Advice on wetting / Diaper Training

PrincessPlaypen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
It's a little embarrassing for me to talk about, but I'm still struggling with completely relaxing and letting myself go pee in my diaper.

I've heard that most of us have to "diaper train" ourselves at one point unless incontinence is a factor, but I never hear anyone share their personal experience as far as a timeline or diaper training journey goes.

I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me because I just can't seem to let completely loose of my bladder. I will empty what I think is a full bladder into my diaper, and go to get changed in the bathroom. I sit on the toilet and immediately release so much more.

This is so frustrating. Is this natural? I'm months into wearing a few times a week. I just don't want to put stress on my body, cause a UTI, bladder strains etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and ChristianDiaperLover
Sometimes overcoming years of toilet training takes a little time. In essence it's the same concept of practicing toilet training, except in reverse. Try not to get frustrated, practice, relax, trust your diaper, and wet when you need to. Wetting your diaper will become natural, and eventually like me you will be able wet while engaged in a conversation without anyone knowing that I am in a diaper let alone wetting. I sometimes have a momentary glassy eye gaze as I wet and feel the warmth spread in my diaper, but I have never been discovered. Relax, you will be successful. It's also the same for me when I mess my diaper, but I only go potty in my diaper in private. I just relax. For this morning let's just say that I am veeerryy relaxed!😌

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen, a4aABDL, DBabygirl2 and 3 others
The most important thing is to trust your diaper and know its capacity so you can truly relax, otherwise you´re always going to be worrying about leaking and getting wet marks on your clothes. You´re going to need some time alone at home so you can test your diapers peeing in different positions and in different volumes; that way you´ll be able to keep track of your diaper´s behavior whether you wear diapers outside or at home. Also maybe try using disposable underpads so you don´t worry about peeing on your furniture.

It´s going to take some time but you´ll get there eventually! Have fun... and lots of water!

Reactions: chamberpot, Fiammaverde and Diprs2
PrincessPlaypen said:
It's a little embarrassing for me to talk about, but I'm still struggling with completely relaxing and letting myself go pee in my diaper.

I've heard that most of us have to "diaper train" ourselves at one point unless incontinence is a factor, but I never hear anyone share their personal experience as far as a timeline or diaper training journey goes.

I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me because I just can't seem to let completely loose of my bladder. I will empty what I think is a full bladder into my diaper, and go to get changed in the bathroom. I sit on the toilet and immediately release so much more.

This is so frustrating. Is this natural? I'm months into wearing a few times a week. I just don't want to put stress on my body, cause a UTI, bladder strains etc.
I believe that this is completely normal. Diaper wetting is something that your body was thoroughly trained to absolutely not do over years. It takes time a relaxation to get fully comfortable wetting your diaper.

The first time I wore a diaper (except as an infant), I was a teenager. I had to sit on the toilet, with the diaper on, to be able to wet it. The body simply protested. Later, it became relatively easy to wet when standing. Peeing while sitting was harder, and while lying down was impossible.

Actually, peeing while lying down kept being impossible for me for decades, until I found a very open-minded hypnotist. She helped me relax enough to be able to pee lying flat on my bed. Not easy at first, but over the years it gradually became easier, and now I can do it without effort in any lying position.

Please, don't feel embarrassed. For decades, I was ashamed about being an ABDL, and at one point had a major crisis about it. That is SO limiting, and can actually contribute to your difficulties.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen, AJFan2020, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Some people do struggle with this more than others, I personally never really had a problem going in a nappy but I also had been wetting my pants and bed on purpose for a while before I was able to really buy nappies.

The biggest thing is being comfortable in them, try wearing for longer periods even without using them to help your body become accustomed to how they feel.

Maybe find some time and space to wear them long enough to wet multiple times even to the point of leaking so you can gauge how much they hold better.

Use pads, furniture and locations that won't matter if you leak when you wet them so that you are not worrying about that. Relax and keep drinking plenty sonyour body is hydrated and not trying to retain fluids.

I find coffee can also be good, a couple of flat whites or cappucinos from my espresso machine and I'm peeing for England.

You could also do some affirmations daily to reaffirm to yourself it is OK to pee in a nappy to help retrain your brain.

