A little disappointed...

Mommysdiaperboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone else noticed the dry 24/7 diaper has gone way down in quality? Use to be one of my favorite diapers.. they are now thin and cheap..

Reactions: thedlguy
Oh lame. What happened to them? I was just about to buy some.

I havent bought them in 2 years because i was hooked on abu simple... but they seem thinner and cheaper then they were a couple years ago.. also my third wetting caused a huge leak in my bed so i'm not happy about that either... i remember saying that these are the thickest diapers ive worn but thats not the case anymore.. they are an equivalent to the Tranquillity ATN imo....

Oh that sucks.

yeah I just bought a case to mix things up and I am not impressed. The tapes break easily, and I had a wet bed 2 days in a row cause they would not hold my pee throughout the night. I will stick with ABU or Mega Max in the future.

Reactions: Mommysdiaperboy
Oh noooo this is not good news. I bought a case and they're being delivered today!

I'll have to compare them to the ones I have from like 2 years ago.

You guys are making me happy that I switched over almost entirely to cloth diapers. I can always add another layer of diaper, soaker, or terry towel as needed. Once I finally understood that it’s the diapers job to absorb and the plastic pants job merely to isolate the wet diaper from the dry surroundings, not to contain the liquid, leaks have become a thing of the past. I still have Abena M-4s in my closet if I ever find myself needing a disposable but I find it happening less and less often. As much as I dislike change (other than a dirty diaper) I would be upset with whatever company who’s diaper I was buying if they changed their design, especially if it was inferior to their previous product. Stay padded (even if it’s getting thinner!).

PKitty said:
Oh noooo this is not good news. I bought a case and they're being delivered today!

I'll have to compare them to the ones I have from like 2 years ago.
Let me know please!

thedlguy said:
yeah I just bought a case to mix things up and I am not impressed. The tapes break easily, and I had a wet bed 2 days in a row cause they would not hold my pee throughout the night. I will stick with ABU or Mega Max in the future.
ABU all day!

Yeah I think I posted a thread about this a while ago. I got a pack a month or two ago and thought it was just the smalls. Is it all the sizes now too? I was hoping it was just the smalls. I kinda prefer the mediums so hopefully they're still good. The plastic backing is definitely thinner and weaker. The cloth like tapes are awful. The adhesive plastic layer tears loose. The absorbancy seems pretty good still though. The only thing that is good is the overall cut, the shape, doesn't seems to have changed. Idk what it is but these fit me so well. Megamax just don't fit my body right and leak every time. NS Supremes are a close second I guess.

Sadly, a lot of good disposables have gone south in the last 15 years. Dry 24/7 used to be a great diaper about 10 years ago. Sad to see it too becoming crappy. I will say I had to go with the small Dry 24/7s when they went through another change about 5 years ago because the mediums were just too big on me. So they never really fit me that well.

I have a 6-year-old dry 24/7(maybe even older) that even a maga max don't compare with. It is that big in that it makes me waddle back then.

Yes the plastic is thinner but are still bulky....They are my favorite all white plastic diaper. I hope they dont change too much. They dont have that stiff rigid tape zone on the front which is good for me

Reactions: ThickandComfy
Can anyone confirm if this is just the size small? Or do the changes affect all sizes? I'd be fine jumping up to medium if I can have the regular plastic tapes. The cloth tapes on my recent order of smalls are terrible.

I’ve read in other places the quality is extremely inconsistent. A year ago I moved to Megamax and haven’t looked back.

DLinSecret said:
I’ve read in other places the quality is extremely inconsistent. A year ago I moved to Megamax and haven’t looked back.

I've had variation in megamax too. The plastic used to be thick, heavy, not too loud, almost like a dang shower curtain. A recent lot had super thin, super crinkley plastic.

ej24 said:
I've had variation in megamax too. The plastic used to be thick, heavy, not too loud, almost like a dang shower curtain. A recent lot had super thin, super crinkley plastic.
Agreed

I got a pack of them last week, and they're really good. The tapes feel strong, plastic feels good, and they're super thick. They also held a ton of wetting, about as much as a crinklz or similar thick diaper, I really like them and would buy again. For medical diapers they seem matched only by rearz inspire or NorthShore megamax.

Ereid2k19 said:
I got a pack of them last week, and they're really good. The tapes feel strong, plastic feels good, and they're super thick. They also held a ton of wetting, about as much as a crinklz or similar thick diaper, I really like them and would buy again. For medical diapers they seem matched only by rearz inspire or NorthShore megamax.
We're the tapes totally plastic or was the white part cloth?

ej24 said:
We're the tapes totally plastic or was the white part cloth?
White tapes were cloth on top.

Back