Airing things out.

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
So for those who are full or part time IC sometimes your skin needs a break from the moisture and sweat.

Ill share what I do. If others have techniques they'd like to share please do!

So as a full time IC and a guy who sweats a fair amount due to a medical issue my skin needs some air from time to time. How I do it:
I try to watch my skin quite closely watch for redness, little bumps or signs of a diaper rash.
I get out a soaker pad (washable or disposable) and have some time maybe watching a movie or browsing the web where I can sit with no diaper on and let everything air out.
The soaker pad will catch any dribbles or pee that might come out during this time.

I combine that with good skin care. Wash up as much as possible with a wet wipe or a warm lightly soapy washcloth then rinse. I use a silicone barrier cream on hips and butt and then zinc cream everywhere else that can get heavy moisture.
Generous powder to help keep things dry as possible. Moisture, germs and chemicals in a warm dark environment don't mix well and its important to keep ones skin healthy and clean as possible.

What do you do?

Reactions: Diprs2, Jonnythepony, NannaAnnabelle and 1 other person
Unless I'm headed for the shower, after my last diaper before I get dressed I wipe real well with baby wipes and finish what I'm doing bare-butt for some time to let everything get dry and aired out.

Reactions: Diprs2
SparkyDog said:
So for those who are full or part time IC sometimes your skin needs a break from the moisture and sweat.

Ill share what I do. If others have techniques they'd like to share please do!

So as a full time IC and a guy who sweats a fair amount due to a medical issue my skin needs some air from time to time. How I do it:
I try to watch my skin quite closely watch for redness, little bumps or signs of a diaper rash.
I get out a soaker pad (washable or disposable) and have some time maybe watching a movie or browsing the web where I can sit with no diaper on and let everything air out.
The soaker pad will catch any dribbles or pee that might come out during this time.

I combine that with good skin care. Wash up as much as possible with a wet wipe or a warm lightly soapy washcloth then rinse. I use a silicone barrier cream on hips and butt and then zinc cream everywhere else that can get heavy moisture.
Generous powder to help keep things dry as possible. Moisture, germs and chemicals in a warm dark environment don't mix well and its important to keep ones skin healthy and clean as possible.

What do you do?
Much the same. About the only thing I do differently is I only use barrier cream in certain circumstances (very hot, may go awhile between changes, etc.) only because it's such a pain to apply & it's usually a bit overkill for me.

Reactions: Diprs2 and SparkyDog
NannaAnnabelle said:
Much the same. About the only thing I do differently is I only use barrier cream in certain circumstances (very hot, may go awhile between changes, etc.) only because it's such a pain to apply & it's usually a bit overkill for me.
I use a disposable globe to apply my creams some can be hard to wash off

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jonnythepony
Back