littledreamers333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
what's everyone thoughts on ABU Cushies 2 tape?

Reactions: Cottontail
I really liked them when they first came out. I think we have better options now though.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and TigerDL
I love them, they're my diaper of choice. The sad thing is, they're slated to be discontinued.

Reactions: littledreamers333
I wish they had kept the original light baby blue color scheme than purple personally.
(yes cushies were a almost exact replica of a real baby diaper in terms of print but not form.)

1712460631431.png
I actually wore the baby versions when I was younger.

I hope if or when they come back, they add elastic sides and etc.
But honestly they probably are gonna be gone for good.

We really need more 2 tape designs.

Love the products we have, but I dislike that we have stalled on trying to create a almost 1 to 1 baby diaper in adult form. Like we have the colors/patterns down but base form of diaper still is generic adult style. No elastic sides and then certain aspects of the diapers core width could be adjusted to be more inline with how actual baby diapers are so fit would look similar on adult.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and Cottontail
I like them I will always buy them from ABU as they are plastic backed 2 taped diapers

Well, I have a bunch in my closet just sitting there, they are NOT my fave, not even like them, prob should give them away TBH, but havent spent the time to do that, prob have 4-6 bags of them, My ex bought them and i just didnt like the feeling of them and they arent as absorbant as i like, I use megamax 99% of the time.

Coincidence, I am in a wet and messy Cushies cloth back diaper and all is well, no leaks or diaper blowout.

ok thanks im in toss up between abu dino rawrz an cushies atm

I like them, but have to do a lot of trimming on each one prior to use to be able to get a REALLY good fit. I trim all the excess material off, everything made excess from the absence of another tape. I trim from the top of the tape up to the elastic waist band, and from the bottom of the tape to meet the curve of the center section. I then trim everything off the front wings to the landing zone (velcro will only stick to the landing zone material, so everything not landing zone is superfluous). I then trim from the bottom of the counter mark on the landing zone (black bar, same location every product, both sides) down to the center section curve. Final trim is the top of the landing zone to the elastic.

This trimmed diaper fits MUCH better than out of the box. It really allows for a functional single tape design. In other words it securely fastens around the waist AND securely around the legs. Doesn't feel like it's going to fall off and doesn't leak from the legs. It is a solid diaper, and a great design. It is a bit on the lesser side of absorbency in today's ABDL market though.

I bought dozens and dozens of packages all at once this time last year as they were being cleared out after discontinuation. Combining the clearance discount with a random Casey discount meant I got each pack for close on $15!! I stocked up like crazy, and year later I think I still have 10 packs or so.

Last edited:
I liked them originally and still occassionally get and use them but my new go to is the bunny hops and the rearz pink usagis.

They're fine. If you're like me and fall between sizes go with the larger of the 2. They seem to run small and it's more secure to have the tapes on your front rather than the sides.

I tried them not too long ago and they were nice! They're not as bulky as some other AB/DL diapers which could be a pro or a con depending on what you like. I personally like bulky diapers, but not so much when I'm at work haha so they worked great for that! I liked the print, but wasn't a huge fan of the two tape design. It's probably because I'm plus size, but it felt like I was always having to pull the diaper up all the time or else it would slowly slide down. Other than the tapes, that was my only con with these diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL and littledreamers333
I preferred the 4-tape original versions of Cushies and SDKs. I never felt that I could get a really secure fit with the 2-tapes. That was made worse by the fact that, a few years back, diaper tapes tended to drift across the shell over the course of a night. Adhesives and landing zones have, thankfully, improved greatly.

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy and Jonnythepony
The two-tape Cushies were the first ABDL diapers I tried. I do still like them, and I'm sorry to see them go, especially because it seems like ABU's in no hurry to bring out new two-tape diapers. (I know they don't work well for everybody, but they work really well for me!) If the clothlike Cushies had been made with the same really soft materials used for LittleKings and AlphaGatorz, I might've kept buying them, but the difference was pretty significant. They just didn't have that baby-diapery feel.

I haven't tried the four-tape Cushies and probably won't. It was the two-tape thing that made them interesting to me, not the print.

Reactions: TigerDL and binkyyybunnyyy
I'm not a fan of tw0-tape diapers. Four-tape diapers fit me better and therefore I have fewer leaks.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I love the design of two tapes diapers but honestly they’re not for me. They always seem loose on me. They just don’t fit perfectly than what you see on the pictures.

Reactions: binkyyybunnyyy
Back