Finally peeing smaller amounts multiple times over a longer period is quite normal and also as you wet and the nappy swells it can put pressure on the bladder making it harder to pee more hence why you need to go and let out a lot after taking it off, try changing positions or moving around a bit to help relieve that pressure.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen, Chrissie, Diprs2 and 1 other person
It took me some time to get use to going in my diaper when I started wearing again. Not sure how long you’ve been wearing and using besides the last few months. For me it took time. I don’t wear all the time and usually wear for an hour or so when I get home from work. When I first started wearing I could only wet a little bit standing up. Now after a few years I can wet easily standing up but not moving. Lately I’ve been training myself to wet laying down on my back and I’ve gotten some progress. It’s like you said it’s diaper training. You’ll get used to it soon.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen and diapeybabybrian
Belarin said:
Finally peeing smaller amounts multiple times over a longer period is quite normal and also as you wet and the nappy swells it can put pressure on the bladder making it harder to pee more hence why you need to go and let out a lot after taking it off, try changing positions or moving around a bit to help relieve that pressure.
So true! Putting too much pressure on the bladder can almost lock it up, to the point that it becomes a difficult and painful task to release the urine, diaper or not.

I made a habit of peeing in the diaper whenever I feel the slightest urge. The result has been that when my brian or subconscious (or whatever) realizes that I am diapered, I feel the urge much, much sooner and more frequently than when I am not diapered. Without a diaper, I can go half a day without peeing. When diapered, it is a chore to hold it back (which I usually try not to).

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen and Belarin
LittleTyke said:
So true! Putting too much pressure on the bladder can almost lock it up, to the point that it becomes a difficult and painful task to release the urine, diaper or not.

I made a habit of peeing in the diaper whenever I feel the slightest urge. The result has been that when my brian or subconscious (or whatever) realizes that I am diapered, I feel the urge much, much sooner and more frequently than when I am not diapered. Without a diaper, I can go half a day without peeing. When diapered, it is a chore to hold it back (which I usually try not to).
Exactly, I can go from 6 AM to 4 PM easily without going and could probably make it longer if I haven't been drinking as much but with a diaper on I am peeing more often even if just smaller amounts. Though that is probably because I just let it go when diapered but without I need to try and hold it in so my body does so without complaint.

The one that I do find problematic (slight tangent to topic but along the same lines) is with pooping. Most days I find that when I get home from work and sit/lay down, within 30 mins I will need a poop but if I decide I want to do it in a nappy (or if I've been planning to do it in a nappy and holding it in for that reason) then as soon as I have a nappy on and securely taped the need to go disappears and doesn't come back. If I already have a nappy on it's fine I can go easily but the simple act of putting one on to use when I am feeling the need to go stops it cold and keeps it away for much longer than normal.

Reactions: LittleTyke
LittleTyke said:
(...) The result has been that when my brian or subconscious (or whatever) realizes that I am diapered, (...)
"my brian"
DOH! 😖😂

• Haha
Reactions: Belarin
This is very normal. I've been working on diaper training for a long time and progress feels pretty slow. Just keep hydrated and keep wetting. Try a variety of positions. You'll get there.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen and AJFan2020
After Diaper Training for while,

Some of us enjoy the added Bonus of having actual nighttime accidents when we're not wearing diapers....

(Ya that's a real thing....)

So be careful what you wish for.

Do I regret now needing a Diaper to bed at nighttime?

Absolutely not, I love waking up wet and getting better sleep from being padded.

But there are Financial implications involved, as well as eventually informing future relationship partners.

P.S.

When you think you're getting the hang of Diaper Training, go for a Drive in a Car then try to wet yourself....

Once you've mastered Wetting while Driving, you're a Diaper Pro.

Reactions: BBBen, PrincessPlaypen, Sidewinder and 1 other person
diapeybabybrian said:
When you think you're getting the hang of Diaper Training, go for a Drive in a Car then try to wet yourself....

Once you've mastered Wetting while Driving, you're a Diaper Pro.
Wetting while driving and wetting while walking/running are the two skills that took me longer to learn.

The thing I still cannot do is wetting while aroused. There's an anatomical constraint there, since it would be like using the same pipe for two things at the same time: it's impossible for the same reason you cannot breath and drink at the same time, unless you want to get liquid into your lungs.

