Adult Diaper Fetish Can be Expensive

Sgdlboy said:
I tend to look at it in a positive way . My peers would be out drinking partying and those costs money as well , my friends who went to party and drink can easily run a couple hundreds of dollars and they do it fairly often about every alternate week. Some of my friends smoke as well so these also cost money at about also couple hundreds a month.

For me i just like wearing diapers so i would say that could be a hobby. When i was in my teens my friends would ask me to go drinking and partying but i would refuse just so to go back and get diapered up , i see it as savings compared to the amount spent at the club.

Everyone has a hobby , some collect items such as specific toys like figures items etc and those don't come cheap as well , diapers although don't come cheap but are cheaper than other hobbies.
And being a DL myself, I can relate to what you said. I have weekends when I’m home alone (in charge of the dog) since my wife travels out of state at time (2-3 days) to visit her daughter or on a girls weekend and you would think I’d want to use that time to meet up with friends for some food and drinks OR go to a gentlemen’s club (shhhhh, I know that’s not a good choice, as it can be expensive and just a tease anyways) but nooooo…. I have this DL fetish, so I’d much rather stay home and diaper myself up.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ortler, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Andy97 said:
Think about this. Someone who has a Starbucks “fetish” might spend $10 or more per day on coffee and a morning sweet. Someone who eats lunch out everyday while working spends $10+ on that. Yes, diapers are expensive, especially if 24/7, but in comparison to other daily expenses, purchased by choice, they’re not as expensive as you might think.
I like your thinking, Andy. Hard to disagree with what you said. I think just about everyone in this world has a habit OR fetish (whatever we choose to label it as) and our habit/fetish comes with an expense. Some more than others. You used the example of Starbucks, or someone who enjoys eating lunch out, but others could be smoking, drinking (alcohol), drug use, sex addiction (men who like to visit sex workers) and even healthier habits such as weekly massages or trips to the nail salon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy97, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Call it a hobby, wearing diapers! An expensive one too. I wear every night as a rule but am tempted in the afternoons to wear. On a day off I often wear one or two as well. My active fits work out at round one euro each which isn't too bad. I do like mega max though, great at night and also indestructible even when doing heavy DIY jobs. Busy laying a work floor in my loft which involves lots of bending/kneeling/crawling etc..After a day's work the active fits start to disintegrate, not a mega max.

Reactions: Ortler, Andy97, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have justified it to myself the same way, it's healthier then drinking/doing drugs. Other people eat out/get coffee every day so I'm not wasting money on that.

I guess the only thing that makes it unhealthy (besides bodily waste) is im not socializing when I'm doing it.

I guess in theory I could go out with friends while diapered but I'm not that brave.

Reactions: Sealander, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
I asked an eye doctor once to pick his favorite diaper and he doesn’t know which one …. Also north shore did me wrong once and I won’t really forgive them for that , a representative just said I don’t spend enough and that’s why they didn’t send out my sample after ordered a pack of abena m4s. Yes they are better now , but why not give samples of other brands at that time and not just promote north shore brands . Now they only sell their brands so all is well

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater
denimchicken said:
I have justified it to myself the same way, it's healthier then drinking/doing drugs. Other people eat out/get coffee every day so I'm not wasting money on that.

I guess the only thing that makes it unhealthy (besides bodily waste) is im not socializing when I'm doing it.

I guess in theory I could go out with friends while diapered but I'm not that brave.
Just to bring you some comfort; there is a large number of folks that are IC and are out and about everyday! Yes, it requires a bit of forethought, planning and practice, but we are out there everyday!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
qwertyqwerty said:
I asked an eye doctor once to pick his favorite diaper and he doesn’t know which one …. Also north shore did me wrong once and I won’t really forgive them for that , a representative just said I don’t spend enough and that’s why they didn’t send out my sample after ordered a pack of abena m4s. Yes they are better now , but why not give samples of other brands at that time and not just promote north shore brands . Now they only sell their brands so all is well
History provides strong lessens that individuals and organizations learn from and grow or not and fall behind!
I think that when it comes to the innovation driven organization which Nortshore represents one needs to be focused on the future!
I am a customer of Northshore and because I buy in volume, I get the cost reductions that supports my need.

