ABU Diapers

LainIsLain said:
Are all the one tape APU diapers the same with different print?
That’s actually a good question. I haven’t the foggiest. 🤔 I want to say ‘no’, since they have at least one budget style; I assume that doesn’t quite stack up to the others in terms of thickness and absorbency. I can’t say for sure, though.

LainIsLain said:
Are all the one tape APU diapers the same with different print?
I believe that all of the plastic style ones with a landing strip are the same.

Reactions: Deleted member 51008
Shipping is ridiculous and the prices are really high for me. I did like the Littlepaws but other than that, you can get much nicer products for cheaper prices and better shipping elsewhere. Also ABU is always having shortage issues unlike all the others I have bought from.

Last edited:
Bunny hops are my favorite ABDL diaper. Cute, absorbent and hook and loop tabs. ABU shipping is also fairly reasonable.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Deleted member 51008
I order from ABUniverse Australia. We have pretty much the same product range, but some of the other economic factors may be different.

The first thing to know is that for all the different product offerings, there are only a couple of different "platforms." As far as I know, the four-tape platforms are as follows:
  • BareBum, a moderate-absorbency platform
  • PreSchool, a moderate-absorbency platform
  • Space, a high-absorbency platform on which Space, LittlePawz and Simple diapers are based
  • PeekABU, the maximum-absorbency platform on which PeekABU and Simple Ultra diapers are based
I don't know anything about the two-tape diapers, DinoRawrZ, or BunnyHopps, unfortunately, because I simply haven't had the money to spare to try them out. Of the four-tape diaper platforms, my favourite is Space; I usually order Simple diapers. They fit me the most comfortably, have the best rise, and have good refastenability. When I tried the PeekABU platform, it wasn't as good as I had hoped.

I haven't tried their scented diapers.

Shipping was reasonable — it's what I'd expect from Amazon for general consumer products. This could obviously be a local anomaly; I live in Australia, where we are used to paying through the nose and getting screwed, so my concept of 'reasonable' might be a higher proportion of the cost than yours. Also, Strom Holdings t/a ABUniverse is headquartered in Australia, so it makes sense that shipping would be better here.

I found that both the absorbency and fit were very good for preventing leaks.

Reactions: LainIsLain and Kittyinpink
Thank you for such an informative statement. Sorry if my wording is rubbish! I am constantly looking out for new diapers and love anyone's input.

I recently received a case of their SDKs. They now make them a lot thinner than in years past, and they are of a darker color. I wouldn't rate them as high as I once did, and I actually consider Bambino's Bellissimos to be a better product.

Honeywell6180 said:
I recently received a case of their SDKs. They now make them a lot thinner than in years past, and they are of a darker color. I wouldn't rate them as high as I once did, and I actually consider Bambino's Bellissimos to be a better product.

Bummer :( SDKs have always been my favourite. It sounds like they suck now. (But hey it's not like you can get them in the EU these days anyway, they have been out of stock for months).

I believe that SDKs are a different shell to PeekAbus, and the other premium ones (e.g LittlePaws) are also a different shell. They are all similar though.

In general ABU products are very high quality. The scented strips are GREAT if you like the smell of baby powder. If you're purely into diapers for function rather than 'babyish' stuff, don't bother with them.

IMO Peekabu are the best. Very comfortable and very absorbent (if you're into that). They also start pretty thin so are great to sleep in and pretty discreet (until you wet them and they get big!)

DloverUK said:
Bummer :( SDKs have always been my favourite. It sounds like they suck now. (But hey it's not like you can get them in the EU these days anyway, they have been out of stock for months).

I believe that SDKs are a different shell to PeekAbus, and the other premium ones (e.g LittlePaws) are also a different shell. They are all similar though.

In general ABU products are very high quality. The scented strips are GREAT if you like the smell of baby powder. If you're purely into diapers for function rather than 'babyish' stuff, don't bother with them.

