AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 68064
MegaChar said:
This makes my want to cry in happiness...

Redding Man Shares "Adult Baby" Lifestyle With National Geographic - News Story - KRCR Redding

Kind of old news but...I think next month Ill give him a call(I live in the same city as he does)

EDIT:...I don't think i said that right,I ment was that I didn't know that I have some one to talk to about being a DL...That why I was crying....

Not to sound like a dick, but the guy isn't exactly "stable". He's got at least some level of mental retardation, if I remember correctly (I might be wrong on that, but I know that he's at least got PTSD), and can't even function in his day-to-day life without help, and the person that helped him also treated him like a baby, though she died recently. It's not really someone you could talk to about "average" DL problems. I'm not saying that you shouldn't befriend him if you want to, but it's totally different than befriending, for lack of a better term, a regular DL. I'd also say that you're a bit young to be hanging out with this guy that's over 1.5x older than you (I'm only 19 and have hung out with older, and from experience it can be awkward), but I guess that's your own decision.

tl;dr don't get your hopes up, most people were NOT happy that Stanley was on the show because he's not an accurate representation of what AB/DLs are like

Reactions: Deleted member 68064
Zephy said:
Not to sound like a dick, but the guy isn't exactly "stable". He's got at least some level of mental retardation, if I remember correctly (I might be wrong on that, but I know that he's at least got PTSD), and can't even function in his day-to-day life without help, and the person that helped him also treated him like a baby, though she died recently. It's not really someone you could talk to about "average" DL problems. I'm not saying that you shouldn't befriend him if you want to, but it's totally different than befriending, for lack of a better term, a regular DL. I'd also say that you're a bit young to be hanging out with this guy that's over 1.5x older than you (I'm only 19 and have hung out with older, and from experience it can be awkward), but I guess that's your own decision.

tl;dr don't get your hopes up, most people were NOT happy that Stanley was on the show because he's not an accurate representation of what AB/DLs are like
*watches video*......Oh!.....*sighs*:sad:So much for that...

I just want someone to talk to someone in real life other then my mom and her friend.....someone who is stable and enjoys having a normal life but with the feelings of a DL like me...

I really do thank for stopping me from making the dumbest mistake of my life:wallbash:...I wish I could give you something for thanks other then that...

(Im happy at least I know now their a few DL's in the city but I don't think I will ever be calling anyone)

Thanks...

I don't know if anyone already threw this reference out there, but in the music video for Don't Come Around Here No More, Alice is in a stroller with a bonnet. It's silly, and she turns into a pig.

MegaChar said:
*watches video*......Oh!.....*sighs*:sad:So much for that...

I just want someone to talk to someone in real life other then my mom and her friend.....someone who is stable and enjoys having a normal life but with the feelings of a DL like me...

I really do thank for stopping me from making the dumbest mistake of my life:wallbash:...I wish I could give you something for thanks other then that...

(Im happy at least I know now their a few DL's in the city but I don't think I will ever be calling anyone)

Thanks...

No big deal. This gives me a place to rant about stupid things when THE MAN isn't trying to keep me down.

Hanging out with AB/DLs isn't that much different unless you get the babyfurs. Those ones are freaky. Especially the ones that think they're cats... D:

Adult diapers on Victorious

So, I'm watching the latest episode of Victorious (yes ... I'm an adult who enjoys Victorious ... deal with it :cool:). Robbie uses the new feature on his Pear Phone (parody of Siri and iPhone) to search for:
"Window repairman in Beverly Hills".
The phone says back, "Searching for adult diapers."
"No no no - that was my last search!"

Sooo ... Robbie is a closet DL? :dunno:

Yay, small reference.

But seriously- I MISSED AN EPISODE OF VICTORIOUS?!

He does have a kind of senile grandmother...

Phew, there really are a lot of things I remember referencing diapers in popular media, independent from themes like babysitting episodes and the like. Especially cartoons from the US and Manga seem to be prone to use this. Because I can't remember everything right now, I just want to list some of the things I spontaneously remember - and even that will be incomplete, I guess.

