AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sabrina the teenage witch features an episode (season 1 ep 3) with ABDL themes, though she does refer to the whole thing as "really creepy". :\

Last Week's Defiance featured an AB scene (desperate, prostitution, again, *sigh*)

Also, Defiance looked like it may have been an alright show... but the last ep was pretty bad, disappointing.. no good new sci fi :/

View attachment 16956

happysnaps said:
Last Week's Defiance featured an AB scene (desperate, prostitution, again, *sigh*)

Also, Defiance looked like it may have been an alright show... but the last ep was pretty bad, disappointing.. no good new sci fi :/

View attachment 16956

I saw the episode and I agree it was disappointing compared to what we have seen thus far (this scene being neither here nor there in that assessment). I've seen at least one other comment elsewhere that this was an ABDL scene but I didn't get that out of it. It looked to me like it was just a placement of the sheet to cover his unfilmables as part of a BDSM scene. Not to say that it couldn't have been meant as a diaper but there wasn't anything other than a white covering of the crotch to suggest that to me. No tingling of my ABDL sense but perhaps it needs a tune-up.

Trevor said:
I saw the episode and I agree it was disappointing compared to what we have seen thus far (this scene being neither here nor there in that assessment). I've seen at least one other comment elsewhere that this was an ABDL scene but I didn't get that out of it. It looked to me like it was just a placement of the sheet to cover his unfilmables as part of a BDSM scene. Not to say that it couldn't have been meant as a diaper but there wasn't anything other than a white covering of the crotch to suggest that to me. No tingling of my ABDL sense but perhaps it needs a tune-up.

I saw that scene too, I'm pretty sure I saw pins on the sides. So I assumed it was a diaper.

Alphacore said:
I saw that scene too, I'm pretty sure I saw pins on the sides. So I assumed it was a diaper.

It was still available on-demand, so I went back and looked. There was what looked like a brass diaper pin that I missed before. I stand corrected.

Oh it was a diaper alright.

The new Tosh.0 (5/14/13) had a AB clip in the first segment. Spawned a skit featuring "big ass baby".

I saw it and was amazed. I thought Tosh's self clip was pretty funny, complete with the creepy, crying baby mask.

dogboy said:
I saw it and was amazed. I thought Tosh's self clip was pretty funny, complete with the creepy, crying baby mask.

I was quite surprised how little bile the commentary contained (not to say it wasn't there, just not as much as I expected). Though there aren't many skits they play on that show I find amusing, and that one was just par for the course.

This might be the new theme song for some AB/DL's out there... It's by Lonely Island, a fairly big rap group. I just feel uncomfortable while watching it... especially when my roommate found it.

[video=youtube;3V35jvY0u7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I[/video]

Rocky: that was great, but darn, I really thought that was going to be an ABDL-focused one, and had hopes it wouldn't be offensively crafted, as is often the case when we make it into comedic stuff. It was not what I expected, but good. I do like Lonely Island.

Speaking of music, the new album by Depeche Mode has a song that's sort of relevant to our subculture. It's not specifically ABDL-related. In fact, it's a little morbid, but it basically mentions how denying "the child inside" causes it to die:
The Child Inside Lyrics - Depeche Mode
Again, not really a reference, but I found it interesting.

This was posted on another site, surprised it wasn't here yet:
[video=youtube;fpBK3-jCeYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBK3-jCeYY[/video]

Per ms clara riddle, I did see baby photo AB recreations like that posting around Pinterest.

You'll never guess what i just watched!

I just saw a futurama episode where bender becomes incontinent, wets every time he laughs, and needs to wear diapers! It shocked me!
did you see it?

- - - Updated - - -

well it just ended now

I don't know if this counts, but Devendra Banhart's "I Feel Just Like a Child" song could be my anthem as an AB. I know a lot of us can feel like we're just 'little' inside all the time, even when we're not roleplaying or dressing up. Regardless of Devendra's actual lifestyle and/or desires, he nailed that aspect inside me with this song.

[video=youtube;PhW7FLo6peU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhW7FLo6peU[/video]

Hi,

it was maybe already mentioned here, but I just watched the lovely little 2011 movie "Shot 'em up" (the title is the plot description) starring Clive Owen, which contains a scene playing in an ABDL environment. A fairly entertaining movie.

Cheers.

So I was watching Rugrats on Amazon prime the episode where Angelica acts like a baby to dodge responsibilities. At the end of the episode shes sitting in the play yard with the real babies, though right behind her is a kid also in diapers apparently.

RHVBfO6.jpg

Fire2box said:
So I was watching Rugrats on Amazon prime the episode where Angelica acts like a baby to dodge responsibilities. At the end of the episode shes sitting in the play yard with the real babies, though right behind her is a kid also in diapers apparently.

That's the only episode of Rugrats I truly liked as a kid...

Saw this through twitter - it's not exactly ABDL, but close enough...

Wet nurse for adults gain popularity among the rich in China

It seems that human breast milk is regarded as a kind of cure-all build-up drink in Traditional Chinese Medicine - "even better than bird’s nest.” - who knew?*

*The Chinese I guess, there are more than a billion of them...

I guess this would fit in this thread. A gorgeous actress may have a diaper fetish of some kind. Anybody heard of Sara Fletcher from the defunct Comedy Central series "Secret Girlfriend" (she was the secret girlfriend)? Probably not. She's done mainly internet work -- stupid comedy series and her own interview show -- plus some guest starring TV work, indie movies and several commercials. Personally, I think she's the most gorgeous actress working now, unbelievably pretty. She "tweets" a lot, and has made many diaper mentions. She posted a link to denim baby diapers, talked about building a time machine for her friends where wearing diapers would be mandatory, said that she might have to wear diapers when her plumbing went out, joked several times about needing to wear diapers because she was so excited about something, and then today joked about clothes that look like "diaper wear" and leaving room for "blowouts". One time she also said "I should just switch to diapers and bottles -- seems to work well for babies," which to me is the most glaring.

What do you make of all this? She has a sick, juvenile sense of humor, and so do her friends, so this could be an example of that. However, in other "tweets" she also mentions childlike stuff such as child's dolls, candy and an obsession with bounce houses, which indicates a 30-year-old woman who is still preoccupied with being like a kid. It's clear to me that something is going on with this chick, whether or not it's a full-blown fetish involving wearing. I doubt that she would air her fetish so openly. Maybe she has a fascination with diapers or is curious about it, but doesn't know what to make of it, so she just jokes about it. Who knows?

Last edited:
Probably the biggest one that stands out for me from my childhood was the Tom & Jerry episode "Baby Puss". I'm sure it's been mentioned but WOW... for 1943, watching it today, I wonder how many AB's that cartoon spawned. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the original Man Show that was on Comedy Central had a "Baby Barry" who would appear now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to find stills from Baby Barry, no dice, but his name is Barry J. Ward. Somehow those pics never made it on to his IMDb page....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back