A Diaper Rash Solution for Sensitive Skin

inthedark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's been awhile, so in the past months or maybe year I've found a solution for my diaper rash.

Background:
A little background, about 6 years ago I've began wearing very often (I always wet them), and some days/weeks even using 24/7. Then I started getting diaper rash. In those days I've noticed that using any cream with high zinc oxide is the solution, but it was expensive, sort of. Even then, wearing too long or staying in a wet one for too long was still causing rash. When that rash comes, it takes awhile to go away. I can't fully enjoy wearing it however I like. So that was my first "solution".

Solution:
Then skipping over these several months or even years (not sure, I just know its been so long). I started trying vaseline. And boy that is the solution! I tried mixing different combo of vaseline, desitin and powder. And I found out that using powder somehow gets me rashes easier, and that the best way for me was using strictly only vaseline. So, I stopped using powder, even though I kinda miss it, but I'm okay with it. And now I only use vaseline. I can wear wet diaper for long hours, even getting sweaty (I live in humid and hot place) without any rash or any problems at all. Fucking magic!

Anyways, I've been thinking about sharing this because maybe it'll help for some that are having this problem. I wish I found this sooner. It probably won't work for everyone, but you could give it a try. Some people say vaseline would ruin a diaper (physically like the guards and such), but I've had no problem at all. Even tho I'm using a bit more than enough.

Feel free to ask or share your thoughts or experiencea

Reactions: CptKirk and BigAl2
Calmostopine has been working very well for me. I tried all the others. None were equal.

Reactions: inthedark
I apply ample amounts of Triple Paste at night. My body is screwy. When not feeling well I may very well sleep for 20-24+ hours. works out quite well. after showering I use Desitin during the day as the VA gives it to me for free, so why not. Not saying I never have issues, but they're thankfully quite rare!

Reactions: inthedark and BigAl2
BigAl1 said:
Calmostopine has been working very well for me. I tried all the others. None were equal.
This is wayy more expensive for me. I wonder, do you only use it when the rash comes? or everytime even for prevention?

Reactions: BigAl2
I use it at every change. I used to use AD and others. And an anti fungal when i got rash. The Calmoseptine has been keeping the rashes from coming back. Yes it's a little expensive. But it works for me. You don't need to put it on heavy.

Back