Adult Cloth Diapers

Adam2173

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
So I am needing some advice on Cloth Diapers. I have never used them before and I have been considering getting some to use for when I am at home. The idea being that when I am at home I will use the Cloth diapers and the when I am at work or out and about I will use my Disposable diapers. My questions are what does it take to properly clean and maintain cloth diapers and how well do they work as an around the house diaper? Also where is a good place to get them?

Any information people can provide will be very much appreciated!

Snuggleblanks seem amazing in the UK, and dependeco is affordable in the states area! Both have great sellers as far as I know, but I only have dependecos. I know the capacity isn't great, and booster pads might be helpful. I'm not experienced, still getting into diapers myself, but hope those sellers interest you! I love that Monika will accept your fabric to make nappies out of.

Reactions: Adam2173
I use cloth diapers at home and have found several good companies over the years, but I would looking at KINS, a Canadian company that ships to the US (and I presume elsewhere too). Their website is babykins.com. I use their pull-on style diapers, but they have other styles, too. Their waterproof pants are also very good quality.

Reactions: littledub1955, Lyric and Adam2173
I use Rearz night time prefold diapers works very well cheaper in the long run easy to wash and dry

Reactions: littledub1955 and Adam2173
This is what I use at night and weekends

Attachments

• A987F14D-E8AC-4B3B-85A6-7B1AC3A0B6E8.png
    A987F14D-E8AC-4B3B-85A6-7B1AC3A0B6E8.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Adam2173
Proper cleaning and maintenence is not that hard if you have the time and space (privacy/freedom) to do it.

I can write a fuller reply when I get home if none of the other cloth users have by then, but for a starter.

It's basically as simple as loading the washer adding soap (never any conditioner) choosing the cycle and hitting start, when done you can line or tumble dry whichever you prefer though some cloth diapers say do not tumble dry.

Really for good care they should be washed no more than 3 days after use, so a 3 day cycle is probably what you're aiming for though if only using cloth part time and only wetting them, with a little prep and pre rinsing you can do it once a week and be OK.

I usually say it's best to get cloth diapers that are separate to the water proof layer (I.e. not AIO's) because its the waterproof materials that don't like hot temperatures and often shouldn't be tumble dried. More over diapers with separate waterproof pants tend to dry much faster and the pants can simply be wiped out and reused as needed.

As for the other questions they are great for arou d the house and best overnight especially for side sleepers.

As for where to get them that depends on your location, budget and type preference but I can link places later if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955
Back