Reactions: Sealander, AJFan2020 and diapeybabybrian
Fiammaverde said:
Wetting while driving and wetting while walking/running are the two skills that took me longer to learn.
It's always surprised me that wetting while driving is so darn hard, because usually when my attention is occupied it's much easier to wet. Alas. It's been a while since I've even tried. I have made progress on wetting while sitting recently though, so I'm on the right track!

Fiammaverde said:
The thing I still cannot do is wetting while aroused.
It's possible, (but not really an enjoyable sensation at first.)

Nowadays, If my Bladder is full, and I'm aroused, I can wet simply by relaxing, (without manually pushing.)

....But let's say you want to Learn how to do this.

Most likely sometime in the future you're going to wake up with Morning Wood, (and a Full Bladder.)

You want to be Laying on your back with your Legs in the "Frog Leg Position",

Then, Place both your hands onto your stomach (just below your belly button.)

Focus on Relaxing relaxing your Bladder, And then push both your hands down, firmly.

This will manually empty your Bladder through your Morning Wood, and you'll probably experience an unpleasant "Burning Sensation".

You can practice wetting lying down without the need for a hypnotist. I did this by lying down in the bathtub and taking a warm bath with a full bladder but otherwise the same way that I usually bathe.

Doing this for a while allowed me to eventually do it while lying down in bed. Basically I would put a diaper on when my bladder was full, lie down on my bed with some blankets over me for warmth and some extra weight. Then I would close my eyes, pretend I am taking a bath and the rest came fairly easily with just a little practice.

If even this doesn’t work you can record the sound of the water running in your bathtub and play it back as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sealander and PrincessPlaypen
One important step for me was to learn how to manually get my bladder walls to contract.
My sistem is, when having a moderate need to pee, to first relax and then gently press on my lower abdomen with both hands.
Press for a second, then wait for a couple of seconds and then press again, and keep repeating.
After a while something inside yourself will become harder (that's your bladder walls contracting) and your need to pee will become sharper.

With practice, this will become easier and the result will be obtained through less cycles.

we all been through this. It Does take time to wet your diaper. I had a hard time at first myself. Especially when sitting. I could never do it at first. Now I can

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen
PrincessPlaypen said:

Yes. I struggle to wet if I'm not standing up. It's partly due to years of conditioning resulting from potty training. In addition to that, it's also fear based, I don't want it to leak out over the top, particularly if I'm laying down, which has happened to me.

I still have these issues, and I've been doing this for decades. In my non medically trained view, I think it's highly unlikely you will suffer any health ramifications from this.

Is there anything that you fear will happen? Whether it's a leak? Maybe the feeling? It could also be that you're fighting years of conditioning as well. This is all very normal though so don't be embarrassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessPlaypen
Belarin said:
Exactly, I can go from 6 AM to 4 PM easily without going and could probably make it longer if I haven't been drinking as much but with a diaper on I am peeing more often even if just smaller amounts. Though that is probably because I just let it go when diapered but without I need to try and hold it in so my body does so without complaint.

The one that I do find problematic (slight tangent to topic but along the same lines) is with pooping. Most days I find that when I get home from work and sit/lay down, within 30 mins I will need a poop but if I decide I want to do it in a nappy (or if I've been planning to do it in a nappy and holding it in for that reason) then as soon as I have a nappy on and securely taped the need to go disappears and doesn't come back. If I already have a nappy on it's fine I can go easily but the simple act of putting one on to use when I am feeling the need to go stops it cold and keeps it away for much longer than normal.
It took me time to relax and go in my nappy without the natural reflex to hold back. Now I just effectively leak into my nappy without really having to concentrate on wetting. I can go standing, sitting, lying down and while walking, however, I struggle when driving, as trying to wet takes some of my concentration away from driving so I usually wait until I stop at a junction or traffic lights, then let some or all of it out.
Regarding pooing, if I’m in the mood I just let go whatever I’m wearing but, only at home.

Reactions: PrincessPlaypen and diapeybabybrian
enigmatic said:
it's also fear based, I don't want it to leak out over the top, particularly if I'm laying down, which has happened to me.

I still have these issues, and I've been doing this for decades.
Sounds like your Nighttime Diapers might be taped too tightly.

Try taping a looser fit before bedtime.

As far as leaks, They happen, but in order to Conquer that fear, I sleep on a reusable Champion Underpad from NorthShore.

I also trust my Diapers, and use Boosters, so I'm not afraid of leaks anymore...unless I'm wearing at Work.

Back