70s/ 80s/ 90s disposables thread

AJFan2020 said:
From what I currently remember I only wore a Huggies once back in the early 1980s at age five-and-a-half during my time in preschool. These were not great by today’s standards (I still felt wet after using it, but unlike the Pampers of that time they didn’t leak when I wet in my car seat). Back at this time they had leak guards but they weren’t using super absorbent polymers (SAP) yet (just paper and plastic). A part of me still sometimes wishes that they had these in adult sizes for nostalgia. It would have been good to have more than one memory of a disposable that actually works as it is supposed to.
P&G implemented leak guards, beginning with Luvs in 1996. Pampers and Attends followed during the first half of 1997.

Reactions: AJFan2020
Joediaper said:
Those are my absolute faves as well. Huggies should go back to this design. They were absolutely amazing at absorbing, wicking and leak protection.
I do love them, and actually wear them as well. They do hold an incredible amount, the plastic stretches and even after 2 good adult wettings there are no leaks and I am forced to waddle... I cannot share pictures wearing them here, but if you would like to see them, as well 100's of my other baby diaper pictures you can find them here at the link below. No worries, all the pictures are PG rated, other than an adult in baby diapers ;)... If you visit, be sure to comment and let me know you came from here...

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/gallery/album/3927-vintage-huggies-baby-steps/

From the Aussie nappy thread but here's a late 90's/Early 00's Snugglers nappy (cheaper brand owned by Kimberly Clarke in Australia ) that I found in the storage shed.

w7pjcz8krb7.jpg

IMG-20230620-162345051.jpg

IMG-20230620-162354883.jpg
IMG-20230620-162405610.jpg
IMG-20230620-162419913.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Iron, southeastlittle, JulestheFloof and 5 others
psychoticrainbow said:
From the Aussie nappy thread but here's a late 90's/Early 00's Snugglers nappy (cheaper brand owned by Kimberly Clarke in Australia ) that I found in the storage shed.

w7pjcz8krb7.jpg

IMG-20230620-162345051.jpg

IMG-20230620-162354883.jpg
IMG-20230620-162405610.jpg
IMG-20230620-162419913.jpg
I would definitely put those Snugglers stickers on a crinkly white Depend with 6 tabs.

BabyTweetyBird said:
I would definitely put those Snugglers stickers on a crinkly white Depend with 6 tabs.
Cutest waistband ever!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273

I’ll link this one rather than post it.

It’s from when Pampers Size 6 we’re launched.

Reactions: Iron, JayJay19, XLdiapers and 2 others
363193_363193.jpg1987 Pampers and Peaudouce

• Love
Reactions: JayJay19, Little1, BabylinoAddict and 6 others
adderuk said:
View attachment 122873

1987 Pampers and Peaudouce
Any pictures of Attends and Slipad adult diapers? Pampers and Peaudouce became the main reason for which I wore these plastic-backed puppies puppies in the mid-to-late 1980s.

• Love
Reactions: dluk2020, adderuk and (deleted member)
PCS said:
How wonderful!

There they are- Extra Childsize!

That’s what I would have been wearing at that time!
Not to mention the Peaudouce Juniors I always dreamed of.

18-Vintage-Peaudouce-Junior-old.jpg

Reactions: Diaperedonthedownlow, Dutchpamper and Thalie
Littlebabybecca said:
Here are my favorites from the early 90's... Huggies Baby Steps for girls...
The late 80s/early 90s gendered diapers, especially the girl ones, are absolutely my favorites. The first diapers I bought for myself were Pampers Phases for Her. I was 12. If little me wasn't already a girl, those diapers really solidified things. It was so thrilling and made me feel like such a baby, wearing that pink padding. I can also remember thinking, "When the cashiers see me buying these girl diapers, they'll know I'm buying them for my sister and not for myself." As if any cashier would expect a 12-year-old boy to buy himself Pampers, heh. But at some point I think we all have irrational fears of buying diapers. I got mine over with pretty early in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: camperspampers1, VintagePampers1990, XLdiapers and 3 others
Cottontail said:
The late 80s/early 90s gendered diapers, especially the girl ones, are absolutely my favorites. The first diapers I bought for myself were Pampers Phases for Her. I was 12. If little me wasn't already a girl, those diapers really solidified things. It was so thrilling and made me feel like such a baby, wearing that pink padding. I can also remember thinking, "When the cashiers see me buying these girl diapers, they'll know I'm buying them for my sister and not for myself." As if any cashier would expect a 12-year-old boy to buy himself Pampers, heh. But at some point I think we all have irrational fears of buying diapers. I got mine over with pretty early in life.
How did you managed to hide them from your parents ?

Thalie said:
How did you managed to hide them from your parents ?
I had a huge old office desk in my bedroom. It had a fold-out typewriter table in a cabinet at one end, and the typewriter and all of its supplies were still in there. Nobody used any of that stuff. We had a computer and printer at that point. I found that if I pulled the typewriter table out a ways, there was a space in the cabinet behind it, and that's where I hid my diapers for years.

Although, to be clear, I can't be sure Mom didn't find them, only that she didn't let on. That cabinet did nothing to keep in smells, and even storing the Pampers in a bag couldn't keep my room from smelling like baby diapers. At the time, I remember feeling lucky that Mom hadn't noticed, but in hindsight I feel lucky that she let me do my thing. I'm pretty sure that's what was going on. I've separately shared how Mom found my stash of girls' underwear (bras and panties), or part of it anyway. I don't know if she thought I'd stolen it, or was having sex, but when I told her that I'd bought it with my own money (which was true), she let me keep everything and never mentioned it again. I was doing well in school, wasn't doing anything dangerous or illegal, and had a good circle of friends. Generally, while those things were true, my parents didn't question my means.

Reactions: ElPulpo, Thalie and Joediaper
PCS said:
How wonderful!

There they are- Extra Childsize!

That’s what I would have been wearing at that time!
was extra childsize bigger than the 25kg childsize?

adderuk said:
View attachment 1228731987 Pampers and Peaudouce
Me too! I remember these very well from when I was a kid, the dark blue pack I seem to remember!! from the days before pullups when nappies had to go bigger as they were the only option. Such great nappies!!

1701424058453.jpeg
1701424091570.jpeg
1701424108313.jpeg
1701424135527.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: BabylinoAddict, Deleted member 77437, dluk2020 and 2 others
1701512642929.png

IMG_0281.png

1701512767298.png

1701512808865.png

Back