All About Cloth Diapers

Cottontail said:
@ryan8710 In general there’s nothing wrong with using disposable padding in pocket diapers. The ABU PowerUps might be a bit short and narrow though. As it is, the provided cloth pad is on the small side, being sized for the smallest users (lowest rise setting).
Ok 👌 thank you I believe I still have two bags but didn't like them because of how thick they were they are thicker then the diapers them selfs so trying to a way to use them

ryan8710 said:
Ok 👌 thank you I believe I still have two bags but didn't like them because of how thick they were they are thicker then the diapers them selfs so trying to a way to use them
I hope it works! And if you want to give that pocket diaper a proper try with reusable padding, get a size XS Rearz prefold. It'll be much thicker and much more absorbent. The provided pad is basically just a placeholder. :)

ballyhooser said:
I agree, changing times is my company of choice for my gauze prefolds. I use 3-4 baby cloth prefolds for stuffers with Good fitting plastic pants to keep the bed dry most nights.
Changing Times is my company of choice also. They are very good at including a ten layer booster with every diaper you buy free of charge and I like that because it seems like everyone else charges extra for boosters.

Angelapinks said:
Yes, Rearz used to have a three pronged silicone gripper like a Y figure that attached to the sides and front to hold it in place. I have seen a few baby diaper places sell it but not sure if this would work with bigger diapers but I don't see why not.
I used to use a pronged silicone diaper fastener to hold my diaper in place but I discovered that after doing that for a few weeks they will start tearing little holes in my diapers so I switched to using diaper pins instead. Since then, I've never had that problem so it's diaper pins for now on for me.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
boomer2480 said:
I have worn cloth diapers since 1968 and for my money I don't think you can beat BABYKINS on either products or service. All of there stuff is first class and very well designed. I use there prefold diapers and tuffy plastic pants and some of them are many months old and still doing great and for comfort and fit they can't be beat.
I like BabyKins and BabyPants cotton diapers which look very similar in quality but I can't afford them so I buy my diapers from CTDC because the quality is pretty good but I buy Puffy plastic pants from BabyKins. If I had a few hundred dollars more per month in income I would buy my diapers from BabyPants. Mostly because of the image of a baby that's on the label. I think that is so cute.

I have heard that cloth diapers aren't very absorbent and that is a concern

better said:
Not generally true, but sometimes true. There are a lot of types of cloth diapers, more than are listed in this now-old article, and absorbency varies a lot. Often you'll be choosing between absorbency and discreetness, because the absorbency of cloth diapers has a lot to do with their bulk. They don't swell as they absorb like disposables do, so to a great extent the dry volume dictates the capacity. But... Keep in mind that the economics of cloth diapers are totally different. The diapers are pretty expensive up front, but once you have them, changing them more often is probably not as big a deal as it would be if you were throwing diapers away every time. I say "probably" because I know that, for some people, being able to stay in the same diaper all day is important, for whatever reason.

I work from home, so it's easy for me to change a few times during my workday. Cloth diapers are my preference around the house. When I leave the house in diapers, I'll often opt for disposables, both because they're more discreet for a given capacity, and because it's less to carry to/from home. (And because I don't love changing in public restrooms!)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955
better said:
Nope , Terry towel nappies with the right boosters and thread weight count can last 12 hours

Reactions: littledub1955
littledub1955 said:
I like BabyKins and BabyPants cotton diapers which look very similar in quality but I can't afford them so I buy my diapers from CTDC because the quality is pretty good but I buy Puffy plastic pants from BabyKins. If I had a few hundred dollars more per month in income I would buy my diapers from BabyPants. Mostly because of the image of a baby that's on the label. I think that is so cute.
I have purchase cloth diaper from every source that you can find. I personally like the pre-folds pin-on. I do have a seamstress who makes any kind of diaper I want. But if you are wanting to order diapers, check out the Adult Cloth Diaper Co. They can make custom sizes also and extremely thick ones at a good price.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and littledub1955
NoiseyPants59 said:
I have purchase cloth diaper from every source that you can find. I personally like the pre-folds pin-on. I do have a seamstress who makes any kind of diaper I want. But if you are wanting to order diapers, check out the Adult Cloth Diaper Co. They can make custom sizes also and extremely thick ones at a good price.
I'm going to do that. Thank you.

thanks haven't been watching notifications

Back