I agree but why treat customers differently because of how much they spend… I hated when companies acted in that manner. I treat everyone with the same respect because that one guy who reviews your free product could have a million viewers and that 5$ investment could make a big difference. I’ve actually made billionaires cry before and they never saw that bird comming

• Wow
A mistake is one thing, but admitting I only spent 300$ in one year doesn’t make me want to do business with you regardless of how great your product is .

• Wow
And thankfully, corporations are moving away from the belief that Influencers are anything more than self-import individuals that gather viewers based on any number of segmented beliefs or statements.

What occurred as part of your experience is just that, your experience. What hundreds are experiencing is a clear and healthy trend. Errors and miss-statements by an employee happens all the time. Take a deep-breath and move-on.

The diapers I'm currently using cost 6,50€ per bag; their initial price was 5,90€ before the supply chain crisis. I rarely buy other domestic house brands such as Sani Sensitive and Nannys Self Care.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
denimchicken said:
Yeah I think I'm going to end up buying cloth at some point. If there's is something about diapers I really don't like, it's the expense.
I wear cloth prefold diapers, cloth inserts and plastic pants and have most of my life. I've enjoyed wearing cloth diapers since my early teens and wet my bed. I wore diapers until I was 17 for bedwetting, stopped wetting my bed but wore diapers off and on for my own personal pleasure, comfort and fun. I like wetting myself in diapers and playing with myself as well. My reason for wearing cloth diapers has nothing to do with expense, but wear them because cloth diapers are so strongly imprinted on my psyche. For the past 15 years I've been wearing cloth diapers full time. Disposable diapers are a lot more expensive than wearing cloth diapers, since cloth is reusable for at least a year or more. But keep in mind, cloth diapers do require washing and drying, folding and storing, something I actually like to do and my wife appreciates.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, denimchicken and Edgewater
To keep my DL side 's cost as low as possible I only wear cheap diapers like Tena Super Briefs and I only wear at night....

Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
I also limit myself but I buy standard incontinence dipers because they are cheaper. I have also started trying washable dipers, they are pricy to start but with an unlimited amount of uses they make up for it. But there is something nice about single use high absorbency dipers.

Reactions: Edgewater, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
LePew said:
Yup it does get expensive (…)
💸

The best things in life often come at a price. Once you discover what truly brings you happiness, there’s no turning back. For me, the comfort of wearing diapers has been a revelation, and the joy they bring is worth every penny.

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken, ElPulpo, Deleted member 56273 and 4 others
jaydavidson said:
Thanks for your reply. You are correct. I would consider myself a DL. I couldn't imagine what I'd be spending if I happen to be an "AB" and needing to purchase adult baby type clothing and toys.
Not all ABs buy toys and tons of abdl clothes and diapers. I buy only what need and wear cloth diapers when I’m at home. I’ve saved a lot of money that way. I think I’ve spent just as much money (on average) on my other kinks as I have on abdl supplies.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TeeMousy, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
jaydavidson said:
Adult Diaper Fetish Can be Expensive

Well, so can food and real estate.
I used to wear less and lower quality when I was younger and less wealthy. Nowadays, as long as there's a continuous surplus on the bank account I don't care much about some dozens of € per month anymore.

I like to compare diapers to a pet, or going to the cinema (is that still a thing? It used to be in the previous millenium, think of some sort of public streaming). Diapers have a price, but they also have a value.

By the way, I totally agree with being a pure DL focused on crinkly plain disposables. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
i guess uhh im a bit on the lucky side? not sure the price ratio between real abdl diapers and regular baby diapers but being able to fit on the baby one i guess is cheaper

Yes. I kind of want to get into cloth, although I haven't crossed that bridge yet. The buy-in looks expensive but once in, I think it would be more cost effective.

What I have done is buy a couple pairs of training pants (I have rearz ones). There are nights where I don't want to tape up because I'm concerned about my budget. The training pants were a great investment to still get that comfortable padded feeling

Adult diapers being so expensive is one reason why I wish I could just fit in baby diapers to save huge amounts of money (while also feeling 1000x cuter). I even tried losing a little extra weight (I'm down to a hair under 150lbs lean, 5'10") to get them even close to fitting, but no dice. I did find Dollar General size 7s to fit without mods, but pop when I sit down :rolleyes:

I did notice that while trying to get Pampers Swaddlers size 8 to fit they held a lot more than I thought, like 3-4 wettings at least.
If you're small enough, the right baby diapers would be a great alternative. Luvs soak up a lot too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeMousy and BobbiSueEllen
Back