A little diaper nostalgia

Billybatts

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Found this box while cleaning out the attic, appears to be around 1989 based on some of the writing on the box. Brought a smile to my face of simpler times.

Attachments

• 31603BFB-3F81-4C4C-B121-3128CAD89181.jpeg
    31603BFB-3F81-4C4C-B121-3128CAD89181.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 09E3951C-B61E-4EE7-BE59-D855E4FF8A55.jpeg
    09E3951C-B61E-4EE7-BE59-D855E4FF8A55.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: DanElmontan
Yes, but what was IN the box?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Cottontail and Billybatts
Unfortunately just junk 😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: theancientmariner
Would be cool to glass frame the one side of that box with all the writing as a picture.
Diaper box poster/picture!

it would have been nice if their were still diapers in the box

Reactions: Diamond and theancientmariner
Billybatts said:
Found this box while cleaning out the attic, appears to be around 1989 based on some of the writing on the box. Brought a smile to my face of simpler times.
Nice. I was helping my mom do some cleaning recently and found the boxes for my old Star Wars toys--the Dagobah set and Millennium Falcon. The toys themselves are long gone, given away to younger relatives sometime back in the late 1980's. The boxes were being used to store random assortments of books and other junk. Still fun to see.

Damn, those toys would be worth $$$$ on eBay if she still had them, heh. For that matter, so would a box of old Huggies if the diapers were still in it!

Last edited:
Oh wow. I used to buy size Large Huggies in those convenience packs in the late 80’s. The Larges still fit my skinny 9-10 year old waist at the time. Memories!

Billybatts said:
Unfortunately just junk 😭😭😭
So, my mom has a shipping container at her house that's all full of old stuff from the early 90's- maybe the late 80s. More than likely there's a box just like yours, but full of just junk on our side. Very low chance of baby diapers, but the thing's never been thoroughly cleaned.

Antientmariner said:
So, my mom has a shipping container at her house that's all full of old stuff from the early 90's- maybe the late 80s. More than likely there's a box just like yours, but full of just junk on our side. Very low chance of baby diapers, but the thing's never been thoroughly cleaned.
You should really dig through it some day because I work in the storage container industry and it's REALLY common for them to develop leaks in places you'd never expect them to, like along the seam between the corten corrugated sheets that make up the walls, and the base of the corner blocks. It's almost impossible to recognize from the outside, but on the inside, you can see the entire floor around that area becomes saturated, and ultimately soaks into anything on/near the floor in that area... and many times I've seen customers dig out their boxed only to find that everything in the very front has been completely destroyed due to being exposed to moisture every time it rained, for an unknown length of time.. and by the time they realized the floor was getting wet, everything in the first 3 feet from the floor was COVERED in mold/mildew.

diaperboymke said:
You should really dig through it some day because I work in the storage container industry and it's REALLY common for them to develop leaks in places you'd never expect them to, like along the seam between the corten corrugated sheets that make up the walls, and the base of the corner blocks. It's almost impossible to recognize from the outside, but on the inside, you can see the entire floor around that area becomes saturated, and ultimately soaks into anything on/near the floor in that area... and many times I've seen customers dig out their boxed only to find that everything in the very front has been completely destroyed due to being exposed to moisture every time it rained, for an unknown length of time.. and by the time they realized the floor was getting wet, everything in the first 3 feet from the floor was COVERED in mold/mildew.
I think it's a bit too late for that. She doesn't want to mess with it. I have no idea when we'll be able to dig through it.

Back