After diaper itch

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all
I have a couple of questions for you (the reader) have you ever experienced severe itch where ever the diaper was at after taking it off this has happened to me several times and I do the whole routine (lotion,creams,and powder) but I still have severe itch has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you remedy it

Littledragon87 said:
(lotion,creams,and powder)
All at the same time? If so wearing without all the extra would be my first suggestion. It may be a simple case of your skin not being able to breathe for too long.

If it's something that takes a long time to go away, say a week or longer, it could be fungal irritation so an antifungal would take care of it.

Next question I ask is how long are you in the diaper? Extended wear (more than 6 hours) with just urine can have enough ammonia in it to cause an itchy bum even with lotions or creams if you have sensitive skin. Ammonia is a fairly heavy alkaline and is caustic. In small quantities it's a fairly severe skin irritant.

If you #2 and stay in it for more than 30 minutes the bacteria starts releasing a lot of chemicals. Four types of methyl sulfides, two types of benzopyrrole volatiles and hydrogen sulfide. The hydrogen sulfide will react with the ammonia from the #1 forming ammonium sulfide that dissolves in water which creates another alkaline solution and is seriously toxic and corrosive. If you #1 after the #2 it compounds the issue.

The initial rash, bumps and itching, is the skin being irritated from the chemical concoction. Stay in it too long and you will see more than just a bumpy rash. Large red patches that become raw or may even bleed. In more severe cases you'll see very painful open sores. When it gets this bad it's basically chemical burns on the skin. Which is why diaper rash ointment is basically the same thing as burn cream.

Last edited:
Joediaper said:
All at the same time? If so wearing without all the extra would be my first suggestion. It may be a simple case of your skin not being able to breathe for too long.

If it's something that takes a long time to go away, say a week or longer, it could be fungal irritation so an antifungal would take care of it.

Next question I ask is how long are you in the diaper? Extended wear (more than 6 hours) with just urine can have enough ammonia in it to cause an itchy bum even with lotions or creams if you have sensitive skin. Ammonia is a fairly heavy alkaline and is caustic. In small quantities it's a fairly severe skin irritant.

If you #2 and stay in it for more than 30 minutes the bacteria starts releasing a lot of chemicals. Four types of methyl sulfides, two types of benzopyrrole volatiles and hydrogen sulfide. The hydrogen sulfide will react with the ammonia from the #1 forming ammonium sulfide that dissolves in water which creates another alkaline solution and is seriously toxic and corrosive. If you #1 after the #2 it compounds the issue.

The initial rash, bumps and itching, is the skin being irritated from the chemical concoction. Stay in it too long and you will see more than just a bumpy rash. Large red patches that become raw or may even bleed. In more severe cases you'll see very painful open sores. When it gets this bad it's basically chemical burns on the skin. Which is why diaper rash ointment is basically the same thing as burn cream.
Yeah I was using all that because when I was first getting serious about extended wear I tried reaching out to a youtube/insta/tiktoker named kidden (on tiktok and insta but goes by nekomomanddad on yt) because didn't know where else to reach out to and she's the one that gave me that concoction recipe to use. And what would you recommend for over night use for bedwetting

Try with nothing at first with a good quality diaper that you know will absorb more that what you wet through the night. Creams and lotions should only be used when needed because they can effect the absorbency of the diaper and some can even separate the layers of the diaper by releasing the adhesion of the glue to the materials.

Back