IMO Peekabu are the best. Very comfortable and very absorbent (if you're into that). They also start pretty thin so are great to sleep in and pretty discreet (until you wet them and they get big!)
As pointed out - absorbancy IS a main concern (mostly due to actual NEED - life-long IC!) - rest is secondary, though I can see likely will eventually end up with a few types from different sources depending on the exact situational - but not super concerned about much other than functionality.
Although at least at home, there is a place for ones that will leak sooner (a lot to go in to there) - but mostly want them to hold well.
For the most part - MAIN point is for when out most of the day, or end up in hospital, ex. - but also (know it's going to be back faster than it seems) when it's pretty hot and humid out.
Use mainly cloth diapers now (called "night-time, but use them ALL the time, and IS needed a LOT!) - but if it's too hot/humid (most of the summer) I end up using disposables just because with the cloth and plastic pants, I sweat a lot other wise!
At one point I was getting them through Medicaid - then they would not pay for enough to last till I could get more - then no high-quality ones, leading to screw it - can't really afford it, but pay it myself any way, leading to eventually switch to cloth. BUT that does NOT easily work in all situations.
And with NOT buying disposables all the time any more, figuring we can get MUCH better ones when we do.
And if you look at the prfile - you see IC, but also AB. So, all the other stuff, while not as important, IS still in the equation, depending on where, when, and why being used.

I've always liked ABU Super Dry Kids purely for the nostalgia. They're basically a replica of late 90's Pampers Baby Dry which I would buy in my early teens and wear secretly at night. Haven't bought any in a while but I've saved one.
I recently bought a pack of ABU Simple Ultra's which are great. Thinner than most ABU nappies but just as absorbant. Great for everyday use 👍🏻

Reactions: jamiejamie
nwm said:
As pointed out - absorbancy IS a main concern (mostly due to actual NEED - life-long IC!) - rest is secondary, though I can see likely will eventually end up with a few types from different sources depending on the exact situational - but not super concerned about much other than functionality.
Although at least at home, there is a place for ones that will leak sooner (a lot to go in to there) - but mostly want them to hold well.
For the most part - MAIN point is for when out most of the day, or end up in hospital, ex. - but also (know it's going to be back faster than it seems) when it's pretty hot and humid out.
Use mainly cloth diapers now (called "night-time, but use them ALL the time, and IS needed a LOT!) - but if it's too hot/humid (most of the summer) I end up using disposables just because with the cloth and plastic pants, I sweat a lot other wise!
At one point I was getting them through Medicaid - then they would not pay for enough to last till I could get more - then no high-quality ones, leading to screw it - can't really afford it, but pay it myself any way, leading to eventually switch to cloth. BUT that does NOT easily work in all situations.
And with NOT buying disposables all the time any more, figuring we can get MUCH better ones when we do.
And if you look at the prfile - you see IC, but also AB. So, all the other stuff, while not as important, IS still in the equation, depending on where, when, and why being used.
Just go for PeekABUs or ABU Simples then.

I’m going to be getting a lot of ABU diapers soon. Normally I wear betterdry, but my problems with wicking never seeing to work properly and the tapes stretching after while making the diaper loose has made me look at Abu for diapers. I am getting a mixed case with the 40 simples, 20 kiddos, 10 cloth backed preschools, and 10 SDK. I don’t know what to expect really but I have heard a lot of good things about abu and have tried the little pawz and liked them a lot, that I’m hoping they work out better than the betterdry I am used to wearing.

ThePhotographer said:
I’m going to be getting a lot of ABU diapers soon. Normally I wear betterdry, but my problems with wicking never seeing to work properly and the tapes stretching after while making the diaper loose has made me look at Abu for diapers. I am getting a mixed case with the 40 simples, 20 kiddos, 10 cloth backed preschools, and 10 SDK. I don’t know what to expect really but I have heard a lot of good things about abu and have tried the little pawz and liked them a lot, that I’m hoping they work out better than the betterdry I am used to wearing.
All great choices you should be fine.

Reactions: ThePhotographer
nwm said:
In a few days MIGHT be ordering some samples from ABU - few questions.
Anyone have a preference what one (Why)?
What about their "scented" diapers, how is that?
And shipping - is it high, or what?

