A really bizarre view...

Richard101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have just seen this on on the web and find the views expressed completely extraordinary. What do you think?

"In a surprising and controversial move, Uganda’s Parliament has approved an 18% tax levy on all diapers, including adult diapers, leading to widespread outrage and allegations of discrimination. The decision, signed into law by President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, has ignited a heated debate and raised concerns about targeted actions against the LGBTQ+ community.

The Ministry of Finance, Planning, and Economic Development initially proposed ending the blanket VAT exemption on “luxurious” baby diapers to promote tax compliance. However, Parliament expanded the scope of the tax to include all diapers, including adult diapers, based on claims that they are primarily used by homosexuals. During the parliamentary session, Aisha Kabanda, a member of the National Unity Platform (NUP), stated,
https://go.ezodn.com/ads/charity/pr...s://www.artworks-sy.co.uk/donate&ffid=1&co=GB
Ezoic

“We just passed the Anti-Homosexuality Bill and we know for a fact that the biggest number of people that use diapers for adults are actually homosexuals. So, when you say diapers for adults, you are going to benefit, to a bigger extent, the homosexuals,”

What a crazy view in my opinion!

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: jcwilliams343, denimchicken, TigerDL and 3 others
And, within 6 months there will be a government turn-over!

Reactions: CuriousFabio and Cottontail
Well, that sucks... I'm sure things wil change with time. Pretty strange move. I wonder what goes on in that country that would make them focus on a tax increase for diapers. This one seems pretty ineffective if you ask me. As if thats gonna change your feelings about sexuality or diapers in general. By including baby diapers into the tax increase my first guess would have been to temper the birthrate. But you could temper the birthrate by having homosexuals. So this seems purely ideological.

• Thinking
Reactions: CuriousFabio and Cottontail
@Richard101 I’m not sure what that link in your post was meant to be, heh.

Here’s a link to the (or an) article.

Are gay people really more likely to wear diapers? Am I just dumb for not getting why there would be a connection? Oddly (to me), the wording in the article appears to suggest that critics of the diaper tax are acknowledging that it does in fact target the LGBTQ+ community.

I mean, I know that the ABDL community includes a lot of gay and transgender people, but I wouldn’t have guessed that being gay or trans was a strong indicator for diaper use.

I’m puzzled.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: denimchicken, Zeke, Sealander and 1 other person
Never seen that meme of the Ugandan guy interviewing a Ugandan lesbian?
They hold some pretty ridiculous views over there.

I am incredibly puzzled too, but perhaps there does seem to be more LGBT people on this website than would be a representative percentage in the general population. I can't imagine AB/DL people exceed incontinent people in Uganda or maybe it is that IC people can't afford diapers there

Reactions: CuriousFabio and Zeke
LifesAB said:
Never seen that meme of the Ugandan guy interviewing a Ugandan lesbian?
They hold some pretty ridiculous views over there.
Seeing some of the views held in this Country I think we’d better not be throwing stones.

Reactions: neurallink, Edgewater, sbmccue and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
And, within 6 months there will be a government turn-over!
There's nothing the government will be able to do when the gays rise up and take control of the military when everyone else is taking a potty break.

• Haha
Reactions: Eclectic, Edgewater and TigerDL
Brought to you by a part of the world where people belive in magic and believe raping children will cure AIDS.

Let me know when that part of the world invents microprocessors or Saturn V rockets or contributes to humanity's accomplishments in any meaningful or useful way.

Last edited:
Reactions: CuriousFabio and Edgewater
Cottontail said:
@Richard101 I’m not sure what that link in your post was meant to be, heh.

Here’s a link to the (or an) article.

Are gay people really more likely to wear diapers? Am I just dumb for not getting why there would be a connection? Oddly (to me), the wording in the article appears to suggest that critics of the diaper tax are acknowledging that it does in fact target the LGBTQ+ community.

I mean, I know that the ABDL community includes a lot of gay and transgender people, but I wouldn’t have guessed that being gay or trans was a strong indicator for diaper use.

I’m puzzled.
I think it was a result of copy and paste - I did not know it was there

Reactions: Edgewater
LittleAndAlone said:
Let me know when that part of the world invents microprocessors or Saturn V rockets or contributes to humanity's accomplishments in any meaningful or useful way.
Ouch. I’ll admit they aren’t doing themselves any favors by acting like fools. Of course we have our fare share of fools in the USA, despite the huge rockets red glare going around a flat earth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LittleAndAlone and Edgewater
Eclectic said:
Ouch. I’ll admit they aren’t doing themselves any favors by acting like fools. Of course we have our fare share of fools in the USA, despite the huge rockets red glare going around a flat earth.
Yeah we went from Saturn V and SR71 to tik tok, spinning rims, and eating tide pods in what 2 generations? Not impressed.

• Love
Maybe it’s just the standard governmental insatiable appetite for tax revenue justified by some BS angle that is least likely to invite pushback because of their cultural norms.

Sounds like they needed a way to increase taxes, and ended up using this "convenient" excuse to justify it.

5A184795A34C787CCE61884650A8AC17B86DFF2A

Back