibiotics for common colds and flu.

There are always exceptions to the rule though, for example in those who are immunocompromised, or in instances of where a common cold or flu spreads to a chest infection, and there is a risk of pneumonia setting in.

Our immune system is an amazing defence mechanism in helping us to fight disease, but antibiotics do serve as an important additional salvo in the battle against disease.

Medicine is constantly evolving, and while i do acknowledge that resistance to antibiotics is an issue, the search for new antibiotics is constant.

I will always have trust in my Dr/Consultant in relation to my health, because they are considerably more qualified than i am in relation to making the correct decisions. It is good to be self aware, and do your own research, but also to always listen to those with a greater knowledge base than your own, before making decisions.

The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic was a deeply distressing event for everyone. The effects of which are still present today! Mistakes were made, but i'd really prefer not to dwell too much on that in this thread, because for those who lost loved ones, or experienced serious illness themselves it is a very emotive highly charged topic.

All of the public enquires now taking place around the world will eventually deliver the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun
It is problematic I spoke to soon, I've just developed my second antibiotic resistance trimethoprim has now stopped working for me and I've got another LUTI. So both cephalexin and trimethoprim have both been removed off potential use lists for me they are two fairly common antibiotics. I'm tempted to tell the doctors I no longer want antibiotic prophylaxis as I can't keep using up the list of antibiotics there's going to be none left

• Sad
Reactions: EcoIncon, AttilaThePun and ILuvDiapers
Pongoandperdi15 said:
It is problematic I spoke to soon, I've just developed my second antibiotic resistance trimethoprim has now stopped working for me and I've got another LUTI. So both cephalexin and trimethoprim have both been removed off potential use lists for me they are two fairly common antibiotics. I'm tempted to tell the doctors I no longer want antibiotic prophylaxis as I can't keep using up the list of antibiotics there's going to be none left
😔 I'm sorry to hear that, but that's really a decision only you can make, after discussing with your Dr. Hopefully progress with a vaccine will eradicate the need for antibiotics in the future, but for now i'm just happy that the medication i was prescribed is working and i'm no longer experience any pain in my kidneys.

I haven't actually finished the course of antibiotics i was prescribed, but already feel much better. :giggle:

Reactions: AttilaThePun
ILuvDiapers said:
Yes and no. It's important however to distinguish the difference between bacteria and viruses. The biggest difference between both of them is that viruses require a living host to survive, while bacteria can live independently in any environment. However both exist everywhere on earth, and can be very harmful to human health.

I agree that there is a fundemental difference between a bacterium and a virus primarily in their structure, but in relation to survival without a host, that is kind of misleading. A virus is dormant without a host as it can be classed as not being alive. All virus' will, over time, break apart without a host but some take years instead of the normal hours. A bacterium is an active chemical and biological process and therefore classed as alive, but can aslo become partially dormant - i.e. the bacteria in meat products is partially dormant when the meat is frozen, but destroyed, when the meat is cooked - i.e. temperature is increased (within a short time frame) to a certain value above ambient temperature. That means if frozen meat is placed in the middle of a desert where the air temp is above 70c (normal min cooking temp), and allowed to come up to that temp, the bacteria will become active and not die. However, if one places it in an oven where the temp of the oven is 100c+, the time invoved is usually 1-3hrs for the meat to excede the acclimatisation rate of the bacteria, the bacteria will die.

When one compares a virus to a bacterium it is similar in a way to comparing a single element to a compound, i.e. hydrogen / oxygen to the compound water. Hydrogen and/or oxygen is the elements of water i.e. H2O, but when split into elements, in mathematics, it would be one oxygen element and two hydrogen elements, but it is extremely rare to see one oxygen element on its own, as it is usualy bonded to either another oxygen element or some other element.