Been using mainly cloth diapers, but sometimes disposables are a better choice - likely end up with a few types around, just don't want to order a lot until we are sure it's something that will do - MOST important thing is that they are absorbent enough they will not leak on me. And with using Cloth diapers most of the time - can get better, more expensive disposable diapers.
I really don't care about design on them in relationship to where and when used, have had various ones in all situations anyway - but mostly the disposables would be used while out most of the day, IF I end up in hospital, ex. BUT once it starts getting HOT again, yes at home to.
The ones I ordered a few years back felt stiff in the plastic...I think they were the "Paws" or am I horribly wrong? Forgive me if so. They were green on the sides with some geometrical print, like checkered? Whatever. But I ordered them, and many kinds. They felt stiff. My roommate said, "So-So." I guess it depends on the body configuration and your skin strength as well as preference. I personally go to "Crinklz" because they are so soft, but they do not have the "Landing-zone." But if you know your body, it's not a problem, and they come with the second chance tapes. I guess stronger plastics for more romping around? Then so be it. Bambinos has the same strength, as well as Tykables, etc.

Just ordered some kiddo and their dino themed diaper, the mediums are now sized on the small side than used to and absorbency with the kiddos is maybe 2 average wetting. I'm kinda underwhelmed, they're thinner/low rise and not nearly as absorbent as previous years. I can where both under pants easily. Haven't bought for a number of years. Wish they'd get away from the fluid ratings, they've become very misleading to compete with competition. Other than that I do like them.

My favorite is the Super Dry Kids especially since its modeled after the Pampers that were on the market when I was a kid. I have tried the pre school plastic but found that they were a little thin for my taste and a little flimsy overall. But they are a bargain and have a cute design. Shipping can get pricey depending on the size of your order and were you live since their warehouses are located in Baltimore and Seattle. My only other issue is availability since they seem to have issues with suppliers and keeping product in stock. Their products come from China and a factory that manufactures a wide range of diaper products so they tend to get their stock in batches and like to allow inventory to build before they make them available for purchase. It gets frustrating when the diaper you want seems to be out of stock all the time. Its worse now with the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledreamers333
Also you may also want to look at Bambino diapers. They dont have the same amount of selection but usually their products are in stock. From personal experience they are super comfortable, durable, and reasonably priced. Best of all they dont charge for shipping in the US if you have an address that allows you to get it via postal service. Only down side is lack of variety. But they are working on that it seems.

Love ABU diapers so far, have tried Little Pawz and love them.

This month ordered a case of PeekABU on a chance as they looked good in photos, and my, absolutely amazed, great fit, and they hold loads, so ordered another case.

Also ordered some samples including the ABU Simple Ultra - love these as well, they are just like PeekABU, but no print, just plain white.

Super Dry Kids, do not like, single tape either side, horrible fit, felt weird, really did not enjoy this, glad I only ordered a sample.

Still to try the 4 tape bunnyhopps, DinoRawrz and the better dry samples I also received.

Reactions: Deleted member 51008
Chocobo114 said:
Just ordered some kiddo and their dino themed diaper, the mediums are now sized on the small side than used to and absorbency with the kiddos is maybe 2 average wetting. I'm kinda underwhelmed, they're thinner/low rise and not nearly as absorbent as previous years. I can where both under pants easily. Haven't bought for a number of years. Wish they'd get away from the fluid ratings, they've become very misleading to compete with competition. Other than that I do like them.
Hi, Chocobo! I noticed that when looking at charts when deciding to buy, some companies say what size absorbs what, based on the size. Nothing wrong with smalls, but boosters help. Cheaper but capable boosters seem to be at Northshore Care, although it's up to you where you live. I tried a booster in a very big-time absorbent diaper, and could laughingly barely walk to the kitchen with my crotch so wide! I almost fell on the floor laughing!!! My roommate did the same thing, but I won in weight, over-all! So, in my house, I won 2020 biggest diaper ever!!!!!!!!!!!!(at least I did SOMETHING while being in this pandemic!) Does anyone want to send me an AWARD? I'd love it! "Biggest diaper ever!!!!"

Last edited:
Back