ABDL while still living with family? (Questions)

dogboy said:
I had the best bedroom situation as a kid in that my bedroom was the attic of my parents' house. They liked cape cod houses and since we didn't have a lot of money, the two houses that we lived in were quite small, two bedrooms in the downstairs. Since my mom wanted to make a dining room out of the second bedroom, I got to be upstairs. With cape cod houses, the upstairs is really the attic, the ceiling being the roof. Both houses had dormer windows and the last house had all these little closets in the eves. It was under the insulation in one of those closets that I hid my diapers. It worked for many years until my senior year in college when I got found out.
That sounds like such a cool set up! I remember living in the attic when I was little, in an old home my mom rented way back in Oregon! Very nostalgic memories. Hiding it under insulation is so smart, right now mine is tucked between storage under my bed in a pillowcase LOL

Reactions: dogboy
I'm like 60% sure my mom's known since i was a teen and just hasn't ever brought it up to spare my feelings. We live together again now, and I've just kept my baby things as out of the way as I can. If she ever does ask me about it, it'll be an insanely awkward conversation but not much more. I just put my things in a draw in my room, or in my closet obscured by bedsheets, clothes, and other normal closet items.

Bunnybnuy said:
I'm like 60% sure my mom's known since i was a teen and just hasn't ever brought it up to spare my feelings. We live together again now, and I've just kept my baby things as out of the way as I can. If she ever does ask me about it, it'll be an insanely awkward conversation but not much more. I just put my things in a draw in my room, or in my closet obscured by bedsheets, clothes, and other normal closet items.
I've been away from home for decades now so this hasn't crossed my mind, but one thing I mentally coached myself on when I was a young adult still living with parents was having this possible conversation with them. It never came up so I was lucky but I put a lot of thought into it. My main focus was basically on "Hey I'm still the same me you've always known, but everyone has deep layers and you just discovered one of mine." My wife and I had this talk a long time ago about how we would react to our kid ever being in this type of situation and our answer is to love and encourage, as my wife does with my abdl journey. We're all about breaking the stigma and as much as it sucks for anyone to be found out, even some seniors I've read posts from here still fear it, we just want our future generations to embrace themselves and not have to worry about being found out because life is about so much more than our insecurities.

Traveler said:
I've been away from home for decades now so this hasn't crossed my mind, but one thing I mentally coached myself on when I was a young adult still living with parents was having this possible conversation with them. It never came up so I was lucky but I put a lot of thought into it. My main focus was basically on "Hey I'm still the same me you've always known, but everyone has deep layers and you just discovered one of mine." My wife and I had this talk a long time ago about how we would react to our kid ever being in this type of situation and our answer is to love and encourage, as my wife does with my abdl journey. We're all about breaking the stigma and as much as it sucks for anyone to be found out, even some seniors I've read posts from here still fear it, we just want our future generations to embrace themselves and not have to worry about being found out because life is about so much more than our insecurities.
I don't exactly have like a speach or letter prepaired, because my mother's a very wonderful and accepting person. The knowledge that my therapist both knows about it and that it helps me process my issues would I think be enough for her. I was diagnosed with autisim at a very young age so my mental health's always something that's worried her, so while agere helps me alot this is something I'd rather keep to myself than burden her already full plate with. :cry:

Bunnybnuy said:
I don't exactly have like a speach or letter prepaired, because my mother's a very wonderful and accepting person. The knowledge that my therapist both knows about it and that it helps me process my issues would I think be enough for her. I was diagnosed with autisim at a very young age so my mental health's always something that's worried her, so while agere helps me alot this is something I'd rather keep to myself than burden her already full plate with. :cry:
Sounds like you've got an awesome mom. I know mine found my stolen diapers as a kid and never said a word. She once mentioned taking her used computer to a shop for service (back in the 90's) and said they saw a bunch of searches about adult diapers, but it was a few years before I ever searched that stuff. Then again my mom has also sent me and my wife unsolicited bedroom things that have made us both giggle and cringe at the same time. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or cursed :p Having a great therapist on your side is also an incredible resource.

Last edited:
CozyPups said:
Really curious if anyone has some advice on how to be careful- or even advice on what to do when someone does suddenly come home and you're in a diaper. (Also hearing yall's personal stories about this stuff would be super interesting if anyone wants to share.)
Your best bet will just either finding a little cubby hole in your house that youre sure no one will check like a small hole in an attic space or a personal backpack, maybe with a small lock so it can't be opened by anyone like you, stored away in your closet or under your bed.

Wanting to indulge in ABDL desires while living with family will never not be a risk if you're not trying to get caught but it's something where you'll have to consider whether your family will be at home at times whenever you want to indulge and understanding that there will be a chance they can suddenly reappear and planning for such.

I just moved into my own apartment from my mom's house within the last week it was nerve wracking to hide things especially the baby bottle and the adult Passifier not so much the adult diapers because I'm not only ABDL but urinary incontinence also.

Back