surgery

1. Octopi

Would Love Your Opinion- U-IC and Pain

My Backstory and issue: My U-IC was caused by a surgery I had last year that addressed a chronic issue I had after a traumatic event that affected my pelvic floor and urinary tract. I have pretty constant small amounts of leakage that quickly becomes worse with movement (and is considered a...
  2. jjpadded

Bladder Neck Surgery

Has anyone had bladder neck surgery? Was it successful?
  3. NinaAlex

One step closer -or- Orchiectomy

I've recently (12th of August) had an orchiectomy. The surgery itself wasn't long, I was awake an hour later, and while pain was quite bad the first day, it got much better by evening. The next day, pain was minimal and easily managed with OTC meds. I had some smaller issues wearing diapers...
  4. F

What to expect before surgery

To begin, I want to apologize if this question has already been asked. If it has, a link to that post would be helpful, and I can remove this one. I don't want a duplicate post here. Next week I will be getting surgery for a work-related injury, very minor, not very invasive. Now, I have light...
  5. S

Just had my surgery, slill in hosp.

I just had mynsurgery this morning. Chilling and bord, so I thought I'd update everyone. My urethroplasty was done orthoscopicly. However, to do so the actually had to completely remove my prostate just to get at the stricture. For anyone who has been following, the bottomn1/2 inch of my...
  6. JOCKMAN

Diaper vs Catherization

I tried to do a search on this but did not find anything. Catherization seems unpleasant to say the least and I was wondering if you are going in for surgery (something above the waist) can you request / demand a suitable diaper instead of being catherized? A diaper seems safer than forcing a...
  7. S

Urinary Sphincterotomy

Well for some reason my last thread here was closed. https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/106702-Urinary-Sphincterotomy?highlight=sphincterotomy So I'm making this thread as a continuation to it. It's been a while since I've made an update (not my fault really, my thread was closed on me...
  8. xtrabulk

A Good Diaper for Post-op (Wife as Caretaker)

Hello All, I'm taking to my computer to ask a fairly serious question. I'm going in for some pretty major surgery, and will be staying the night at the hospital--after that, it's pretty much 2 weeks of bed rest. The wife is encouraging me to wear at the hospital. She thinks I "need" them to...
Back