A virus is a simple item, usually a shell that contains genetic instructions - that requires it to invade a cell so it can overwrite the duplication factory of the cell to duplicate the virus. The duplication carries on until there is no more space in the cell to contain the copies, which bursts the cell walls and the numerous copies spill out. A bacterium is alive, in that it consumes the cell as a food source rather than overwrite the cell duplication process. Bacterium follow the same process of cells in that it divides to create copies of itself.

It is not the virus itself that causes the damage to its host, it is the process it uses that causes the damage - i.e. it destroys cells and due to the duplication, one virus destroys one cell, but its millions of offspring destroy millions of cells, and each subsequent generation multiplaction amplifies the damage exponentially.

A bacterium is a lot slower in its process of destruction - which means our immune system is a lot more capable of handling that type of invasion.

ILuvDiapers said:
It is true that not all bacteria is harmful to human health, and bacteria play a very important role in the eco system. We are exposed to bacteria all the time, and for the most part our immune systems do a pretty good job at dealing with them. However that said, sometimes we do require medical intervention, when our bodies struggle to fight back without a little help.
Yes, I fully agree - not all bacteria are bad for us, and some run a symbiotic relationship with their host. Yes, at times we do need medical intervention to assist the immune system - but the point I was making was against the medical intervention that supresses said immune system. There is also the second important concept - prevention is better than cure. I will not be arrogant to diagnose or prescribe for you, but I do suggest that you consider your own water intake and alter it as you and/or your medical team see fit.
ILuvDiapers said:
It is true to say that the over prescribing of antibiotics is problematic, but less so since it became apparent of the need to preserve them for serious infections only. Certainly in the UK, Dr's are much more cautious in recent years, and no longer prescribe antibiotics for common colds and flu.

There are always exceptions to the rule though, for example in those who are immunocompromised, or in instances of where a common cold or flu spreads to a chest infection, and there is a risk of pneumonia setting in.

Our immune system is an amazing defence mechanism in helping us to fight disease, but antibiotics do serve as an important additional salvo in the battle against disease.

Medicine is constantly evolving, and while i do acknowledge that resistance to antibiotics is an issue, the search for new antibiotics is constant.
Yes, there are always exceptions to every rule - and the idiot who prefers to use Cloraquin instead of common sense, and that is what I am trying to point out - the use of common sense plus prevention - and for a very very good reason. Yes, the immune system is a master at adaption, but it always needs help - if only for one to go to sleep for a few hours, or add water / honey / fruits to ones diet. Yes, at times when I am not well, a McD might seem like the ideal comfort food - but in reality, that is usually the worst I can do.
ILuvDiapers said:
I will always have trust in my Dr/Consultant in relation to my health, because they are considerably more qualified than i am in relation to making the correct decisions. It is good to be self aware, and do your own research, but also to always listen to those with a greater knowledge base than your own, before making decisions.
I support 100% the concept of dealing with a Dr/consultant, but I would not go as far to trusting the industry without at least some research.
ILuvDiapers said:
The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic was a deeply distressing event for everyone. The effects of which are still present today! Mistakes were made, but i'd really prefer not to dwell too much on that in this thread, because for those who lost loved ones, or experienced serious illness themselves it is a very emotive highly charged topic.
I also fully agree, and wish the world was smart enough to prevent that, but unfortunately, history proves we are not, and although that period and the aftermath we are living with today was/is tough, I suspect there is another just round the corner - and I am scared.
ILuvDiapers said:
All of the public enquires now taking place around the world will eventually deliver the truth.
That, I don't believe. You may see me as a conspirary theorist, but I do not believe the the truth will be delivered ever - as whomever is to blame - yes, some one person may be used as a scape goat - can never afford to ever offer recompense to the world. No county is financially rich enough to cover the world loss. I firmly believe, and historical data has taught me, that the public enquiry will be just as vauge and contraversial as, for example, the shooting of John F. Kennedy - loads of theory, little fact, and every piece of data being questioned and disputed for years after - with nobody paying the actual cost except the family and freinds of the victims.

I look at the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic as a wake-up call and a learning experience - for one not to blindly trust another without at least some research.

