AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Family Guy, it's implied (and seen) a couple of times that Joe wears a diaper, probably due to his disability. In one episode, Joe makes Peter take off his clothes due to "theft." He tells Peter, "Yeah, take off everything, right down to the poop sack -- What? You don't have a poop sack? DAMMIT, BONNIE! YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SACK!"
In another episode, you see Bonnie changing the baby's diaper, and then Joe's.

DAng they took all the ones i was thinking of. But they have defenetly hid Ab/dl ism into alot of our culture wether it be bad or good. They doo it. Like The super hero episode of the suite life of zack and cody. Mosby gets zaped by the adultafier and turns into a baby.

Simpsons 'MrPlow' episode - Barney is running around in a diaper.

Me :p said:
on oneof the episodes of "My Name is Earl" (I apologize for not knowing which at the moment) one of the main characters meets a guy at a bar. They wind up in a motell and he comes into the bedroom with a binky, bottle, and diaper. But then the woman says "I don't think this will work out.
I remember now! Its the one where Joy is looking for a husband because she is single and pregnant.

There are actually ALOT of *b/dl or diaper references on My Name Is Earl.

Possibly Insane said:
My God wrestling is dumb.

The sad part is that guy writes their storylines for them lol.

YouTube - Jr gets mad

I don't care who you are, that's funny right thrr.

kenshi said:
I left a comment on the page but it says it's waiting for moderators to approve the message so others can see it.

Looks like it got posted. And someone even posted in support. All is not lost...

Burger King's latest ad about their $1 Double Cheeseburger had a grown man in baby clothes playing in a sandbox, with toys, and in a high chair. While the commercial went "Even if you were born yesterday, you would know this is a good deal."

Needless to say, I want a burger now.

I just got done watching Action League Now. In the episode, Big Baby was running rampant and cranky. They gave him a diaper change, and he was happy. "Amazing what a clean diaper will do." "Boy, I'll say." (Pan to The flesh, who is wearing a diaper at the end of the episode.)

Its really no wonder at all at why we are like we are... the media is completely bolstering our desires by representing to the general public a subliminal portrayal of *Bism in normal life. I personally find it amazing and if it is a coincidence then its a welcome happy one =).

Okay so over the weekend I saw 3 AB/DL references, the first was the Burger King ad that DiaperedCarl already mentioned. The 2nd was on the Curious Funny Photos Blog, the post is called 'Victims of Fashion' about half way down there is a pic of a guy in a diaper and although they are not related, the guy in the pic is oddly enough standing out side a Burger King.victims-of-fashion-26.jpg (image)
The 3rd was on an SNL digital short, in it Alicia Keys makes a booty call to Andy Samberg who is playing an odd flamboyant guy in a yellow ruffled flaminco dancer shirt. He asks her what she's wearing and she says you first and he replies, "Oh, you mean over my diaper?" Hulu - Saturday Night Live: Digital Short: Booty Call

Raccoon said:
There are only so many ways it will be portrayed in the media:
1. documentary - which will either be some sensational tabloid thing or else some really dry academic thesis from sociology or psychology. The term "paraphillic infantilism" is a giveaway.
2. parody
3. straight - but this will be diaper ads, whether for kids or adults, or something on bedwetting or disability: which isn't "for fun." If the presence of diapers is treated as "no big thing" then that almost sensationalizes the issue.

I honestly don't know what a "sympathetic portrayal" would look like. Ideas, anyone? Examples?

Tyra banks did a nice show on adult babies what was the most sympathetic portrayal I've ever seen in the media...msot of the world is in the dark about the abdl community and most fear of alternative culture is based mostly on ignorance myths or bad information...what makes laugh inside is knowing how many people have contact with abdl's and don't know it...its because we live normal lives....abdl is part of us..but its not all we are...this all being said poplular culture will never understand adults/teens wearing diapers or acting like babies...to them its too wierd...to us its normal and with out it life is wierd...I have had to wear diapers my whole life due to surguries I had as an infant on my urological system bowel muscle and digestive tract...when I turned 10 is when I stopped being ashamed of my problems and started having abdl thoughts and fantasies..first I surpressed them feeling it was wierd but I couldn't hold them back forever...that's were I get my screen name waslost1234abc from...I was lost but know am found..and I firmly believe popular culture is lost ...

waslost1234abc said:
Tyra banks did a nice show on adult babies what was the most sympathetic portrayal I've ever seen in the media...msot of the world is in the dark about the abdl community and most fear of alternative culture is based mostly on ignorance myths or bad information...what makes laugh inside is knowing how many people have contact with abdl's and don't know it...its because we live normal lives....abdl is part of us..but its not all we are...this all being said poplular culture will never understand adults/teens wearing diapers or acting like babies...to them its too wierd...to us its normal and with out it life is wierd...I have had to wear diapers my whole life due to surguries I had as an infant on my urological system bowel muscle and digestive tract...when I turned 10 is when I stopped being ashamed of my problems and started having abdl thoughts and fantasies..first I surpressed them feeling it was wierd but I couldn't hold them back forever...that's were I get my screen name waslost1234abc from...I was lost but know am found..and I firmly believe popular culture is lost ...
...you know the post you just replied to is 2 years old, right?

Anyway speaking of "sympathetic portrayals", there was a series on BBC Three (I think) a few years back about different sexual communities, and one of the episodes had the host interview a professional care-taker/dominatrix. The host of the show tried on a nappy and actually wet it, and he commented that it actually felt pretty nice.

EDIT: Looks like someone found it already:
Lizzie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYAFIn-Hh0

I was bored so I searched Adult Baby on youtube and I found this

Another American Dad one. Stan and Francine decide to prevent Steve going through puberty as it was hell for them with Hayley, by using some CIA drugs, but it backfires and Steve is turned into a toddler! :D

I'd swear with all the diaper, baby and furry references in Family Guy and American Dad, someone behind these shows must be into this stuff :D

dangermouse said:
Another American Dad one. Stan and Francine decide to prevent Steve going through puberty as it was hell for them with Hayley, by using some CIA drugs, but it backfires and Steve is turned into a toddler! :D

I'd swear with all the diaper, baby and furry references in Family Guy and American Dad, someone behind these shows must be into this stuff :D

What's the name of that episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back