1980’s Vinyl Footed Blanket Sleeper Pajamas

I am skeptical of the tykables. I have heard mixed reviews plus I am personally not fan of the baby prints wish the had some standard colors. With that said the don’t have my size anyway.

I bought a pair of the Tykables. It was well made and wasn’t bad at all. It just wasn’t for me. Ended up putting it in a donate bag that went to Goodwill.

The only ones I have are both by Lands End from around 2000. I have a size 16 red sleeper and a size large blue 2 piece footed pajamas.

Gnbw4l said:
The only ones I have are both by Lands End from around 2000. I have a size 16 red sleeper and a size large blue 2 piece footed pajamas.
The lands end ones looked great to big to try them out.

For me, they aren’t footed PJs unless they have vinyl feet! I don’t want dots or just plain fleece. I’ve never had toe caps except the Tykables but those are a little off for me. The Big Feet PJs ones have stupidly big feet. That’s nothing like what I had as a kid. I’ve modified one of those by reducing the foot but I’m not great at it. Definitely gonna get some from Etsy. I just can’t wear them on a nightly basis ever since the kids got up to about 4 or so. I could probably wear them and just say these are what I like to wear to be so deal with it. But I can’t hide the diaper that way like I can with sweat pants and a long tail oversized tshirt. And the kids have no clue I wear diapers to bed. I badly want my footed PJs and diaper every night. It’s my best form of having peace.

footedpjs said:
I bought a pair of the Tykables. It was well made and wasn’t bad at all. It just wasn’t for me. Ended up putting it in a donate bag that went to Goodwill.
What didn’t you like?

pjswithfeet said:
What didn’t you like?
I didn’t care for the material. I thought I would try it. I prefer a fleece material and just never wore it after a few tries.

Vinylfeet said:
For me, they aren’t footed PJs unless they have vinyl feet! I don’t want dots or just plain fleece. I’ve never had toe caps except the Tykables but those are a little off for me. The Big Feet PJs ones have stupidly big feet. That’s nothing like what I had as a kid. I’ve modified one of those by reducing the foot but I’m not great at it. Definitely gonna get some from Etsy. I just can’t wear them on a nightly basis ever since the kids got up to about 4 or so. I could probably wear them and just say these are what I like to wear to be so deal with it. But I can’t hide the diaper that way like I can with sweat pants and a long tail oversized tshirt. And the kids have no clue I wear diapers to bed. I badly want my footed PJs and diaper every night. It’s my best form of having peace.
I do wear mine in front of my kids there are no babyish prints or anything. Do you have any with vinyl feet?

pjswithfeet said:
I do wear mine in front of my kids there are no babyish prints or anything. Do you have any with vinyl feet?
Those vinyl feet are the best!!!

Alas, no I haven't. I remember rockin' my blue footies (vinyl toe caps and soles, of course) up until probably 9yo. I found 2 pics of my with it on when going through shoeboxes of photos a few years ago. I can still hear the noise my feet made on the linoleum kitchen floor :)

Well the good news is that we can still enjoy them. I hope that footed pajamas can become a thing again.

Tommy10 said:
Alas, no I haven't. I remember rockin' my blue footies (vinyl toe caps and soles, of course) up until probably 9yo. I found 2 pics of my with it on when going through shoeboxes of photos a few years ago. I can still hear the noise my feet made on the linoleum kitchen floor :)
That’s awesome! The best sound!

Reactions: Tommy10
pjswithfeet said:
Well the good news is that we can still enjoy them. I hope that footed pajamas can become a thing again.
Same here! Hope they do!

Tommy10 said:
Oh totally. I wore through the feet of many a carters sleeper when I was younger. I always looked forward to putting them on for the first time in the fall.

Reactions: Tommy10
pjswithfeet said:
Oh totally. I wore through the feet of many a carters sleeper when I was younger. I always looked forward to putting them on for the first time in the fall.
That was always the best time of year! I remember wearing the feet out on a few of mine.

Backinfootedsleepers said:
That was always the best time of year! I remember wearing the feet out on a few of mine.
I also had a couple of pairs that the outside vinyl would come off. See I don’t remember ever wearing dr dentin’s growing up.

A5DB8B78-0FCE-4F26-88CD-6FB20BF1E81C.png

• Love
Reactions: DiaperBoy4ever, WillFord384, BabyBobbie and 1 other person
Sometimes the vinyl layer would separate from the felt on these. Wish this kind of felt backed vinyl was still around!

Backinfootedsleepers said:
Sometimes the vinyl layer would separate from the felt on these. Wish this kind of felt backed vinyl was still around!
Yes. As it is said they don’t make things like they once did. Dr Denton had it figured out back in the day.

pjswithfeet said:
Yes. As it is said they don’t make things like they once did. Dr Denton had it figured out back in the day.
That’s for sure!

Back