a new development (tansabled)

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Look at the link Paramore provided.
Stupid predictive text. ParaRomeo provided the link.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Stupid predictive text. ParaRomeo provided the link.
Again not try to start anything but if you type that term into any search engine you can find links to articles, studies and much more dating back 10+yrs. All I was saying is it's not a new term and think it was like 06-09 time frame when I first heard about it.

ParaRomeo said:
Again not try to start anything but if you type that term into any search engine you can find links to articles, studies and much more dating back 10+yrs. All I was saying is it's not a new term and think it was like 06-09 time frame when I first heard about it.
Oh, understood. Not your fault. Totally not your fault at all.

I'm sitting at, "If knowledge of these people is now over 10 years old, and they're still a smaller part of the population than disabled or transgender people, what made them loud enough to be interesting, to the point that no one thought hey maybe this is going to. . . I need a word. No I had it. How come No one spotted it as identity theft? If knowledge of these people is over 10 years old, surely we're, respectively, ancient. Did we go quiet?"

It's not you. You started nothing. You just pointed something out. Messenger, dear, I have no weapon.

I'm sitting at, "After all this work, people still don't know what ableism is?"

Nope, totally not your fault. Just puzzling it out.

I was confused as well about the odd use of "trans". I almost consider trans being desecrated with misconceptions and misuse by someone or groups of people "piggy-backing" off a delicate term which should be for what it is because the word then becomes ruined and needlessly complicated. (Too bad TWA went out of business, but that's way off this subject)

For those that desire to cause harm by intentionally making a body part not operate as it was supposed to, I'm sure there is a proper word for it. There's enough of that with so many words.

Introduction. Malingering is falsification or profound exaggeration of illness (physical or mental) to gain external benefits such as avoiding work or responsibility, seeking drugs, avoiding trial (law), seeking attention, avoiding military services, leave from school, paid leave from a job, among others.

Sometimes they do something to themselves to produce the symptom. For example, they may prick a finger and put the blood in a urine specimen. Or they may inject bacteria under their skin to produce a fever and sores. People with the disorder are usually quite intelligent and resourceful.

trans1
/tranz/

Genetics
adjective

1. denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.

What does trans stand for?

Transgender

Transgender, often shortened as trans, is also an umbrella term; in addition to including people whose gender identity is the opposite of their assigned sex (trans men and trans women), it may also include people who are non-binary or genderqueer.

Reactions: OmiOMy
Where I am really confused are people mad at the use of trans or able ?

ParaRomeo said:
it's the entire concept of 'trans-abled.' There are words for what is going on with these people, and transabled is not the one. That is a term that was put together piggybacking off the root of the prefix trans-, without a care or concern to the fact that there is already a community of people who use that term in its long-established meaning.

It's about as bogus as the people claiming 'transracial' identity and claiming that they're a different race than what they were born in. All it does is make the trans community look bad, and we are actively advocating trying to fix this.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
ParaRomeo said:
Give me an example of how you mean this. I want to make sure I understand.

4 pages of discussion about a word or concept being offensive, very little discussion about the actual topic. This is all too common, and doesnt bode well for the future.

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz and fleckothefennec
Aby said:
4 pages of discussion about a word or concept being offensive, very little discussion about the actual topic. This is all too common, and doesnt bode well for the future.
We've discussed it extensively, though.🧐

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Aby said:
I dunno. I think it's a multi-spectrum semantics thing with a ton of emotions everywhere. But words are words. But identity is identity. Sometimes identity is a very sensitive and cherished thing that is, in its formation, very vulnerable to influences whilst still forming.
This reminds me of my buying, incubating, and finally hatching eggs. I cried because I had some casualties. I even got sick from losing sleep and not eating when I should have and ended up needing an IV of fluids! I was ill and tired. Passion does that. Life and death do that. The heartfelt things in our lives do that sometimes when attention is first and foremost.

People have all these for identity. For self-realization. For what is within their hearts.
But it's a different subject matter from going from within with self-identity to causing or doing something to one's body or self out of, God, how do I say this? About hurting one's body to be able to have a disability of some kind?

Maybe this is it you ask? Transgender is transforming life into the blossom as a true seed within that has yet to grow fully. Not hurting themselves. It's a sacred, difficult, yes, but spiritual and personal transition as a whole person into being. :censored:🤔🤭🤫

Reactions: NinaAlex and OmiOMy
Haven't heard the term "transabled" in a while. Caused a big stir in the youtube circles I was in a few years back since people were actually hurting themselves and transgender people didn't like how it felt like people who may have had a known mental illness that can cause a person to inexplicably really want to cut off a body part in a particular place have been comparing their struggles to the transgender community.

Anyway, I agree on that people should not be hurting themselves by making themselves incontinent or by any other means. It may seem pleasurable but one look at any comment around this topic from any of the site's incontinent members can tell you that not having the choice on when your bladder or bowels empty can cause a lot of grief. It may not be seen by society at large as a moral character issue to need diapers, but it's harder to hide when you couldn't go without diapers even if you wanted to, and people's pity is not much better either.

It's advised that if you are experiencing a want to do something which causes you physical harm for any reason, seek help from either a professional if there are any in your area which can be trusted, or a support group with people who understand how you feel and can support you in a way that others might not be able to. Self-harm by/for any means is no joke, and it's never a good answer or the only answer to a problem. If anyone reading this wants to know where to look first, this site is not new to posts about desiring incontinence, where people speak of the dangers of attempting to achieve true or simulated incontinence, and the toll incontinence has on people's lives. I'm afraid I don't know of any other places to go to though.

Reactions: OmiOMy
Back