Take care, and get well, and stay safe

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
babykeiff said:
I agree that there is a fundemental difference between a bacterium and a virus primarily in their structure, but in relation to survival without a host, that is kind of misleading. A virus is dormant without a host as it can be classed as not being alive. All virus' will, over time, break apart without a host but some take years instead of the normal hours. A bacterium is an active chemical and biological process and therefore classed as alive, but can aslo become partially dormant - i.e. the bacteria in meat products is partially dormant when the meat is frozen, but destroyed, when the meat is cooked - i.e. temperature is increased (within a short time frame) to a certain value above ambient temperature. That means if frozen meat is placed in the middle of a desert where the air temp is above 70c (normal min cooking temp), and allowed to come up to that temp, the bacteria will become active and not die. However, if one places it in an oven where the temp of the oven is 100c+, the time invoved is usually 1-3hrs for the meat to excede the acclimatisation rate of the bacteria, the bacteria will die.

When one compares a virus to a bacterium it is similar in a way to comparing a single element to a compound, i.e. hydrogen / oxygen to the compound water. Hydrogen and/or oxygen is the elements of water i.e. H2O, but when split into elements, in mathematics, it would be one oxygen element and two hydrogen elements, but it is extremely rare to see one oxygen element on its own, as it is usualy bonded to either another oxygen element or some other element.

A virus is a simple item, usually a shell that contains genetic instructions - that requires it to invade a cell so it can overwrite the duplication factory of the cell to duplicate the virus. The duplication carries on until there is no more space in the cell to contain the copies, which bursts the cell walls and the numerous copies spill out. A bacterium is alive, in that it consumes the cell as a food source rather than overwrite the cell duplication process. Bacterium follow the same process of cells in that it divides to create copies of itself.

It is not the virus itself that causes the damage to its host, it is the process it uses that causes the damage - i.e. it destroys cells and due to the duplication, one virus destroys one cell, but its millions of offspring destroy millions of cells, and each subsequent generation multiplaction amplifies the damage exponentially.

A bacterium is a lot slower in its process of destruction - which means our immune system is a lot more capable of handling that type of invasion.

Yes, I fully agree - not all bacteria are bad for us, and some run a symbiotic relationship with their host. Yes, at times we do need medical intervention to assist the immune system - but the point I was making was against the medical intervention that supresses said immune system. There is also the second important concept - prevention is better than cure. I will not be arrogant to diagnose or prescribe for you, but I do suggest that you consider your own water intake and alter it as you and/or your medical team see fit.

Yes, there are always exceptions to every rule - and the idiot who prefers to use Cloraquin instead of common sense, and that is what I am trying to point out - the use of common sense plus prevention - and for a very very good reason. Yes, the immune system is a master at adaption, but it always needs help - if only for one to go to sleep for a few hours, or add water / honey / fruits to ones diet. Yes, at times when I am not well, a McD might seem like the ideal comfort food - but in reality, that is usually the worst I can do.

I support 100% the concept of dealing with a Dr/consultant, but I would not go as far to trusting the industry without at least some research.

I also fully agree, and wish the world was smart enough to prevent that, but unfortunately, history proves we are not, and although that period and the aftermath we are living with today was/is tough, I suspect there is another just round the corner - and I am scared.

That, I don't believe. You may see me as a conspirary theorist, but I do not believe the the truth will be delivered ever - as whomever is to blame - yes, some one person may be used as a scape goat - can never afford to ever offer recompense to the world. No county is financially rich enough to cover the world loss. I firmly believe, and historical data has taught me, that the public enquiry will be just as vauge and contraversial as, for example, the shooting of John F. Kennedy - loads of theory, little fact, and every piece of data being questioned and disputed for years after - with nobody paying the actual cost except the family and freinds of the victims.

I look at the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic as a wake-up call and a learning experience - for one not to blindly trust another without at least some research.

Take care, and get well, and stay safe
Thank You. (y):giggle: You too.

• Love
Reactions: babykeiff
Back