2024 Gardening thread

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I figured this might be fun for some of us that enjoy being outside and gardening as the weather gets warms, feel free to share your tips, tricks, photos of your gardens as they start to take shape.
My wife and I did a Costco run last week and I was able to pick up about 60 bulbs for cheap, these are for butterflies and hummingbirds, can't wait to get the time to pop them into the ground.
I'm also working on a few empty grass patches and re-shaping our garden beds with a new edge before mulching, I hope the season is wonderful and not to harsh as the warmer weather sets in.

Reactions: messydiaper
We have our yard dug up right now. We had a rash of problems last fall. First 7 feet below ground is a T that runs water up to the surface. That T broke and we have no idea how long it had been broke since it took time to get to the surface. That overpumped the well burning out the well pump. That's about 65 feet down. While dealing with that the pump truck that pulls the pump up from the bottom of the well dot stuck we had to call AAA to come pull him out leaving deep ruts in my yard. But that's not all! All of a sudden half my house had know power. We had an electrician come out to diagnose the problem. There are 3 wires that run from the power pole to the house one of those 3 wires shorted out. We had to dig up a 100 foot 3 feet deep to put new wire cables. So now we have this ditch that's settling. If that wasn't enough our septic system. Somewhere between the septic tank and the drainfueld is a broken pipe. So far we have 100 ft ditch 4 ft deep dug up and still haven't found the broken spot. Still have about 200 ft to go. We had to leave it through winter and will finish that next month. So with my yard all dug up chances of planting any kind of garden is inpossable. My wife and I found some old cattle troffs where gonna set out. My favorite flowers are the Bleeding Heart's so will fill the troffs with the different colors of Bleeding Hearts

Reactions: pampers4U
There is a gardening thread in Blogs and it has been going for a couple of years now.

Back