Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatHiddenDL

There are, in fact, flamingos.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I was posting a reply to a thread and I had a thought about why I am ABDL...

Backstory (without going into excruciating detail):
My father died when I was 6 years old I believe (this ‘I believe is an important factor’), I have a tape from a answering machine that I have never listened to with the last message he left for my mother, and every picture I have ever seen of him was with a shaved head and markings which indicated how doctors were going to attempt to remove a brain tumor. I can say without hesitation that the father figure that I had was a man that I never knew. I grew up with multiple men in my life that really amounted to nothing more than passers by and none amounted to a person that I would ever identify as my father... now I could continue this and talk about how I think all the little ol women of my small town lied to me about how great of a Christian my father was just because it was the “right” thing to do, but I’ll save that for another thread. Instead, I’ll say this—I wonder if that missing element had something to do with me being a DL. I don’t really identify as a little, though I admit it’s totally there to some degree (personality wise). It’s easy to turn something like this into a “daddy issue”, but I wonder if that’s what it is.

Has anyone else had similar thoughts or experiences?

I believe mine is part of my personality. I have always been immature for my age, socially and emotionally. I would also feel uncomfortable if I was referred to as being big or "like an adult" even though I was only 8. It was also hard being too old to do things and then I was so happy when McDonalds got rid of their height restriction and changed it to 3-12 years old to play on the playland. I had always been tall for my age so people always thought I was older and it was hard having to wear junior clothes when I was 10 and 11 years old because size 14 was too short and a size 16 was too big for me around the waist. Then my body matured and that was hard for me too because I was a little girl trapped in a changing body. I would feel weird if I had to wear mature clothing so I tend to not dress my age.

But not every childish person is a ABDL and not everyone emotionally immature person is ABDL nor every childlike person. Lot of people like childlike things so that is why Legos have become art and why Lego companies make models now and sell them for adults to assemble and there are adult coloring books too and I have seen old Nickelodeon shows being aired late at night.

I have also liked the idea of men taking care of women and I decided I wanted such a guy, not to be confused with wanting a misogynist.

I lost my father when I was 13. But I was AB long before that, as far back as I can remember; and well before the term AB was probably ever invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back