ABU is *not* out of stock!

IvyDemi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
After months of waiting for ABU to finally get back in stock, I realized something today when looking at the website. Depending on your computer, the website can glitch and will *say* its out of stock when they are completely in stock.

Here's the story basically:

For months now (like, over 6 months probably), I've been checking the ABU website to try to get some more stock and kept on seeing the following:
Screenshot from 2024-04-15 21-12-51.png

I heard that there's been some supply chain issues, so I figured it wasn't too unexpected. I'd just wait it out and eventually they'd restock. After a few months of waiting, I grew a bit worried and so I setup a stock notification where they'd email me once in stock. I got an email, but when I checked, it was still out of stock, so I figured they just ran out fast. "That's okay though, atleast they're able to resupply", I thought. "I'll just have to be lucky to check at the right time." Cue a few more months of sporadically checking, and always seeing it out of stock.

So today I go to check, and it's the same circumstance as before, all out of stock. "This is getting a bit crazy," I thought. So I figured I might aswell look around and see what other people are saying. I look it up, and I can find.... 2 posts about supply issues. Weird, since they've been out of stock for *months* straight now. I read one of them and it says the normal "they'll come back eventually." Cue reading the other one and it says "I changed my browser and it now says in stock".

"Huh?" I think. "How would your browser affect that?" But I figured I might aswell look into it. I try logging into my account, and instead of the base login portal, now it redirects you to shopify.com. "Hmm, okay." I login, and see a weird new portal. In there, I see previous orders and a "Buy again" button. Since there's no "add to cart" button on the main site, I figure I might as well try this button. Click it and it redirects me to a cart with some AlphaGatorz in it. Since these are supposed to be out of stock, I think "Maybe its glitched." I go to the home page. Suddenly this is what I see

Screenshot from 2024-04-15 21-05-55.png

I do not understand *why* it would suddenly change, but now most things are in stock. So now I placed an order, and it's time to pray basically. I got an order confirmed email, so I'm assuming its a valid order.

So basically, I'm pretty sure that some sort of update to the site basically broke it for some people. So, here I am to make an announcement for any wandering people who have the same problem: ABU is (probably) not completely out of stock, the site is likely just glitched.

Also I probably should submit a bug report or something lol. Problem is I'm still not too certain about the circumstances that cause it. I know that the EU site works fine still, its just the US site that's buggy, and I have only accessed the site over.... "suspicious" IPs (Tor, Vpn, etc), since I avoid sending ABDL traffic unencrypted over my network. Likely that has something to do with it. Still not certain though.

Reactions: mistykitty and Demonbabywearspamps
Might also be an issue with the cookies that are saved on your computer. You should clear your cookies in your browser periodically.

Reactions: mistykitty and munkey
You can also use an incognito session (not to be stealthy as that wont happen) but that shouldnt keep cookies around and let the website get fresh data,

IvyDemi said:
After months of waiting for ABU to finally get back in stock, I realized something today when looking at the website. Depending on your computer, the website can glitch and will *say* its out of stock when they are completely in stock.

Here's the story basically:

For months now (like, over 6 months probably), I've been checking the ABU website to try to get some more stock and kept on seeing the following:
View attachment 134081

I heard that there's been some supply chain issues, so I figured it wasn't too unexpected. I'd just wait it out and eventually they'd restock. After a few months of waiting, I grew a bit worried and so I setup a stock notification where they'd email me once in stock. I got an email, but when I checked, it was still out of stock, so I figured they just ran out fast. "That's okay though, atleast they're able to resupply", I thought. "I'll just have to be lucky to check at the right time." Cue a few more months of sporadically checking, and always seeing it out of stock.

So today I go to check, and it's the same circumstance as before, all out of stock. "This is getting a bit crazy," I thought. So I figured I might aswell look around and see what other people are saying. I look it up, and I can find.... 2 posts about supply issues. Weird, since they've been out of stock for *months* straight now. I read one of them and it says the normal "they'll come back eventually." Cue reading the other one and it says "I changed my browser and it now says in stock".

"Huh?" I think. "How would your browser affect that?" But I figured I might aswell look into it. I try logging into my account, and instead of the base login portal, now it redirects you to shopify.com. "Hmm, okay." I login, and see a weird new portal. In there, I see previous orders and a "Buy again" button. Since there's no "add to cart" button on the main site, I figure I might as well try this button. Click it and it redirects me to a cart with some AlphaGatorz in it. Since these are supposed to be out of stock, I think "Maybe its glitched." I go to the home page. Suddenly this is what I see

View attachment 134082

I do not understand *why* it would suddenly change, but now most things are in stock. So now I placed an order, and it's time to pray basically. I got an order confirmed email, so I'm assuming its a valid order.

So basically, I'm pretty sure that some sort of update to the site basically broke it for some people. So, here I am to make an announcement for any wandering people who have the same problem: ABU is (probably) not completely out of stock, the site is likely just glitched.

Also I probably should submit a bug report or something lol. Problem is I'm still not too certain about the circumstances that cause it. I know that the EU site works fine still, its just the US site that's buggy, and I have only accessed the site over.... "suspicious" IPs (Tor, Vpn, etc), since I avoid sending ABDL traffic unencrypted over my network. Likely that has something to do with it. Still not certain though.
Are you in the uk

Hi

It's maybe your IP , if you're located in Europe , you see the ABU USA webshop with all product out of stock

Reactions: deepdriftAD, Cottontail and moorey
diaperminister said:
Hi

It's maybe your IP , if you're located in Europe , you see the ABU USA webshop with all product out of stock
I’ll check on my desk top or use another phone and check

Definitely out of stock in Abu uk site tried on three different devices and deck top
There total stock is only 35% if lucky

diaperminister said:
Hi

Just cycled through circuits for a bit until I got a US ip address and lo and behold, it worked. Thanks

Screenshot from 2024-04-16 09-23-45.png

Checked again with a non-US ip and the issue occurred again.

Screenshot from 2024-04-16 09-27-45.png

So it seems like the geolocation on the IP address is indeed the problem. If it thinks you're outside the US, it will say Out of Stock.

Even when I was in the US, it took about 20 seconds for it to realize I was there, at which point it said "Country/Region set to US". So I found this selector at the bottom. And if you change this to United States, no matter what country you are in, it will give you information for the US, including accurate stock counts.

Screenshot from 2024-04-16 09-30-09.png

So I guess when checking the website now, I just need to go to the bottom and set that to US every time I want to check.

Reactions: mistykitty and moorey
P
moorey said:
Definitely out of stock in Abu uk site tried on three different devices and deck top
There total stock is only 35% if lucky
What lines are you looking at, most things are in stock currently.

IvyDemi said:
Just cycled through circuits for a bit until I got a US ip address and lo and behold, it worked. Thanks

View attachment 134110

Checked again with a non-US ip and the issue occurred again.

View attachment 134111

So it seems like the geolocation on the IP address is indeed the problem. If it thinks you're outside the US, it will say Out of Stock.

Even when I was in the US, it took about 20 seconds for it to realize I was there, at which point it said "Country/Region set to US". So I found this selector at the bottom. And if you change this to United States, no matter what country you are in, it will give you information for the US, including accurate stock counts.

View attachment 134112

So I guess when checking the website now, I just need to go to the bottom and set that to US every time I want to check.
Yes our sites are geotagged so if you appear to be from a location not served by that store it will show everything out of stock.

ABUMichaelUK said:
P

What lines are you looking at, most things are in stock currently.
Hiya thank you for reaching out I would really like 1 x case of SDK Medium and 3 x Dark gray diaper suit active fit xs standard fit please

Back