A break in the storyline

Petya217

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
He there.
I had a strange experience. For a little background: I have urge incontinence developed from OAB basically from one day to the other. Based on the velocity of the development and that docs couldn't really find anything, we (I and my wife) considered it psychological. After almost 5 months it stopped in the same way as it begun, only the lab remained. This fitted the psychology theory, psychological gate broken etc. I thought I was over with it, but now it came back, after about a month, peeing myself against my will and have no power to control it.
Has anyone had any similar? Having the IC, then miraculously getting over it then back in the game?
This really kills my nerves... I thought I was over it, and now getting back to square one. :cry:

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes. Some days, some weeks, are better or worse. Fo me, incontinence doesn't follow a schedule and that is what makes it such a thorn. As a result, you don't always know what to expect. Enjoy those dry days!

I try not to let it rule me and forums like this help to a point.

Thanks for sharing. It was strange. One dry month. Was such a pleasure not to wear diapers. Now, that it's back I feel miserable again. 😢

If you have dry days then enjoy them I haven't been dry for years.

Oohhh yes.. its happened to me. I went through the gauntlet of treatments, tried every pill, had every test, tried biofeedback, neruo stimulation, everything short of surgery. Biofeedback and pelvic relaxation therapy actually got me dry for 4 years, until I started randomly wetting myself again.

Petya217 said:
Thanks for sharing. It was strange. One dry month. Was such a pleasure not to wear diapers. Now, that it's back I feel miserable again. 😢
For me it is perhaps less dramatic. For my daytime U-IC I sometimes easily have accidents away from home and in other weeks it seems I can make it home to use the toilet. I start to question my need for protection. My nighttime enuresis varies too - sometimes I wake up wet and at other times a couple of weeks will go by uneventful.

The unpredictability can drive you batty, especially when dealing with fecal incontinence. I can fully diaper up when I go out and sometimes make it home dry and with no bowel threats (thus wasting a NS Supreme Lite). Other times I feel I don't need to so I leave in a pull-up and that's when the bowels threaten mutiny. You can't win. So, more and more, I am leaving the house fully protected.

Back