• In "Elfen Lied" by Lynn Okamoto, one of the more important secondary characters is a girl named Nozomi who is incontinent and forced to wear diapers because of that. I'm sure this has already been mentioned in this thread (but I haven't read through all these pages XD') cause it's one of the most famous examples from this medium.
  • There has been a girl called Kinoko Sarada in Akira Toriyama's manga "Dr. Slump" who wears diapers (at least in the german version of the anime, I don't know how her reaction sounds in other languages) although she already is 5 or 6. When Arale scares her at one point, she mentions that she "peed her diaper" because of that, which really enrages her.
  • I once saw a part of a (I think german) movie, where a girl in her mid-twenties lead her friend, who visited her for the first time, to the room of her little sister - a girl of at least 16 years of age - and introduced her with "and here we have the diaper faction" to make her mad.
  • Too much to count in US cartoons, especially the ones by Nickelodeon. I really thought about creating a list collecting all instances of AB/DL-stuff in pop culture, categorised by medium and the page/time stamp it appears. Anyone interested in helping or is there already something like this?

spn said:
Phew, there really are a lot of things I remember referencing diapers in popular media, independent from themes like babysitting episodes and the like. Especially cartoons from the US and Manga seem to be prone to use this. Because I can't remember everything right now, I just want to list some of the things I spontaneously remember - and even that will be incomplete, I guess.

• In "Elfen Lied" by Lynn Okamoto, one of the more important secondary characters is a girl named Nozomi who is incontinent and forced to wear diapers because of that. I'm sure this has already been mentioned in this thread (but I haven't read through all these pages XD') cause it's one of the most famous examples from this medium.
  • There has been a girl called Kinoko Sarada in Akira Toriyama's manga "Dr. Slump" who wears diapers (at least in the german version of the anime, I don't know how her reaction sounds in other languages) although she already is 5 or 6. When Arale scares her at one point, she mentions that she "peed her diaper" because of that, which really enrages her.
  • I once saw a part of a (I think german) movie, where a girl in her mid-twenties lead her friend, who visited her for the first time, to the room of her little sister - a girl of at least 16 years of age - and introduced her with "and here we have the diaper faction" to make her mad.
  • Too much to count in US cartoons, especially the ones by Nickelodeon. I really thought about creating a list collecting all instances of AB/DL-stuff in pop culture, categorised by medium and the page/time stamp it appears. Anyone interested in helping or is there already something like this?
We do have this thread listing AB/DL in pop culture, but it would be actually be verynice to have a more organized and concise list, along with specific episodes and times, maybe an article would do it justice. You can suggest an article here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/administrative-stuff/30915-article-requests-thread.html

spn said:
I really thought about creating a list collecting all instances of AB/DL-stuff in pop culture, categorised by medium and the page/time stamp it appears. Anyone interested in helping or is there already something like this?

This is something I've really thought about doing a few times now, but I simply don't have the time for it. In all honesty, this is the kind of thing our old wiki was designed for, but we never really had a list there. The wiki has long since been removed and replaced by our much cleaner and nicer articles system. I would agree with BandNerd's suggestion to request an article so one of our content moderators can look into it. :)

Thanks to both of you for the advice, I've posted a request in the thread you specified. :)

Oh, new one coming up. I don't know if anyone else monitors SNPP.com to see info on all the upcoming Simpsons episodes, but I am a nerd who does. :p

I stumbled upon this description for an upcoming episode:

March 11th:
8:00 • How I Wet Your Mother (PABF08)
Homer suddenly develops a bedwetting problem, and it seems to come from his dreams, so Marge and the kids try to get into his subconscious to see what the problem is - and, somehow, Homer's mother is involved

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it and see if they make adult diaper jokes. :p

The Simpsons are one of the biggest suspects already with all of it's diaper jokes through it's run and now this. XD
Too bad it will probably take another year until I can see that episode in my country, but maybe someone of you can tell me about it as soon as it aired. ^^

spn said:
The Simpsons are one of the biggest suspects already with all of it's diaper jokes through it's run and now this. XD

Too bad it will probably take another year until I can see that episode in my country, but maybe someone of you can tell me about it as soon as it aired. ^^

Why wait for your country to air the episode, when you can just download a scene tv rip of it after it airs in america?

That's what I do, even though I could just watch it on TV (I'm from California, but I hate commercials).

Simpsons in diapers

Clip from the intro of the 500th Episodes... Homer and Marge go AB while Bart and Lisa go TB. Maggie stays the same, as always... Luckiest lil person alive!View attachment 7851

Tonights Simpsons episode

Homer in a diaper. He bedwets in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back