Accepting diapers/incontinence using 24/7 (give up total potty training)

Paddy2020 said:
I never tell people I've soiled myself. I figure they can detect it on their own. They may think someone farted a big ole noxious fart anyway; and who owns up to that? I just politely and quietly leave and go take care of it.
I don’t voluteer the information but they have a funny look on their face and ask me I’ e I’ve messed my pants. I can”t lie. Or if I’m with people who know and they subley tell me I’m getting ripe and I might want to change my pants.

it’s an awkward conversation to say the least. Discussing the condition of my diaper.. even close friends will say dude you have huge load in your shorts or you stink u need your pants changed.

Fullpants said:
I don’t voluteer the information but they have a funny look on their face and ask me I’ e I’ve messed my pants. I can”t lie. Or if I’m with people who know and they subley tell me I’m getting ripe and I might want to change my pants.

it’s an awkward conversation to say the least. Discussing the condition of my diaper.. even close friends will say dude you have huge load in your shorts or you stink u need your pants changed.
I sympathize with you. I really do.

Fullpants said:
Thanks I’m you have similar thingsto deal with and people who don’t know Amy
Any better,

Fullpants said:
When someone says to change my pants, I only say that I wear a diaper, displaying no emotion. I then go and change my diaper, which is okay. Pooping in my pants is not acceptable; it is not okay. People should know that I am doing something appropriate, that is, pooping in my diaper. I diaper up 24/7 because I do poop in my diaper.
Fullpants said:
It’s an awkward conversation to say the least. Discussing the condition of my diaper, even close friends will say dude you have huge load in your shorts or you stink u need your pants changed.
Awkward conversations happen everywhere, not just with diapers. Even at the risk of upsetting you, your friends are crude. Because your friends believe you pooped in your pants, they think you have done something wrong. The first action is to state, I wear a diaper. Then change your diaper. If your friends are reluctant to use the word diaper, they must change their use of the language. Their perception of pooping in a diaper cannot change if they do not explicitly talk about it. I hope your relationships with your friends can eventually conform to the standards of acceptable behavior.

Reactions: sport1
there are meds over the counter that a person can use that takes the smell out of things if you can get them to work as of late here me and aides have got my #2's where they only happen when we want them to with programing them unless i get a bout with flu or on any anti b's then all heck can break out i would say we are about 80% on a good program with them and if i am out and have trouble we carry a rather large diaper bag with everything spare cloths and change pad all the goodies and they take and change when the need comes up

tomcat said:
I am wondering is it acceptable to use diapers 24/7 as have both issues with bladder dysfunction (incontinence/retention/dryness) as well as Bowel dysfunction (Sever Constipation) due to issues at L3L4L5s1 Nerve impingement to the point I require Movicol 2 times daily and laxatab (laxative)10mg 3 times a week even then I require prune juice on top.

I also find myself severely dehydrated all the time so concerned of leaks to the point my Urea (Kidney) blood levels were a bit high and the continence nurse who did my assessment last year is concerned about hydration and kidneys.

Would it be acceptable to give up my so called "potty training" and just learn to accept and release into diapers and just accept it as my sporatic issues with dryness does my head in to the point I haven't been able to accept the incontinence as well as hope the spasms just fade away (the feeling of wetting one self but their is no leakage) also how does one do so

I hope I haven't offended anyone

I have discussed this with my Physical OT as well as Continence nurse contact (continence nurse contact just tells me to accept it and/or Self Cath which I have issues with as I have ASD as well as Bipolar (seroquel sedative at night to help me sleep) and essential Tremor in hands as well as my Physical OT has advised against the self cath due to my physical issues as well as risks of UTI and scaring
I have autism +dd and after a few yrs was returned to diapers with urine and bowel problems.I agree NO cath.

I'm somewhat on the fence on this, as I'd like to retain what control I have left over my bladder.
I still take one medication (mirabegron) which helps reduce the number of accidents I have, for environmental reasons.
And I use a toilet when possible, as I still have most of my bowel control.
But at the same time, I'm in diapers 24/7 regardless, so if an accident happens I'm covered.
And if I can't make it to a toilet in time (either due to lack of warning in my nerves, or if the toilets aren't wheelchair accessible) I've learned not to beat myself up about it. I wear my diapers for a reason
On bad days when I don't have energy, I generally just use my diapers and stop trying to worry about making it in time.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: joemama and sport1
Back